Love You Because & Christmas Card | Designer Digitals Quarterly Sale

Designer Digitals is having one of their awesome quarterly sales through early tomorrow morning with 30% off everything in the store. It's a great time to stock up on all kinds of goodies, but definitely timely for Christmas, Thanksgiving and holiday digital supplies.

I've got a few specific new things that I wanted to share with you today.

First up is a new layered template set called Love You Because. This set includes 10, 12x12 layered templates. Each template features an enlarged number (1 through 10) and a "love you because" word art sentiment. These templates would be great on their own or all together in a book format with the theme of 10 Reasons I Love You.

I started working on a set for Anna - beginning with #3. I took the #3 template and made it into a 2-page spread with the second page being a full 12x12 photo (you can definitely scale these down to 8x8 for a smaller book or album). Click the image above to view larger.

Here's a closer look at each side of the spread. The left:

And the right:

I copied the frame layer and rotated it for the second page.

SUPPLIES: Ali Edwards Love You Because Layered Templates; Michelle Martin Lars Solids Cardstock; Katie Pertiet Gratitude Cut Ups; Katie Pertiet Little Forest Friends Pattern Paper (this is the pattern on top of the cardstock on the first page)

Another new product I'm offering is a Merry Little Christmas 5x7 Card Front.

I uploaded and printed mine at Persnickety Prints. On the inside I've got a photo on one side and our greeting on the other.

And a few other new products from the last couple of weeks:

Painted Thanksgiving Words and Thick Fall/Halloween Words

Thick Christmas Words and Painted Christmas Words

Painterly Alphabet and Miss You Thank You Hand Drawn

Fall Sentiment Stacks and Authentic Hand Drawn

I also posted a fun Weekend Creative project this past weekend using new hand-drawn Advent boxes. Click here to see the full post.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

1. Jo Boland

2010-11-08 14:27:25 +0100

I love DD quarterly sale. I picked up some of your Christmas digital templates at the weekend. Now I'm all ready to start preparing for my December Daily. I'm mixing this years 31 day 12x12 templates with your older December Daily 12x12 templates and resizing them to 7.5x7.5 so that they'll fit nicely into an 8x8 bracket shaped album by MME.

2. Mindy N

2010-11-08 16:39:03 +0100

I have never tried digital scrapbooking and am not super savvy on the computer. After seeing so many of your projects, I really want to try some sort of hybrid scrapbooking. I would love to pick up some things from the DD sale but also know that I need some guidance in how to use them. Is there a certain program you have to have in order to use them? Have you ever posted a tutorial on this? Thank you for all of your inspiration and ideas!

3. dawn

2010-11-08 16:50:09 +0100

These all look great and wonderful prices. Thanks Ali....

4. Anne in SC

2010-11-08 16:58:51 +0100

I have high hopes of getting started in digital scrapbooking but I have no idea how to start. What program do I need to work with the digital purchases? Is Photoshop Elements sufficient? I think I just need a basic 101 "how to get started" and then I can probably build from there.

5. Debbie C

2010-11-08 17:26:21 +0100

I just love the "I love you because 3" page with Anna. When I saw it the other day I immediately thought of joining the two pages toghether and stretching the frame to make a 6x3 or 8x4 board book. And after doing the Halloween workshop you have given me so many great ideas for board books. I have three children so I just might make one book that includes pages for each on there own, some with two together and some with all three.
    Thanks for all the inspiration.

6. Debbie S.

2010-11-08 17:41:28 +0100

Can't get over how awesome that photo is!

7. holly

2010-11-08 20:11:19 +0100

ali - so inspired by your advent project!!

i bought the advent boxes from DD. When I print the PDF, the top line of the boxes is truncated... :(

8. jenn

2010-11-09 01:19:23 +0100

glad I saw today was the last day for the 30% off. I grabbed the december daily templates (among other things). I'm going to be deployed over christmas (thanksgiving & new years too) so i hope to accomplish my very fist december daily while i'm deployed!!! wish me luck :) btw, i love all your digital stuff, i've used them on photos mainly, you're so creative!

9. Tiffany

2010-11-09 04:03:14 +0100

I love the "love you because" idea. I have a free photobook from Shutterfly that I have been trying to decide what to do with for a Christmas gift. I think this would be great thing to do for my 10 year old daughter as she is perched on the edge of childhood and impending womanhood. Thank you so much for the idea :)

10. Sierra

2010-11-09 09:01:43 +0100

I love the border you used on these templates. Is it available for sale somewhere? Great ideas, as usual. Thanks for keeping the inspiration coming.

11. Wendy O.

2010-11-09 22:53:43 +0100

I absolutely love the coat that Anna has on. Where did you find it?

12. Ten on Tuesday << Life with Ephram

2011-01-05 03:09:33 +0100

[...] working on ’10 Reasons I Love You’ book for Ephram’s birthday using the idea from Ali Edwards. Excited to share once I have it [...]

* edited 08/11/14 03:15PM
  13. ten on tuesday Family, Child, & Baby Photographer | Donya Luana Photography | Northfield, MN

2012-05-02 16:14:33 +0200

[...] I’m working on ’10 Reasons I Love You’ book for Ephram’s birthday using the idea from Ali Edwards. Excited to share once I have it [...]