Paper Supplies: acrylic cover and binding by Zutter and Bazzil cardstock. Digital supplies: free template download for cover, Everyday Hand Drawn Brushes (capture the moment – altered to moment) by Ali, font by Fontologie.
Have you ever stopped to think about the moments that have had a huge impact on your life? What about those moments that might seem insignificant to those that were around you at the time, but really changed how you think, feel, or act…maybe even changed your course in life? It was thinking about those kinds of moments that evolved into this album.
For me, a lot of those life-changing moments happened when I heard something said. It might be something I said, it could have been something that was said to me by a friend or perfect stranger. It could have even been something from pop-culture. I want to share with you the process I went through in identifying these moments and then creating this album about them. At the end of this post, you can download a tool-box to help you create an album of your own!
- Think about the quotes that you often say: maybe you only repeat them to yourself, maybe you repeat them to others.
- What experiences do you think about or remind yourself of often?
- Can you think of some moments that changed your life, but people around you wouldn't have known what was going on?
You can download a printable pdf in the links below that will help you expand on all of these ideas.
Let me share some examples from my album to help get your creativity flowing:
This is the story of a moment that really changed my life, but I know that nobody around me knew how big of an impact it had on me. Here’s the story, hidden by the photo:
This is an example of something a complete stranger said to me that I think of often. It was only took a moment for him to say this to me and I know he had no idea of the lifelong impact it would have on me:
Here’s the rest of the story hidden behind the photo:
Here’s a moment that really had a huge impact on me, something a friend said to me a few years ago. It really changed my thinking and continues to change me today:
The last moment I want to share is one that happened not too long ago. I think of it a lot as I try to incorporate it into my life more fully:
If you would like to create an album along these lines, you can download some tools to help get you started here. In your download for this album, you will find:
- A layered Photoshop template to create the album cover. If you aren’t sure how to use a layered template, please see Ali’s tutorial.
- A png file of the bracket shape for the title of the album that you can use in Word, PowerPoint, or Photoshop (there is a layered psd file for Photoshop users included as well). Just add your own text, position the text inside the bracket shape, print, and cut.
- Printable pdf with a photo and matte cutting templates for paper or hybrid scrappers as well as a layered psd file for digital scrappers.
- Text boxes and paths in psd form to use in Photoshop.
Have fun looking for and documenting those hidden life-changing moments! If you create something, we would love to see it in our Flickr group with the tag "Moment".
ABOUT STEPH : Steph is owner of The Daily Digi and has been scrapbooking most of her life. She learned all about archival scrapbooking in 1994 and became a hybrid scrapper at that time, although it wasn't called hybrid back then, it was just scrapbooking. Since she had always used her computer in scrapbooking, she naturally started using it more and more. In 2003 she started creating scrapbook pages exclusively on her computer and has been doing so since. She still likes to create hybrid projects and albums every once in a while, but most importantly loves preserving her family's memories no matter the method!