Week in the Life : Friday Photos + A Couple Words

week in the life : waiting for a bagel by you.

Waiting for a bagel.

week in the life : checking out the city by you.

Checking out the city from the Center for Health & Healing.

week in the life : 10th floor OHSU by you.

10 floors up.

week in the life : crosswords while waiting for the doctor by you.

Crosswords while waiting for the doctor.

week in the life : bagel breakfast by you.

Eating his morning bagel.

week in the life : waiting for the tram at OHSU by you.

Waiting for the tram.

week in the life : on the tram by you.

Riding the tram.

week in the life : crossword at lunch by you.

More crosswords at lunch.

week in the life : napping in the car by you.

Driving home. Love those legs all folded up...just like his sister on the ultrasound.

Dottedline

We were all pretty tired after our adventure up the freeway yesterday that we were really mellow around the house for the rest of the evening. I need to jot down some more thoughts from yesterday today. I think I will probably take some more shots around the house to supplement if I need them.

I am getting excited about putting this all together. Hope you have a great Saturday!

Dottedline

A complete list of posts related to the week in the life project can be found here.

1. Denise Hubbard

2008-10-05 03:49:50 +0800

Ali, LOVING this project and it has helped me see so clearly all the special moments of everyday life! YOUR SIMON IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! And Chris isn't too bad either! (he's adorable too)

2. Ali

2008-10-05 04:09:24 +0800

Monika - there's no rule on a time line for choosing your album. If you are on a roll with this project than I suggest making a decision and moving forward with the other parts: printing photos, choosing products, etc.

3. Heather

2008-10-05 04:33:30 +0800

Ali, I'm not sure if my question perhaps got lost, but I was wondering if the 12x12 mixed pages from Scrapworks can work in a regular 12x12 3-ring album? I'm really leaning towards setting up the book that way. I know if I try to do layouts it won't get done. Ever. But I like the idea of assorted pics and then journal cards and one or two embellishments.

4. tara

2008-10-05 04:57:56 +0800

LOVE the 'fertility' sign by simons head! LOL! Your guy reminds me a lot of my 8 year old with autism. I keep taking pictures of my food and my 10 year old daughter finally said, 'MOM! why do you take pictures of all your food?! It's really creeping me out!' hahaha!

5. Ali

2008-10-05 04:58:35 +0800

Hey Heather - sorry about that :). When I have tried them in the past they were too long (coming out of the edge of the album - not at the top or bottom but on the side). I would recommend using clear page divided page protectors from another source.
    If someone else has tried recently I would love to know if this is still the case or if they fit into a "regular" 12x12 3-ring.

6. Fonda Darter

2008-10-05 05:08:04 +0800

Congrats on the little one on the way! I love all your photos, they are so clear and sharp. I've been playing along with the "week in the life" and loving it. Today I was driving to town for shopping at LSS and had to stop and write some things down. Besides what we SEE everyday I thought why not write down what we Hear, Smell, Taste and Feel (Touch). I'm not sure what brought it on, just the nice Fall day and that I could "notice" all these things at once! Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

7. sarah

2008-10-05 06:48:09 +0800

A GIRL!!! :) congrats on that news.
    and thanks for this weeks journey it has
    been a lot of fun, especially having my kids so involved with the process of this assignment - now its an eceryday occurance when one of them makes a statement - like "are you going to write that down" lol.. LOVE IT -
    thanks....

8. Suzie

2008-10-05 07:09:28 +0800

Love the picture of Simon and the bagel and the fertility sign in the background. Makes me laugh a little, because you had to be fertile to have him and his sister (lol). I see so many resemblances of Simon and Chris. It's so fun watching him grow up and experience sooo much now. You're looking just adorable. My sister is going to have her baby girl in January also (not sure if she's going to OHSU again though).

9. o

2008-10-05 08:10:39 +0800

Great photos, Ali. The composition of all your photos are so simple yet so interesting & telling. I like those kind of photos. I strive to do that in my own photography. In this new batch of photos, if I may say, Simon looks so much like Chris. :) Sometimes I see you in Simon's face when I see pictures of him but these newest ones I definitely see Chris. Hope you're having a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to putting all of this 'week in a life' stuff together. :)

10. Judith

2008-10-05 08:44:32 +0800

hi ali, i just love this project!! Finished my week and put some of my favorite pictures on my blog. Now I am thinking about the size of my album :) Have a nice sunday!! love from Holland, Judith

11. Kylie

2008-10-05 09:36:28 +0800

Hi Ali,
    I had so much fun this week taking photos and documenting our week (Its Sunday here in NZ- so the weeks finished). But I have a quick question...
    On Friday night I was admitted to hospital due to complications with me and the pregnancy, I spent 24 hours in hospital. The 24 hours were pretty much a blur, and obviously I took no photos. Anyhow, My question being - how would you suggest I document in the scrapbook those 24 hours (Friday night and the whole of Saturday.) ? I still want to scrap the week, because no week is normal (esspecially this one!) and I thought about a photo of the hospital, but the hospital I stayed at was over an hour away, so thats not realistic. Any suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated.
    Thank you for sharing your week and personal life with all of us.
    Kylie :)

12. Sam

2008-10-05 10:34:40 +0800

Hi,
    I just wanted to say I have enjoyed sharing a week in your life, and I have just started the project myself (Friday). I'm not sure if I'll manage to do the scrapbook anytime soon, but at least I'll have a blog record of my week to look back on.
    Thanks for sharing the project.

13. Lisa Dickinson

2008-10-05 15:48:56 +0800

I kinda caught your blog it the middle of your documentation - but it is really inspiring (like everything you do!) Thanks for the reminder that these little details of daily life deserve scrapbook time, too! :)

14. Catherine at Design Editor

2008-10-05 15:55:39 +0800

That last shot is beyond cute. I'm trying to get in on the action slowly but surely!

15. Shelly Kettell

2008-10-05 16:22:55 +0800

Just like his sister!!!! The name game begins! You look GREAT and cute and happy.
    Thanks for sharing...what a good week!

16. Rinda

2008-10-05 16:54:28 +0800

I'm sure you had already mentioned you were having a girl. . . quite a while ago, right?
    Rinda

17. Heather

2008-10-05 17:05:52 +0800

Ali, thanks for the answer on the protectors. Hmmmm, is there another source that you'd recommend? Is that a Baybox album that you used in your "week in the life" album in Life Artist? It looks like a book without the "box" effect....

18. Ali

2008-10-05 17:16:51 +0800

Heather - I did use the Baybox album in Life Artist (the first two years of the class used that format). When they shot the pages they took them out of the box album. Here's a link to some other page protectors: /2008/02/divided-page-pr.html

19. kristin

2008-10-05 20:20:16 +0800

i'm totally loving the photos you are taking. i personally smiled when i saw the photo with simon and his bagel, and the sign in the back says *fertility*
    nice.

20. tomzgrrl

2008-10-05 23:14:40 +0800

I've been reading and lurking a lot lately -- and I just wanted to finally post congratulations on your pregnancy. I took a class from you in Ohio a few years back, when you weren't sure if you'd have another child or not -- and I remember thinking even then, "she's doing such a great job with Simon and she's got so much to offer -- she'd make a great mother to yet another". Sending you prayers and best wishes and a little happy smile for the girl you are carrying. You're an awesome mother, an inspiring artist, one half of a heckuva team with Chris -- how awesome to broaden the circle of your family a bit more!

21. Maureen

2008-10-06 00:12:44 +0800

Ali, I've only been reading your blog for about 6 months, but oh..the changes in Simon. I remember seeing photos of my sons and getting that glimpse of what they would look like as men. That's what it seemed like with his photos, long legs and all.
    I've so enjoyed this project and shared the idea both on my blog and with my Artist Way group. We are on Vein of Gold and doing the autobio section. It all seems to fit, doesn't it?

22. Nik

2008-10-06 01:46:43 +0800

Ali...congrats on the little girl... Am loving your week in the life of photos... what a wonderful idea!!!

23. heyjenrenee

2008-10-06 02:27:14 +0800

these photos are unbelievably gorgeous - you really capture some priceless expressions on your son's face... so very inspiring, to catch the little daily things

24. Marcie Reckinger

2008-10-06 04:11:39 +0800

Woohoo it's a girl! Congrats!

25. Diane

2008-10-08 22:51:23 +0800

I'm so far behind on reading blogs but am catching up on yours today. Read the "his sister" remark and was just so happy! Congrats! Hope all is going well. And like I've said in the past, your blog is AWESOME. I don't know how you do all that you do but you are AMAZING. :-)