December Daily 2010 | Day Nine

Welcome to Day Nine!

How's it going? Still hanging in there?

I felt a bit of creative fatigue myself today and then got over it once I started playing with these little photos.

Photos today (except the enlargement) are from my Fujifilm INSTAX MINI 7S Camera. I first read about this on Elsie's blog. I brought it along with me to Greece and took a bunch of photos and totally loved it as a fun toy camera. I've been playing with it again here over the last couple of days capturing holiday decor.

For this first page I just adhere three of them along the bottom - with the middle photo overlapping the other two. Along the bottom I added a typewriter-typed journaling strip.

The middle transparent page is a 8.5x11 page-protector that's been cut down to four pockets (and new holes punched). When I created my foundation pages it included the daily number and the two stars. In the one empty pocket I added a mini photo of Anna and a "sweet anna-girl" label." After slipping it into the page protector I stitched it on my machine with just a bit of yellow thread.

Behind the photo of Anna I slipped in a little lego building paper that had come in Simon's advent box today.

Page two includes six mini photos, typed labels, and a bit of very cool vintage wallpaper from Papier Valise (click on Paper and then look for Vintage Wall Paper: Holiday Colors Pack).

My typewriter got a workout making the little labels.

SUPPLIES : Ali Edwards Handdrawn Holiday; Ali Edwards 2010 6×8 December Daily overlays; Papier Valise Vintage Wall Paper Holiday Colors; typewriter; 8.5×11 Baseball Card Page Protectors cut to fit; Bazzill Basics Star Chips (painted red); Making Memories Metal Rimmed Tags; Tim Holtz Silver Numerals: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com; Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint Dash of Red: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com

Hope you have a great weekend!

COMMENT UPDATE : I also wanted to let you know that my awesome web person has made it possible for you to click a box if you'd like to receive an email when/if someone responds to a comment you leave.

All posts related to December Daily can be found here.

TODAY'S POST SPONSORED BY : JBS Mercantile
JBS Mercantile is your one stop shop for whimsical monthly kits, ever changing vintage offerings and inspiring galleries by award winning artists. Sign up for our newsletter today and follow our blogs at: www.jennibowlin.blogspot.com and www.jennibowlinstudioinspiration.blogspot.com.

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY NINE

I’d love to have you include a link to your DAY NINE page here. Please link directly to your post or image on Flickr vs. your general blog link. Thank you! Also – don’t feel like you need to leave a comment!

1. Jenny Alfonso

2010-12-10 13:22:07 -0600

I think I must have that little camera :)

I must say, doing Dec Daily is definitely therapeutic for me. This week wasn't a good week for me. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to document about it in my Dec Daily. I want my book to be happy thoughts. But I also want to remember how I felt. I did end up documenting the stressful event in my album. Though I didn't go into too much detail, I really did feel better about the whole situation once it was done. I think it will be therapeutic for me to look back on it next year.

2. Jan

2010-12-10 13:53:38 -0600

I wanted to do some typewriter strips, toooo! I've meant to, but I'm finding that I'm kind of rushing through getting my pages done because I'm afraid if I don't keep up, I'll get too far behind and then give up. I do wish I really had more time to play. The only way I get that is if I stay up really late. I'm seriously considering going all-digi next year... :)

And YAY for "wonderfully ordinary" days!

3. Lori

2010-12-10 14:47:24 -0600

Hey Ali - I have a question/comment. I love the 12x12 decdaily templates as I am doing an 8x8 decdaily album. I really like the 6x8 daily overlays, however because of the rectangle size they look weird with the 2 inches extra on the side on my 8x8 page. Next year would love for there to be a square daily overlay set - because I don't think I can resize the 6x8 into a square, right?

4. Sheri Brady

2010-12-10 15:04:38 -0600

I too was wondering if I'd hit the wall! When I posted a link on Twitter the other day I asked, "Will I make it to the end?" I think the key for me is if I'm feeling tired or tasked by this project to just keep it simple! I want to make sure I'm spending the better part of my time making those memories vs documenting them! :) Also, love the metal rimmed tag. Great inspiration to use what I already have on hand. And that vintage wallpaper is great...may have to splurge on some of that though!

5. Heather

2010-12-10 15:28:41 -0600

Definitely some "creative fatigue" happening on this end. Although I've actually been able to keep up with daily journaling and photos (for a change!), because I don't have any layouts put together in my album, I really feel like I haven't done anything. Today is payday though so I'm hoping I can get a bunch of photos uploaded for printing tonight or tomorrow - then maybe I can actually get something done!!

Also, I'm having trouble printing a mosaic of album artwork from iTunes... Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to include pictures of my Christmas music playlist in my DD. Thanks!

6. Sarah

2010-12-10 15:34:38 -0600

YAY for your fantastic web person! That IS a nice feature to be emailed if someone comments on your comment.

7. Lacey

2010-12-10 16:09:04 -0600

Love the photo of Simon today! I wished my boyfriend's son (or my little bonus son) lived with us full time so I could get more daily pics of our life here at home and about. I have that cool camera- haven't used it yet- any tips that you can share for it? Ps- i love this project so far- although, I've fallen behind and been staying up LATE these past few days to work on it. I know it'll be so worth it :)

8. Cynthia H

2010-12-10 16:19:18 -0600

I love, love, LOVE the retro feel of this layout!

9. Brooke

2010-12-10 16:57:47 -0600

I'm really loving all of the patterned papers you are using. I'm learning from my album this year that buying a pack of matching papers doesn't work for me. They may match each other but they don't match my photos. Lesson learned!

I also wanted to tell you that it's fantastic that you can receive an email when someone replies to your specific comment. Genius!

10. beth lo.

2010-12-10 17:37:40 -0600

hi ali! no creative fatigue yet-in fact i'm loving dd this year more than ever. i'm keeping a daily journal mostly of just jotted things (easier to have it all in one place than all the scraps i had last year). what i think i like best this year is that instead of being mostly focused on the photos and the decorative elements, this year i'm more focused on "telling the story." my kids and i have all been taking turns being sick, and all the usual dec. activities just seems like too much this year. like you, i'm going for simpler. i love how on day 3 you just free-handed lines and handwrote your journaling. so easy. i've been using that same format ever since and i love it.

thanks ali!

11. Molly

2010-12-10 19:15:12 -0600

I'm still on track, just haven't posted anything. soon. soon. This is so pretty.

12. Amy

2010-12-10 20:04:16 -0600

Having a wee bit of creative fatigue today - ready try some new things here soon.

13. Kerry

2010-12-11 05:30:41 -0600

This is so pretty, has a really lovely Christmas feel about these pages! xx

14. Stacey

2010-12-11 06:06:13 -0600

I haven't had much time to get creative & was 7 days behind, but with notes & photos up to date, tonight I finally had time (& energy!) to get creating & all of my inspiration came from all the things you tell us - keep it simple, don't make it more complicated, tell the stories you WANT to tell, it doesn't matter if the photo was taken the day before or after, real life happens, it's not all about Christmas but the memories. I also used my square punch to include more photos that weren't "great" shots, inspired by you, I'm including a letter to my eldest daughter, inspired by you, I'm including a today you page about my toddler, inspired by you, I'm including an @ 7 months you... page about my baby girl, inspired by you! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

15. Stacey

2010-12-11 06:10:57 -0600

Also my layout looked odd on my desk, it didn't flow properly & I was all set to take it apart to "fix" it when I remembered you said that it's not about the individual pages but the album as a whole & you know what? When I put it in my album it "fixed" itself!!

16. gscrapbooks

2010-12-11 10:28:18 -0600

Finally got mine done, only a day late, not bad. Even tried something new. Thanks for all the inspiration you give. :-)

17. Melinda Kirk

2010-12-11 19:49:44 -0600

Does anyone know what size the instant photos are? I am wondering if they will fit in the baseball card size pockets in the Project Life kit? That could solve a few problems for me! I too have hunted for a type writer and found it all it bit hard with ribbon shortages etc - I have settled on a typewriter font I like and just typing the text in Word, printing it on card stock and cutting it into strips. Same effect, different method :)

18. Katie

2010-12-12 14:58:30 -0600

I love your page then handwritten element is beautiful.

19. Catherin G.

2010-12-12 16:09:49 -0600

The instamax photos are so fun.

20. Melissa

2010-12-13 21:46:56 -0600

I'm excited to finally link up to my day 9 :)

21. December Daily | Ali Edwards

2010-12-14 13:56:12 -0600

[...] PAGES December 1 December 2 December 3 December 4 December 5 December 6 December 7 December 8 December 9 December 10 December 11 December 12 December 13 December 14 December 15 December 16 December 17 [...]

22. Michelle D.

2010-12-16 00:55:08 -0600

I love the black and white photo and the way this page feels so restful. :)

23. Bubblegum Life

2010-12-16 02:10:37 -0600

Thanks Ali for the continued inspiration and motivation to keep this project going.....I am loveing every minute : )

<3 Carrie

24. December Daily 2010 | Day Twenty-Three | Ali Edwards

2010-12-24 09:44:42 -0600

[...] to Day Nine, I adhered all the photos down and this time added a bit of stitching along the bottom [...]

25. Jen

2010-12-27 09:02:19 -0600

love the introduction of the instacam, might have to get me one of those. Always so creative you are!