Week in the Life : Sunday Photos + Words

week in the life : marbles by you.

week in the life : my closet by you.

week in the life : chris' closet by you.

week in the life : hello sunday by you.

week in the life : a bit of work by you.

week in the life : marbles all day by you.

week in the life : more marble maze by you.

week in the life : hot chocolate again by you.

week in the life : pumpkin muffins before by you.

week in the life : pumpkin muffins after by you.

week in the life : simon growth by you.

10.05.08 Sunday
- Simon up at 6:30am. I was up at 7:30am. He put on his own sweats, socks, and long-sleeved t-shirt. Watching Higgly Town Heros on Chris’ computer.
- Make coffee.
- Getting excited about putting this album together.
- Check email. Watch Meet The Press. Check out the paper.
- Talk to Chris on the phone.
- BLT for breakfast. Simon had apples + bacon.
- Listen to Dave Matthews and work on CK column.
- I love that I can google something like “song from Flash of Genius trailer” and find out in two seconds that it is “Where are you Going?” from Dave Matthews.
- Simon is calling me “Tarzan Who Doesn’t Say Too Much” today. And calling himself “Tarzan Who Is Very Strong.”
- Leftover pasta for lunch.
- Hot chocolate for dessert.
- Look through baby clothes and start sorting by size.
- Work on CK column again.
- Make pumpkin muffins.
- Fold laundry.
- Measured Simon on the wall. He’s two inches taller than May of this year.
- Leftover chicken noodle soup for dinner.
- Watch 60 Minutes.
- Work on column a bit more.
- Simon and I to bed to read.

Dottedline

I am hoping to work on my album today to be able to show you a completed spread by tomorrow morning. One thing I would love to do is have people upload their completed projects to the Flickr group as you complete them.

Also, feel free to email me images (completed pages only please) as I would like to show some of them here on my blog as well for variations on the creative process.

Thanks for all the kind words throughout the comments from this past week. I am so glad to read so many people enjoying the process and just going with it! Have a great Monday!

Dottedline

A complete list of posts related to the week in the life project can be found here.

1. Susan

2008-10-07 00:00:09 +1030

thanks so much for hosting this and holding our hands through the entire process. It felt really odd at the beginning of last week, taking pictures of everyday moments that I would have never thought to capture before this. By the end of the week, it felt perfectly natural, and today Im also feeling a little lost without my camera.
    Im excited to move to the next phase of the project, but I already know its changed the way I think about capturing our life. I know I'll look at those everyday moments differently from now on...so thank you!

2. ali.a.

2008-10-07 00:06:23 +1030

Thank you for allowing us a little peek into your life! I so looked forward to your pictures everyday and they inspired me to remember to take all kinds of pictures... I discovered that the small things, like toys and cups of cocoa are what makes up our daily life and makes it meaningful!!

3. cindy wieme

2008-10-07 00:17:41 +1030

Hi...I just love doing this project.
    Thank You very much!
    Cindy

4. Candi

2008-10-07 00:25:49 +1030

Simon must be a Backyardigans fan?? My kids are Tarzans a lot!
    Thanks for the fun week, can't wait to see your finished pages and get started on my own!

5. Elizabeth

2008-10-07 00:43:17 +1030

Thank You so very much Ali. I sincerely mean this. I had tons of fun taking photos all week. It was a really eye opener, especially going through them and to see all that I took, I love all the pics. I miss my camera today too! This is a great idea, and I can't wait to develop them and get started. You are a true inspiration and a "Gem" for letting us into your home and life.

6. Lisa

2008-10-07 01:31:28 +1030

I can't BELIEVE I got through the whole week! I just took photos whenever I could and wrote a sentence here and there. It happened to be my daughter's birthday on Sunday, so it was a great week to document! Yippee!

7. Bethany

2008-10-07 02:19:05 +1030

I've loved doing this project. The week was actually very "atypical" because of a home emergency, but I'm really glad to have documented this challenging time in our lives. I don't know how much of it I would have captured otherwise...
    Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. And I'm also wondering--would you share the pumpkin muffin recipe? They look amazing! (And one more request on top of all those above can't hurt.) :)

8. Teresa

2008-10-07 02:25:48 +1030

Hi Ali,
    I really love the idea of an album for 1 week. I just started school and I am sooo busy. I started to work on taking pictures and journaling, but I realized today that I completely forgot to work on the album for about 4 days (no fotos, no journaling). Do you think a page without fotos would work, too?
    Love your daily pics.

9. Ali

2008-10-07 02:28:22 +1030

Hey guys - that pumpkin recipe can be found here (I find a lot at allrecipes.com): http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Muffins-II/Detail.aspx

10. carolkola

2008-10-07 02:56:42 +1030

Hi Ali,
    The divided page protectors seem so hard to find. I called Scrapworks corporate office today, and if I heard them correctly they said they have discontinued the Anthologie line and the page protectors. I am so bummed!

11. emilie

2008-10-07 03:23:47 +1030

i want to say THANK YOU. you motivate me to get off my pregnant bum and do this... tomorrow is my last day to collect all info and i am so excited. i do have one question, i am ALMOST 34 wks prego, i want to be in my pix but i'm huge... and... i feel unpleasing to the eye... should i include myself? just wondering... thank you for the inspiration

12. jennyg

2008-10-07 03:44:24 +1030

Divided Baseball Card page protectors: I found them at my local Office Depot and they were the Office Depot brand. Hope this helps.

13. Helen

2008-10-07 03:59:06 +1030

Gotta try Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin muffins, HIGHLY recommended...
    SECONDLY,HOT MAMA! Hope you feel as good as you look. You must be wearing your regular jeans.

14. AnneS.

2008-10-07 04:11:51 +1030

Thanks for helping us through the week with all your photos and inspiration! I just finished looking at all my pictures. I deleted a few blurry ones but am ready to print them and get started on the album. This will probably be the hardest part for me so I decided to go with a "recipe" of sorts. Maybe it will help others who are stuck on this part. My album recipe is from a Simple Scrapbooks special issue called, "Album Shortcuts." Each two page spread has a collage of photos and a journaling block which I thought would be perfect for each day. The pictures are different sizes and fit together for an 8 x 8 album. I haven't done tons of albums so I thought this would give me a good starting place. I didn't want to bogged down on the layouts---I wanted to make sure I could actually finish this since I had such a great time documenting our week!

15. julie

2008-10-07 04:22:27 +1030

could you give us the recipe for those yummy looking pumpkin muffins?? my son LOVES pumpkin anything. ;)

16. Catherine at Design Editor

2008-10-07 04:30:33 +1030

Look at you with the wooden hangers! =)

17. gloriaRose

2008-10-07 05:58:29 +1030

Could I please get your pumpkin muffin recipe?
    They look so yummy.
    I want one.
    Thanks,
    ~G

18. Alli

2008-10-07 06:42:36 +1030

you picked a hectic week for me so I have decided to let it span over the two weeks of school holidays and just accept that I am missing days of photos.
    I'm gathering though, sorting out a format and size I want

19. Sharon

2008-10-07 06:57:16 +1030

Ahhh marble tracks, we have many pictures of the cool things that can be built with marble tracks around our house too! Thanks for sharing:-)

20. Gianna

2008-10-07 08:14:10 +1030

I have really enjoyed this past week and reading your blog and your journey. I will definitely be doing this now that have have completed it.
    I would love for you to post your recipe for the pumkin muffins. They look delicious.

21. missteee

2008-10-07 10:28:09 +1030

Hi! I'm so inspired by your "week in the life" project! I'm definitely going to do this some time soon! Love it! Have a super day! :)

22. sharyn

2008-10-07 14:47:24 +1030

Hi Ali! Love all the images you've been sharing; they were a true inspiration as I joined you on this creative journey. I finished taking pictures for the week and am now gathering supplies; I really love your idea to use baseball card holders! Thanks for all the inspiration, Ali!
    Oh, and any chance you'd be willing to share the pumpkin muffin recipe with us?? Please :) They look yummy!!

23. April

2008-10-08 01:35:33 +1030

Hi Ali~
    Quick Q... Did you literally just cut and paste your lists that you were posting on your blog? Little to no adding or editing? Just curious about how you completed that part of the project.
    Thanks
    April

24. Anna-Marie Still

2008-10-08 02:38:13 +1030

*Sigh* I so wanted to join this journey with you. Life is just at warp speed right now - loved living vicariously through your process when I could sneek over to your blog and check in at how your week was going. Hoping to slow down a bit in November to take note of the little day to day moments. I'll have to try the Pumpkin Muffin recipe - I just posted about Pumkin muffins on my blg today - maybe this recipe could prove me wrong!

25. Coleen

2008-10-12 20:03:17 +1030

I have enjoyed seeing the days of your week in pictures and I'm planning to try it myself, maybe this week.