Week In The Life : Wednesday Photos + Words

2906617930_c069c2e4b4

week in the life : good morning lily by you.

week in the life : reality by you.

week in the life : coffee with chris by you.

week in the life : coffee with chris by you.

week in the life : doctor's appointment by you.

week in the life : headlines by you.

week in the life : lunch by you.

week in the life : high-five by you.

week in the life : after-school play by you.

week in the life : wednesday homework by you.

week in the life : wednesday night swimming by you.

10.01.08

- Simon was up before the alarm today. When I got up I found him on the
couch cuddled up under a blanket where he had gone back to sleep after
not being able to locate the Darth Vader mask.

- Bagel. OJ. Clothes on. Wait for bus. Off to school.

- Working on financial spreadsheet. Working on establishing a budget.

- Chris checking out Facebook.

- Emails.

- Shower.

- Chris tells me “I like it when you are funny.”

- We head out for coffee and to my OB appointment.
Starbucks: decaf pumpkin spice for me, cinnamon dolce for Chris.

- Wait 45 mins for doctor ☺.

- All good at the appointment. Measuring a bit big which she said was a
good thing. Lots of political banter (love that about her). Will be
going to OHSU for second level II appointment on Friday.

- I love that Chris comes to the appointments with me. I love having a bit of time with him to grab a coffee.

- Planning to cook homemade chicken noodle soup tonight.

- Work on Designer Digitals releases for this weekend.

- Simon home at 1:45pm (every Wednesday). A high five to Chris as he leans out the window from the living room.

- In the house. “Stayed in green.” And into the Darth costume.

- “I am the best Darth in the whole world.” According to Simon.

- On comes Empire Strikes Back.

- Nap time for me on the couch.

- Chris goes to a meeting. I cook dinner (did the homemade chicken noodle soup and it was great). Simon does his homework. Fix Simon’s dinner.

- Chris comes home + we head to the indoor swimming pool. A Wednesday night tradition.

- We leave there with Simon in his PJ’s. Home. Brush teeth. Read book. Prayer.

- Work a bit more.

Dottedline_2

So how's it going? Are you still playing along?

I know it is a challenge to keep going. I find that by this evening I have found my rhythm. I am not capturing everything, but it is enough to tell a pretty complete story about our lives right now. I am not obsessing about the photos or the words or the stuff (I barely have any this time around)...just letting it become a part of my day without overtaking my day.

In the comments section of the last post Dena asked about stuff. So far I have very few things: a couple receipts, a copy of the paper, grocery list, a few things Simon has brought home from school. It's not a big deal if you don't have a ton of stuff - in the end we will just be working with whatever we have collected.

Make sure you are getting yourself in some of your photos. Use your self-timer or have someone in your family take some shots of you. You are a major part of this story.

Hope you are enjoying this journey.

Dottedline

A complete list of posts related to the week in the life project can be found here.

1. noelia

2008-10-02 03:03:36 -0400

I have a question for you. On day 2 of this project I became very sick with a cough/cold and my routine has been different than it normally is. Another thing that happened is that my husband's car broke down and it made for some changes in our regular routine as well. My week so far doesn't look anything like a normal week would. Should that matter? I thought about postponing this project until I'm better so it can reflect our daily lives. Any thoughts on this?

2. Monica

2008-10-02 03:11:26 -0400

I am LOVING this. I had no idea it would be so meaningful. And it's so weird to me that people (mostly family and friends) who've been reading my blog have been loving it too. I've been doing what you have and trying to post about each day.
    I too hope to revisit this project in a few years again.

3. Stacy B

2008-10-02 03:11:50 -0400

It's the first time I've done this. Still hanging in there. I sent the camera to the sitter today to get some pictures of my boy's day.

4. Bree

2008-10-02 03:25:38 -0400

Still going... My kids are getting a bit tired of seeing me take pictures of the closets and the countertops though... :-)
    Your daily posts are keeping me motivated. Thanks!!

5. Erin M

2008-10-02 03:36:41 -0400

Still playing. Making a photo-mosaic and blogging for each day of the week. I've had a lot of people ask why I have my camera with me. Some people don't "get it", but others think it is a great idea.
    Giving my kids the camera as well--that way I might be able to get in a few photos too.

6. Brooke

2008-10-02 03:37:52 -0400

Hi Ali,
    Thank you for all the inspiration! This is such a fun project and I really appreciate the simplicity of it.
    I love looking at your pictures. You have a beautiful family!
    Brooke

7. Jenell

2008-10-02 03:38:18 -0400

I'm still plugging away on this project and loving every minute of it. I have all of my pics uploaded for each day and am taking pictures everywhere - about 60 a day. I have mentioned this to several people at work and they think this is very cool. Still haven't figured out how I'll complete the project - digitally or actually in a scrapbook - that will be the next thing to think about. I'm not stressed at all about it and am including some pics of me, even tho I don't like those. It's making me very aware of my surroundings - I have taken a picture of the sky every day - it's been beautiful. Today I got a great shot as the sun was coming up over a cemetary near my house (while I was driving - don't tell anyone that part). I just stuck my camera out the window while looking ahead and snapped, not knowing what I'd get. No cars and the sun was perfect through the trees. I'm so enjoying this project and reading your blog every day, which I do anyway.
    Thanks for the inspiration, as always.
    Jenell

8. Fran

2008-10-02 03:38:59 -0400

Thanks so much Ali for your inspiration. By carrying my camera around today I caught what I want to call a Day of Firsts! This album will be fun !

9. Heather

2008-10-02 03:41:51 -0400

Sigh. I realized last night that I've taken a ton of pictures and totally neglected to write ANYTHING down. Should I keep going? Help.

10. Gail

2008-10-02 03:42:23 -0400

Really not stressing over anything that does or does not happen. I figure that's part of the experience. Like I had a Dr. appt yesterday and forgot to take any pictures because I was running late. It's life, I journal about it. Also, my daily journaling has slowed down, still haven't done yesterdays, as I was gone most of the day. I really appreciate your attitude, Ali. And it has made this experience so much more fun. :^)

11. Michelle

2008-10-02 03:43:13 -0400

Still going. AND loving all the blogs I am seeing from commenters. Nice to know my blog has company. =) Yesterday I didn't post pics b/c no energy. But "it's OK." *wink* Thanks everyone.

12. Holly S

2008-10-02 03:51:03 -0400

Still documenting my ever so boring life...I find I do the same thing day after day--how can that be made into an album?
    Anyway, wanted to let you know I saw a documentry on discovery health last night about a family who has 6 children with various stages of autism-boy was that an eye-opening show. I wanted to give you the link to check it out.

13. Elisabeth C

2008-10-02 04:12:27 -0400

I'm still going.... and loving it! It's totally made me look at what I do in a totally different light! I can't wait to see the finished project! I love your pictures, they are so "real"! thanks again for doing this Ali!
    -Elisabeth

14. Aia

2008-10-02 04:14:25 -0400

still going, but feeling the desire to go on running low. i am obsessing way too much over which format i'm going to use & haven't taken as many photos as i'd like.
    interested to see how others will be putting their info together.

15. Sara

2008-10-02 04:29:53 -0400

Thanks for the challenge. I am at a point where documenting an entire week would be a huge task. I have a 15 month old and a 2 month old and I cannot believe how quickly my days fly by. SO, i shortened the challenge a bit and did "a day in the life" and will do this for each of my kids and then hopefully one for ME!
    Today, Oct 2, I posted on my blog my first "day in the life" if you'd like to take a look. I also used some digi elements from you and Designer Digitals.
    Thanks for the great inspiration and I always enjoyyour insight!
    Sara

16. stephanie peachey

2008-10-02 04:32:50 -0400

working shifts makes this harder than i imagined!

17. Rachel

2008-10-02 04:48:55 -0400

I've been playing along. A dear friend of mine died on Monday, and when I found out on Tuesday, I wanted to quit. I only took one picture that day. But then the more I thought about it, the more I thought, you know, this is my life right now. For better or worse. And I want to complete this project. The finished result will just be different than what I had in mind. More of a journey through the process of grief this week. But it has given me something to focus on and something to help me stay afloat.
    Thank you, Ali.

18. Denae

2008-10-02 05:10:05 -0400

Ok, so I was so excited before, and starting and it's great. NOW, even MOOOREEE excited because I spent quite a while last night figuring out my lo and format for the album..and it is amazing. I can't wait to end day 7 because I can't wait to compile the album. Thank you SOO much!
    Oh, and I don't have much stuff either...which is ok with me, I love all the pictures and the words more.

19. Vicki

2008-10-02 05:20:29 -0400

My week ends today. I've so enjoyed this. I used the idea to complete a promise to myself to be more consistent in journaling each month. September had been a miserable failure. I've just included my pix each day in my journal - wrote a little and September wasn't so skimpy after all! It was very fun and I plan to do a week again and do a full set of LO's to go with it.

20. abbbey

2008-10-02 07:18:43 -0400

I'm enjoying it. I'm being more aware I think of daily life. I don't have much stuff and don't think I will, but think that I might include some of the big news stories of the week as it is such a big week newswise. Am also surprised that people seem to be interested reading about it on my blog. I'd thought it would be more interesting looking back, but there seems to be some interest in the moment too which is neat.

21. Stephanie Herbert

2008-10-02 09:32:21 -0400

Ali, don't you just love the Starbucks Pumkin Spice Latte? So yummy!

22. Rachelle

2008-10-02 10:33:10 -0400

I was going gung ho on this project when a family tradegy occured. I opted to restart the project next week. I really want this album to be about our orindary lives and I didn't want it sitting on our coffee table with a big horrible day documented in the middle of it. Not only that, but my focus has completely shifted this week anyway. Looking forward to regrouping and starting again on Sunday.

23. Heather H

2008-10-02 16:52:14 -0400

Working on it, but not as much as I'd hoped to. I completely forgot the camera today until this afternoon at soccer practice...where I found the batteries dead. Oh well. I just wanted to comment on the Darth Vader costume. My 6 1/2 year old is going to be Darth for Halloween. He's waited at least 2 years for it. He wears it all the time too. :)

24. Anna Aspnes

2008-10-03 02:31:05 -0400

Bad timing for me Ali as I prep for Paris next week. I have been more inspired to take random every day photos though. May do a page of my week instead of an album. Did do Stacy's challenge though.
    Have a great weekend Ali!

25. Cherie

2008-10-08 15:26:05 -0400

This was so much fun!! I'm getting photos uploaded to my blog & now working on a Scrapblog of my week. Thanks for the ideas!