• This super sweet heart mobile from Pottery Barn kids. This could totally be made on your own using some cute red/pink/white fabric (or use up some of your paper stash). You could cut out your own hearts or use this new scalloped heart punch from Fiskars or the Giga Scalloped Heart Punch from Marvy.
If you don't want to make a circle mobile you could also just string some on ribbon and hang them from the ceiling. I started punching out some hearts last week and am thinking about making some simple hanging hearts that could attach to the light fixture in our dining room for a simple Valentine decoration.
I am also considering doing a fabric one with some scraps I have in my stash if I have time (or making some of the pins that I link to below).
• The Office of the Tooth Fairy (via Oh Happy Day) kits or recording the loss of those precious little teeth. I ordered this and received it in the mail on Friday – it is super sweet with great design. Simon currently still has all his baby teeth so I am keeping this in a safe spot for later use.
• Hula's list : she always has the best ideas.
• Karen Russell's A Year In The Making class kit. Seriously awesome use of slide page protectors.
• Completely love these little Valentine heart pins (and the tutorial on how to put them together) found at The Purl Bee.
Thanks to those of you who recommended I pick up The Pillars of the Earth
again after my 16 Things post. I plowed through all 900+ pages over the last couple of weeks and finished it up yesterday. Definitely a good one.
Chris and I started watching the HBO John Adams series this weekend so I am thinking about reading one of Abagail Adam's biographies next.
And finally, I got started working on a little hybrid-baby book this past week. I am keeping it simple and hope to share some of my ideas on that later this week depending on how things go. The focus is on reflections and creating a space to jot down thougths as we find our way through those first few weeks.