December Daily 2009 : Days Four, Five, & Six

One of my observations this year is that life seems to be just a tad-bit busier than in the past. Adding another little person into the mix makes things more full, more wonderful, and more complicated all in the same instant. It is so, so fun to see her face in this album.

DAY FOUR

04_DD_1

Here's a scan:

04_DD_2
SUPPLIES : AE Handdrawn Holiday Word Art; Prima Glittered Star Vine (I just pulled them off and stapled them to the top of the page protector); Fiskars Scallop Border Punch

Here's what I did on the back:

04_DD_Back

I adhered a sheet from a magazine (I think it was Martha) to the back of the photo. On top of the santas I included a handwritten memory of how when I was a kid during December when we would drive around at night I always looked out the window up in the sky to see if I could see Santa. Even when I knew...

Here's the before shot:

Day4

DAY FIVE

05_DD_1

SUPPLIES :
AE 25 Days of December Overlay; K&Company Gold Embossed Pattern Paper (I found this at Michael's a few months ago); Gold foil from a Jenni Bowlin kit

Day Five pretty much talks about how I worked all day on Saturday and how much I am looking forward to transforming our home for the holidays.

Here's the original:

Day5

DAY SIX

06_DD_2

Chris just came in here and looked at this photo and said, "this is so them."

For the main page I adhered the large photo onto the tabbed kraft page (see the "before" image below) and used a craft knife to trim the excess along the edge. Before printing the enlarged photo I added the word art and cut ups and after printing I added the white line, the #6, and one more word sticker.

The strip of photos on the opposite page was gathered together in Photoshop using Katie's Photobooth Frames

Here's a close-up on the second page:

DD_6_1SUPPLIES Katie Pertiet Photobooth FramesAE Handdrawn Holiday Word Art; Katie Pertiet Christmas Cut-Ups; Old Making Memories Wordfetti Stickers; American Crafts Foam Letter Stickers; Sharpie Poster Paint White Pen (not sure if this is being made any more)

Here's the original:

Day7

How's it going? Did you play catch-up this weekend? Enjoying the process?

Dottedline

This post is part of a series documenting the month of December 2009. You find out more information and view all the completed pages of my album here. Share your work in the Flickr gallery here

1. Michele M.

2009-12-07 19:44:27 +0100

Hi Ali! Love seeing your December Daily come together! Always inspiring!
    Quick question: Where did you get Anna's cure little knit hat?

2. Anya L

2009-12-07 20:11:25 +0100

So inspirational!!! Great pictures, so real and great design! I'm constantly checking your blog!

3. Ali

2009-12-07 21:00:41 +0100

Hi Michele - it's from the Gap :)

4. Ali

2009-12-07 21:01:35 +0100

Hey Kim - I used some clear ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE) and heat embossed a Tim Holtz stamp :).

5. [email protected]

2009-12-07 21:02:22 +0100

Ali, where did you get Anna's adorable hat?
    Thanks, Claudine

6. Brooke

2009-12-07 21:22:09 +0100

I spent today getting caught up with my weekend photos. But I am curious of what you put on the back of day two.

7. jennifer

2009-12-07 21:31:43 +0100

Ali, love how your album is coming. I am journaling each day and about to print photos this week for the first week and add in. Am so excited about how this will look when done. I do have a question about your december overlays (sorry if you are sick of these questions :) I bought them last year and have not been able to get them to work. I have Photoshop Elements 4. I have opened my photo, then opened the overlay I want. When I go to put the overlay over photo it only shows the gray-shaded overlay. My photo goes back to the bottom of the window. When I click on the photo the overlay disappears. Is there a reason I can't get the overlay on top of the photo? It seems to either be one or the other but they will not "merge". Hope you can help. If not I will just print them and journal on them. Love the look of them!
    Keep inspiring me with your great DD album pages!

8. Amy Bailey

2009-12-07 21:39:36 +0100

Love how your album is coming along, Ali. No, I didn't get caught up over the weekend. I thought I would, but it didn't happen. This morning I woke to the most beautiful snow, and instead of taking a photo of it, I waiting, only to see it melt by noon. Darn, I missed it. I guess I'll learn. Hoping to catch up tomorrow. I will try to post on Flicker tomorrow as well. Gotta run and finish my Christmas cards to mail tomorrow.

9. Cindy Holshouser

2009-12-08 00:00:23 +0100

That little Anna sure does turn on the charm for mama's photo shoots. What a little dolly. And what a blessing she is for all of you.

10. Johanna Dietrich

2009-12-08 06:04:33 +0100

I had a similar thought the other day ... thinking my photos were "boring" in comparison to the ones I see on this blog. But then I realized that what makes Ali's photos so appealing to me is that they are new to me - new people, new rooms, new situations. Of course, nothing in my own photos is new to me, as it's my life! So maybe my photos might be just as exciting to look at later, or to pass on to loved ones who are not experiencing this right here, right now with me. That really helped.

11. Loretta Artful Yogi

2009-12-08 07:05:15 +0100

I keep relooking at that cute pic of Anna in the hat. What a great pic. The cute little reindeer book in hand. And the priceless pic of the two kids. Wow.
    Thanks so much for sharing.

12. sharon m

2009-12-08 07:27:00 +0100

I just have to say that you have the most precious children. Your daughter is a mini-you ... and the cutest little thing!! Have the happiest of holidays!

13. Sarah

2009-12-08 07:52:20 +0100

There are no photos in my album yet, but I've got post-it notes in place to remind me what we did that day and what photo I want to go there. Its a great start for me. Also I liked how you didn't include a photo on the 5th. Sometimes the camera just isn't available or we are too busy to capture it all. Thanks for sharing with us.

14. Becky P.

2009-12-08 10:52:28 +0100

I got caught up yesterday--yeah!
    I love your idea of using magazine pages on the back...I've got that issue of Martha Stewart Living and it has some beautiful pictures. Thanks for the idea!

15. Angie

2009-12-08 11:48:11 +0100

Hi Ali,
    THANK YOU so much for the inspiration for a December daily album! Take a look:
    www.applevalleygirl.blogspot.com
    I am so happy that I am actually doing it!!

16. chris

2009-12-08 13:04:18 +0100

hi ali. i just had to tell you how freakin' cute anna is...i LOVE, LOVE this picture of her!! the boys are going to beating down your door!!
    i am working on my DD everyday!! i did one last year too and could not wait to do another one! thanks for your daily dose of inspiration....

17. julie macneil

2009-12-08 16:10:38 +0100

oh, Monika thank you so much for the kind words, life passes so very quickly! you are very blessed to have younger children still at home! enjoy everyday!!! and it's merry Christmas for me! :) have a great Christmas!!

18. Carrie

2009-12-08 19:32:37 +0100

Ali, AWESOME pictures of your kids! I love the one of Anna reading the book! :)

19. [email protected]

2009-12-08 20:04:04 +0100

I love your album. This is my first year to try it & I'm hooked! I am caught up despite huge computer issues.
    Marsha

20. Diana

2009-12-08 21:44:58 +0100

Ali:
    In response to your stocking stuffers, our family has always had a unique stocking stuffer. My brother and I would get little liquor bottles in our stocking and we have a huge collection.
    This little tradition started when we lived in New York State and we would be rewarded for being good in the liquor store -- we could pick a little liquor bottle for our collection. As time went on, my mother would find some really unique bottles (friends would purchase bottles all over the world) and we would receive them in our stocking.
    Each of us has over 600 bottles in our collection today.

21. Sticker Printing

2009-12-10 09:51:21 +0100

U R THE GREAT DESGINER...COOL

22. mlledidi

2009-12-11 08:44:46 +0100

Superb!!! The next year, a december daily is well envisaged in my scrap program;)

23. [email protected]

2009-12-11 12:53:12 +0100

Would you mind sharing where you found Anna's adorable knit beanie earflap hat? We just made a big move from Atlanta to Iowa (just in time for frigid temps and lots of snow!). Thought a photo of 3 little ones in this kind of hat would be a GREAT Christmas photo op and on a practical note.... a great way to keep their ears warm! Thanks
    Joy

24. Katie

2009-12-13 14:07:13 +0100

Sharpie still makes that marker.. http://tinyurl.com/y9okcfy
    I so wish I would have started one of these this year.. Maybe next year.... :/

25. Brooke

2009-12-15 15:14:57 +0100

Lana and Kathleen
    Thanks very much for your replies. I'll be doing a bit more research as to what will work better for me in the future. If I end up printing at home, it might have to be next year's Christmas present.
    Kathleen - Thanks for sharing the print vs processed info. Never knew there was a difference!