December Daily 2010 | Digital Layered Templates & Overlays

For those of you who are planning to do all digital December Daily projects, I've created two new products to help you document your season. The new products include a set of 12 layered templates and a set of 12x12 31 days overlays. Click the sample layout above to view larger.

Here's a look at the package of 12 layered templates (these all come in one package - I made three preview images so you could see all 12 of the layered templates):

Here's the 12x12 31 Days Overlays which include a bonus set of 4 layered templates that co-ordinate with the layered templates shown above:

These overlays do not include specific days of the week (like the 2010 6x8 overlays I'm using in my hybrid album). They could be used in a variety of different projects documenting days or birthdays or anything that includes a number.

Here's a closer look at those products in action starting with the left side of the spread (click image to view larger):

and the right side:

If I were doing this project all digitally I'd aim for a simple approach using templates plus a combination of the products I used above (and listed below). Word and phrase stickers are still one of my favorite products in paper or used on the computer. I just found the Katie Pertiet Text Clusters Brushes & Stamps No. 1 and they are so cool. And white cardstock, always white cardstock.

There's a great post over at Designer Digitals in the General Digital Talk forum right now that addresses getting templates ready in advance for December Daily. If you'd like to learn more about prepping digital files in advance and see some samples check it out here.

DIGITAL SUPPLIES
Ali Edwards December Daily Template Package Vol. 3
Ali Edwards 31 Days Overlays 12x12
Ali Edwards 2010 Alphabet Tabs
Anna Aspnes Straight Line Stitched No. 1
Katie Pertiet Cut Ups Christmas
Katie Pertiet Word Strip Labels No. 2
Katie Pertiet Kraft Cut-Ups Holiday
Katie Pertiet Text Clusters Brushes & Stamps No. 1
Katie Pertiet Letter Box Holiday Corners
Michelle Martin Michaela Solids Cardstock

If you are interested in learning more about digital scrapbooking check out my series of posts on Getting Started With Digital Scrapbooking which includes free downloads and video tutorials.

More information on the December Daily project can be found here.

1. Alida

2010-10-19 07:03:35 -0400

I know this is a crazy dream. That you would also do a digital DD to inspire us who will be going the digital route. Perhaps just a few pages????? But I have done 3 years' of DD's and understand how it just won't be reasonable to expect.

2. Monika Wright

2010-10-19 08:01:33 -0400

I'm totally doing it hybrid this year and am going to print off the 6x8 pages from your template today Ali. I think I might miss playing with paper, so I am going to do some fun stuff with the back of the page to quench my thirst for doing some fun new things I've been thinking of.

I don't have enough transparencies, but Valerie Mangan { http://paperandcookies.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-works.html }suggested on one of her blog posts to print on vellum and I'm going to try that!

3. Mrs. b

2010-10-19 09:06:22 -0400

Lovely templates, Ali! And very inspiring layouts you have made, they are lovely!
    Last week I was really thinking not to think about Christmas already, but then after seeing your DD startup (and also after a visit to Ikea where the Christmas stuff was already out) I find myself getting slightly more setup to the fact that it is only about two months away :-)

If I hadn't already set up my mind on going to try the hybdrid variant of DD I would certainly have done it the "all-digital" way in a photobook using these templates.

I am considering a purchase of a photoprinter (or more correct, this would probably be a christmas present for me :-) to be able to print photos at home, and tried to read a bit about how you use your printer. I understood you don't use it for 12x12 digital LOs and instead develop these at a store, and more use your printer for printing out smaller photos and e.g. journaling parts of LOs? I am curious if you use the possibility of the wider printouts (size A3) on your printer a lot or if you mainly use a smaller (A4) size?
    Thanks!
    Mrs. b

4. Heather Johnson

2010-10-19 11:46:44 -0400

Love your work Ali, as usual! Just read through the comments, and wanted to chime in to those reading that if you are considering digital--DO IT! While I love the look of papers, and the feel, and all that great stuff...I found myself buying more and more supplies and lacking the time and space to actually create pages. Once I found designerdigitals.com and jessicasprague.com, and learned the how-to as well as where to find super products--I was hooked, and I actually completed ALBUMS and not just PAGES. I printed everything up through shutterfly last year and it's still a book my daughter and I look at together every week. I am SO excited for December! Thanks again for such a wonderful and inspiring idea.

5. Renee

2010-10-19 12:08:24 -0400

Great stuff Ali. I have already prepared a group of templates, etc. to use for this year's December Daily; however those new products look awfully tempting. I may be purchasing them anyway! I have completed the last two years digitally as it works better for our lives. I do scan in some paper things to get them as part of our pages. Thanks for working on this early this year. I feel quite a relief having it put together already. I may to a mini-daily set up for Thanksgiving when we have friends and family to visit. Take care.

6. Angie Allen

2010-10-19 12:17:43 -0400

Oh, I love these! I have set up my foundation already, but these templates look versatile enough to use for other purposes.

7. Linda

2010-10-19 12:26:09 -0400

One page...that's my goal...just one page... Not being a computer savvy individual... I will be thrilled if I figure out the nuts and bolts in order to produce one digital page. And HEY...if I can't do it.... I can always include a page of my pulling my hair out and the kids giggling uproarously at my mutterings.

8. livelybrowsers

2010-10-19 12:43:48 -0400

Thanks for good stuff

9. Amy Isler Gibson

2010-10-19 13:30:39 -0400

Ali, I really want to connect with you. The Vimeo doesn't work for me it won't open. Wanted to take "the tour." Yes I am registered properly with Vimeo.

Plus, I want to get in on what you are doing, but am basic beginner with no money. I am, however, having some success with my artwork. Two photography shows coming up, one at new Jazz Station digs in their new space from lord leebrick, month of January. David Minor Theater month of Feb. Cool Air Society join xmas bazaar (for me, photography + jewelry) sometime in November. If I can start earning from art, I can begin to expand, starting with some of your stuff. But at this time no work, no money, can't use household money. Am also re-opening my private psychotherapy practice soon (Dec.) which is my "day job" (I do love it, have been away for a while to write a book, now finished and self-published.) Work with general population but hope eventually to work mainly with returning veterans. Contact me? [email protected] Best to you and the fam! Amy Isler Gibson

10. Gina Crowley

2010-10-19 13:56:42 -0400

OH, I am so getting these. I am doing another 8x8 (I just like that size so much) and loved my hybrid pages last year. Thanks for doing these...

11. sharongrey8

2010-10-19 15:54:57 -0400

I LOVE these overlays. I bought them this morning and used them to make a 2 page layout of pictures from our trip to the county fair last night. Now I am psyched to try making my December Daily pages (in digi form) ahead of time. Thanks, Ali!

12. Siv

2010-10-19 16:19:31 -0400

Hi Ali!

I just started using your templates, and they are completely awesome! It's amazing how easy they are to use, even for a hybrid newbie like me. I just have one wish - these gorgeous December Daily templates as 8,5*11... I love my home printer, but it is only standard size. But I will probably get these 12*12 and shrink them to 8*8 too :)

Siv

13. Siv

2010-10-19 16:30:49 -0400

And maybe those overlays too...:)

14. Lynn

2010-10-19 17:14:38 -0400

Any advice on converting these digital templates to 8X8... would we have to take them apart piece by piece and resize each layer?

15. Jackie Bremer

2010-10-19 20:51:44 -0400

Fun reading all the comments. I am going with the hybrid and am excited to get started. Collecting my materials but am committed to completing my current project before getting started.

16. Susan Roh

2010-10-19 22:27:28 -0400

Lovely templates Ali! I'm doing mine hybrid or mostly traditional paper, but these templates are very tempting.

17. Diane

2010-10-20 04:43:03 -0400

I have a question. I need to use an album I have. It has flocked brocade on it already and I like it.
    I need to turn the pages the long way.
    I guess I use more landscape photos anyway. I purchased the
    kit at designer digitals for the Dec. daily 2010 but do not know how to turn things around.

18. shannon

2010-10-20 11:02:50 -0400

Hi Ali! I LOVE this project. This will be my second project to follow along with and adapt to my own style and I actually am trying to use what I have on hand for this as I have so much scrapping stuff....I tend to "hoard" it! Anyway did you mention where to by the pack of plain hambly overlays? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks! :D

19. Sarah

2010-10-20 12:38:53 -0400

Beautiful!

20. Lori

2010-10-20 15:32:06 -0400

Ali-
    the clear heavy hambly overlays - because of the thickness - what did you use to cut these? do you like the thickness or are they too thick? you might have mentioned it, but i can't seem to find the post. i'm trying to decide if i want to order any of these??

21. Jennifer Evans

2010-10-21 11:56:32 -0400

Anyone else having problems with the html code for the button for December Daily?

22. Ilse

2010-11-01 15:35:44 -0400

Oh I just love these.
    For the right side you have to adjust the template I guess?
    I'm thinking about doing a prohect 365 nect year like this. Loose the christmas stuff and then a week each layout.
    But then I have to have other overlays I guess? Or can I adjust these ones for my project?

23. December Daily 2010 Q&A Responses | Ali Edwards

2010-11-10 15:45:59 -0500

[...] AE : Sure! You can purchase any of the three December Daily template sets I have available at Designer Digitals: vol 1, vol 2, and vol 3 (made for 2010). In addition you might want to check out the 31 Days 12×12 overlays which work alongside the vol. 3 layered templates. You can read the post I did about the templates here. [...]

24. Sara McGee

2010-11-14 03:42:59 -0500

Hi Ali, I bought the 6x8 templates with dates on and the little square embellishments with 'tis the season etc on. However, I cant seem to open one of the files with the little squares in (computer says it is too big?) and the files that I can open are black or brown. Can I change the colour?
    Thanks

25. Michele H.

2010-11-23 18:39:25 -0500

Hi Ali - I love these digital templates and was wondering if I re-sizing the template down to 6x6...would I lose the quality of the images? Hope that makes sense?