Amazing how fast it goes isn't it?
We had a wonderful whirlwind little boy Christmas here this year. Loved having all the family here in our little place. Loved having Uncle John & Auntie Liz & Cousin Henry as house guests.
Here's some highlights/observations from the past few days:
1. On the 22rd poor Simon was running into his bedroom to dive into his tent and somehow caught his head on the door on the way in. The result was a big black eye.
2. John & Liz arrived on the 23rd to the super delight of us all. Lots of lounging on the big brown couch + pizza for dinner.
3. Had been battling a bit of a cold this past week and woke up the night of the 23rd/24th with the worst ear pain in my life. Spent Christmas Eve morning at Urgent Care + waiting for a prescription for an ear infection. Gotta love that.
4. Came home to rest, my parents arrived, and then we all headed over to Chris' parents for Christmas Eve dinner. Awesome lasagna. Awesome antibiotics for my ears. After dinner + a bread pudding dessert we drove around and looked at lights and then came back here in time to put Simon + Henry to bed and move the couches around and get ready for Santa.
5. Christmas morning was just right. It was just the six of us for most of the morning. We opened some stuff and then took breaks so the boys could play and then dive back in again. It was warm and cozy and just right. Henry's favorite gift was a 6-iron…he is the biggest little golfer (and he is good) I have ever seen. He is all about balls – specifically golf balls. Simon's favorite present was his jack in the box & his Thomas tent that he has slept in the last few nights & his chef outfit + wood pizza set (Jessie you are the best – you can see that one in the top picture).
6. John + Liz took charge of getting the 16 pound prime rib in the oven and cooking it perfectly. Mom also definitely helped out in the cooking department. She is such a master.
7. Chris' parents, sister, and grandparents came over for our early dinner. Family + food = happiness. After eating we all just sat around and chatted and laughed and told stories and played a bit of Oregon trivia that Chris received as a gift. I really liked having the whole celebration here at our house. I love that Mom + Liz were so helpful.
9. Have not finished up Days 22-25 of my December Album yet. Hoping to do that later today. Planning to leave decorations up until after the first of the year which is something new for me – still savoring the twinkle.
Hoping that you all had a wonderful, magical, full holiday.
Starting to think a bunch about my new one little word for 2008 and planning to post about it next week. If you are interested in reading more about the concept of one little word you can read what I wrote about it last year here and then read here.