December Daily 2010 | Day Sixteen

Welcome to Day Sixteen!

For the first time in years, I sent Christmas cards.

I designed the card (available at Designer Digitals) and had it printed at Persnickety Prints. I adhered it to pattern paper from The Girls Paperie.

In addition to the actual card and a photo of the cards, I included a couple notes that my Mom had written to the kids (if you wonder where I get this desire to write nice, positive, encouraging letters to my kids, it's all from her).

I also included the left-over part of one of the sheets of stamps.

Before sending out the cards I took a photo of them in the kitchen:

On the photo I added a Holiday Title And Journal element (a great place for hand-witing or typing your journaling) and three vintage Christmas chipboard buttons from Jenni Bowlin.

Paper along the bottom is from the Anna Griffin Georgette Holiday pack.

SUPPLIES : Ali Edwards 2010 6×8 December Daily overlays; Hambly Clearly Heavy Overlay; Tim Holtz Silver Numerals: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com; Picture It Pageframe Large 8 inch Acrylic Star; Anna Griffin Georgette Holiday pack; Ali Edwards Holiday Title And Journal; Jenni Bowlin Vintage Christmas Chipboard Buttons; Holly Berry Floral Pattern Paper from The Girls Paperie; Ali Edwards Merry Little Christmas 5x7 Card

And lastly today, a look at the book from the side (completed on the left and still to go on the right) :

All posts related to December Daily can be found here.

TODAY'S POST SPONSORED BY : Apron Strings Design
You’ve got the words and the photos, bring them together with an Apron Strings kit.  Each kit is filled with a delicious collection of papers, cardstock and embellishments that will help you put the focus where it belongs – on your story - and because everything’s included, you can spend your scrapbooking time doing what you love – scrapbooking. Kits start at just $16 (on no-commitment autoship) so even your wallet will be happy as each month’s box arrives on your doorstep. Inspiration abounds with a sketch, full-color newsletter and more ideas on the Apron Strings’ blog.

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY SIXTEEN

I’d love to have you include a link to your DAY SIXTEEN page here. Please link directly to your post or image on Flickr vs. your general blog link. Thank you! Also – don’t feel like you need to leave a comment!

1. Teresa

2010-12-17 23:32:04 +0800

I love the note from your mother. I'm glad she does that. I lost my mother to cancer almost 6 years ago so my daughter will not have something like that. Thanks for sharing. I mailed out my 4 cards last week. I still have some to make this weekend for my close neighbors. I will take a picture of those. Great idea!

2. Mrs. b

2010-12-17 23:44:12 +0800

I also wrote our Christmas cards yesterday.
    Love your card! I saw a very nice card on flickr where one of your brushes was used, and it was a great idea for Christmas cards - I'll need to remember that to next year.

3. Wilna

2010-12-18 00:02:48 +0800

love this so much. : ) Your mom's little notes are so special.

4. Kelly

2010-12-18 00:10:30 +0800

oh, you make me wish i had taken a photo of my cards before i sent them out. i love making and writing christmas cards but i didn't even think to take a photo of the stack of envelopes, stuffed and ready to go! sigh! i'll put it on my dd list for next year. thanks for the daily inspiration and for the little peeks into your family. i love that your mom writes notes to simon and anna. my mom does it too and i have always loved that about her.
    kelly

5. Linda L

2010-12-18 00:19:41 +0800

I'm trying to figure out how the acrylic star is attached/hinged.

I love following you every day, but especially during the Christmas season.

Thank you for all your inspiration. And love your kids!

6. Debra

2010-12-18 00:24:26 +0800

Where did you find the wonderful little meter and Believe from Macy's. I have a photo of the meter from the store, and would love to add the image.

7. beth lo.

2010-12-18 00:36:29 +0800

hi ali! was wondering if/what you will do with the extra ephemera from this year. i loved the canvas pockets you used last year-mine are stuffed full of christmas pagent programs, favorite cards, small pieces of the kids artwork. etc. i have an extra canvas one from last year that i was thinking about trimming down, but not sure if the grommets will line up or not.

beautiful pages as always. i keep going back and looking at day 15. so beautiful and it was a good reminder that i wanted to write letters to the boys again this year. when my four yo and i were looking at last years album, having the letter read to him was his favorite part.

have a lovely weekend!
    beth

8. sarah

2010-12-18 01:04:50 +0800

i'm quite envious of the people that receive your christmas card this year - it would make an excellent cover to a december daily :)

also, i love that you included the leftover part from the stamps. i would have never thought of that, but it's so neat.

9. angie blom

2010-12-18 01:07:27 +0800

Ali, I am loving your album so far. I love the little note your mom gave Simon. Your cards are fabulous. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't get a chance to make christmas cards.. so I will be giving away newyears cards instead. time is just flying by..way too fast.

10. Estellita

2010-12-18 01:29:57 +0800

I love your idea ... My girls draw all the time, and want put their sheets in my DD ... It's becoming a painting DD ;-)

11. Leah Larson

2010-12-18 01:57:32 +0800

My December Daily ritual has been to check out your blog and then I check out one of the blogs on the list and leave a comment. There are so many creative people out there. Lots and lots of inspiration.

12. Lacey

2010-12-18 02:22:54 +0800

I finally posted updates on my blog- day 3-16 LOL Whew! I love this project..but I do see what you mean about being ready to be done with it twds the end LOL I am however going to be glad that I do have this little keepsake. :)

13. Kathy

2010-12-18 03:14:26 +0800

I look forward to reading your blog everyday and seeing your pages. Thanks for inspiring us at this busy time of the year.

14. cinnibonbon

2010-12-18 03:32:17 +0800

Love this page and it's not just because my birthday is on the 16th! Love the tags you included from your mom, what a wonderful idea.

15. Jill

2010-12-18 04:50:36 +0800

Hey Ali,

Not December Daily related, but I'm curious if you're planning to do an update on your 2010 Project Life project? I bought this year's model on the Black Friday sale and I'm eager to get up and running with it in January. I'd love to see more inspiration from your album :)

Jill

16. margote05

2010-12-18 05:52:08 +0800

I am admiring as usual! I allowed to put the link towards my blog. At the moment, half of my album is made paper but the rest is digi. As I work until 24/12, I do not have time to print everything and to cut in the evening. I it shall match the holidays. Then not to forget, I already make my pages digi. Thank you for everything!

17. Christy Miller

2010-12-18 06:01:37 +0800

Ali, I've loved following you and while I'm not up to date (usually 2-3 days behind on actually making the pages) I'm loving it. However, I'm just wondering how many years you think you will take this approach to documenting the holidays. This is my 1st year with the DD and I've already learned that next year I want a little more free form with my book. I don't think I'll put numbers on pages but will still make my book ahead of time. That way I can add and subtract and put numbers on pages that had Christmas activities on those days. Just wondering about your thoughts of how you will grow with the DD project.

Thanks!

18. Nicole Russell Willis

2010-12-18 07:26:11 +0800

Those handwritten notes from your mom are lovely! And priceless. Really cool to have that.

19. Ellie

2010-12-18 12:48:11 +0800

Ha... that is too funny. My Day 16 is about the Christmas cards we received and the ones we sent out :) I love those sweet notes from your mom to your children. Super sweet indeed.

20. Cherie

2010-12-19 02:37:45 +0800

Fun to see all the different books!

21. Jan

2010-12-19 04:03:38 +0800

It's seems like LOTS of people are going back to sending cards. I would like to be among them, I think. But this year, it will have to be a "holiday" card instead of a "Christmas" card as I'm totally not prepared. I have been known in years past to send out a photo/letter in between Christmas and New Year's and I'm fine with that. :)

22. Maegen Jenne

2010-12-19 06:49:51 +0800

all up to date! yay!

23. jenn shurkus

2010-12-24 05:46:55 +0800

i enjoyed getting your card this year ali ;) hope it becomes a tradition!! the pic is fabulous! hugs, merry christmas!

24. December Daily | Ali Edwards

2011-01-18 02:46:26 +0800

[...] 7 December 8 December 9 December 10 December 11 December 12 December 13 December 14 December 15 December 16 December 17 December 18 December 19 December 20 December 21 December 22 December 23 December 24 [...]

25. Jen

2011-02-01 07:42:01 +0800

love the shot of the side of your daily so far...i should do that - getting pretty thick mine is!