2E Hybrid Scrapbook Layout & Designer Digitals Quarterly Sale

One of my favorite recent photos of the two kids is this one.

One of my favorite new products I created for Designer Digitals is the strip along the middle with the ruler + numbers called a Story Strip.

A product I've been meaning to play with are these cool Handmade Adhesive Photo Frames from K&Company.

Here's a look at how I brought the three of them together to tell a story:

The Story Strip is a new release this week and is one of those products that lends itself really well to hybrid scrapbooking. I did a test print of this one on both a sheet of white cardstock and a sheet of photo paper. My preference when printed is for the photo paper (which is what you see on my layout). For this page I opened the .png file, resized the element to 7.5 inches (same width as my photo) and hit print. It's adhered onto the page using foam squares.

A favorite go-to design for me is one where I get all my content on an 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock and then adhere it to a background 12x12. It's another way to use up some of those pretty sheets of 12x12 pattern paper and limit your content to a specific area. After all the elements were in place I adhered it down onto the background pattern paper.

For the inside of each of the white adhesive photo frame squares I chose a little something that went with the color scheme (white, yellow, cream, and black). Little pieces of paper paired with a large black number 2, a black star transparency, and a small yellow label were all adhered under the photo strip.

After I got all the elements in place under the frame I decided to take inspiration from the pattern paper and use some embroidery thread to add texture and a couple more little hits of yellow.

A close up of my handwritten journaling.

THE STORY | Yes indeed, life is tremendously good. It's also full of challenges and ups and downs and sadness. One of my hopes is that the two of you will continue to give each other hugs through it all. Hug in the good times and in the tough times. Maybe even hug when don't really feel like hugging the other one. There's a special bond between the two of you. Celebrate and cherish that connection. It's a very special thing.

SUPPLIES
Ali Edwards Story Strips: Designer Digitals
K&Company Handmade Adhesive Photo Frames: Scrapbook.com | Two Peas
American Crafts Dear Lizzy Charming Collin Pattern Paper: Scrapbook.com | Two Peas
Sassafras Tailored Sweetly Mix & Mend Pattern Paper: Two Peas
Teresa Collins Star Transparency: Scrapbook.com
Basic Grey Origins Micro Mono Letter Stickers
K&Company Handmade Fabric Swatches: Two Peas
Bazzil White Cardstock: Scrapbook.com | Two Peas
3L Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares: Scrapbook.com
Yellow Embroidery Floss, Large Metal 2

It's Quarterly sale time at Designer Digitals. All products are 30% off through early Tuesday morning. Here's a few of my newest products just uploaded to the store:

Story Strips

Kids Are Cool Brushes & Stamps

Little Bit Of Messy Photos

The Story Title Brushes & Stamps Vol. 2

Above is a photo printed on photo paper here at home with one of the Story Titles Vol2 added along the top. These would be great for 365 Photo projects or Project Life.

Quarterly sales are also a great time to stock up on Week In The Life, December Daily and hybrid-holiday items. Click here to check out my Week In The Life products. Click here to take a look at my products having to do with December and the holidays. NOTE: I'll be coming out with a new template set in October or November that will be great for digital or hybrid albums.

There's a full day of chats on Saturday happening at Designer Digitals with feebies in the chat room every hour. I'll be there hosting a words + photos chat at 4pm Pacific. Pop in and say hi if you get a chance.

1. Jeni

2010-09-11 07:28:22 +0200

I JUST bought a few of your products over at Designer Digitals. I think I need to go back and get The Story Titles. Love the layout. PS - One of your pictures (the last one) doesn't show up.

2. Marie Tere

2010-09-11 07:43:46 +0200

Very nice. Quick question Ali, do you then put your layout in a plastic sleeve in a scrapbook?
    p.s.s. I don't see the last pic either, it shows up as a ?

3. Clouds

2010-09-11 07:52:37 +0200

amazing layout of your two kiddies, real cute! Really like yer digital elements!

C :D

4. dawn

2010-09-11 13:21:41 +0200

I love this sweet picture and the journaling is so perfect, I tell my kids that sometimes too. We are big huggers in this family. Thank you for showing the process it really helps. The photo frame is a cool idea think I have one in black will have to check. I love love the number strips the best. Looks great!!

Questions....do I have to have photoshop to buy these now or can I buy and save them somehow on my computer? Not sure how all that works.

You do so many layouts/inspiring posts daily do you have a schedule you use everyweek of what your going to do or do you wake up and just go with the flow?
    My kids have been in school 3 weeks and I'm cleaning, errands, babysitting, walking but can't seem to find time to scrap and I have along list of pages to do? What's your secret???

5. Jen

2010-09-11 13:59:56 +0200

Loved the above layout so much so that I went to DD and purchased the Story Strips. FYI, the green ruler/favorite memory strip does not download as a png file, just a jpg. Emailed DD, and sure they will fix.

Thanks for all the inspiration.

6. Gale

2010-09-11 14:15:10 +0200

Thanks for the "step-by-step" on how you put together your layout. It is so helpful & interesting!

7. christen

2010-09-11 14:15:12 +0200

great layout!

8. Sylvia

2010-09-11 15:10:08 +0200

Wonderful photo and awesome layout!!! Thanks so much for the great how-to, love it!!!

9. LetyD

2010-09-11 15:40:46 +0200

BEAUTIFUL!!

10. Susie Leggett

2010-09-11 16:02:08 +0200

Love this layout and your new story strips. I snatched them up, along with several of your other goodies, at DD last night. Can't wait to use them. Have a great weekend.

11. Rita Timmons

2010-09-11 16:20:41 +0200

thanks for the step by step instructions... i love this layout and learning how to pit the little bits and pieces together for that special touch. Thanks for sharing!

12. cat123

2010-09-11 16:28:19 +0200

wonderful layout !! love it. I have just bought this news products !!Can’t wait to use them !!!!

13. Julie

2010-09-11 17:13:04 +0200

I love those strips--I noticed them at DD yesterday and picking them up today for sure!! Thanks Ali.

14. Jenni Hufford

2010-09-11 17:13:05 +0200

i adore this layout ali- everything about it. the design, colors, texture... but most of all the story. something your children will truly treasure.

15. Jennifer Wilson

2010-09-11 17:42:56 +0200

I am so loving the renewed focus on behind-the-scenes looks into your scrapbooking process. Looking forward to more!

16. jamie

2010-09-11 19:19:14 +0200

i just gotta say i love your digital elements...esp anything with words...i may just NEED all of these. thanks for the inspiration as well as the tools for great life art.

17. Jenink

2010-09-11 23:32:45 +0200

Beautiful! What a great way to combine the letter size and 12 inch paper. Your style is always inspirational Ali.

18. dawn

2010-09-12 01:05:54 +0200

I went to dd and loved so many things and actually ordered a few to try, thanks for the help. Just realized we are out of color ink so will have to wait to use.

19. Lori

2010-09-12 05:03:22 +0200

Since you've been planning/possibly shopping for your Daily December - have you decided on which album you are going to use? I have been shopping online for scrapbook products and just thought I would ask if you had a favorite before I finish my order :) Can't wait to use my digital products you just released that I bought yesterday!

20. sharon d

2010-09-12 14:35:07 +0200

Love your layout, can't wait to try it. I've ordered a bunch of your downloads & they always make the layout special. I just love the style of your layouts. Thanks for the inspiration as well as the products that add a special touch to our layouts!!

21. Melissa Mann

2010-09-12 16:53:22 +0200

Love these new digi products!

22. sanna-miina palmer

2010-09-12 19:12:51 +0200

awesome giveaway! love the kids are cool set!

23. ale

2010-09-13 17:32:19 +0200

awww... this is so sweet!!!
    love your digital products!

24. Robyn Cummings

2010-09-13 23:08:28 +0200

My puppy and I love your designs.. I do more pages and he gets his picture taken more and more...

25. Tracy

2010-09-20 00:46:18 +0200

Hi Ali. I love your layout information! It is fantastic to see all of the supplies you used. Since I am a new photo junkie, and the photo above is so fantastic, it would be great to know the camera/lens you used in your 'supply list'. Just a thought. You take such amazing photographs and I learn so much from you through your view, but camera info would be fantabulous! :) You could just add it in at the end. You have a gift....share it!