December Daily 2010 | Day Twelve

Welcome to Day Twelve!

For many of us this is just about the half-way point of this project. My book is huge already!

Here in our house it was time to write letters to Santa. As I was deciding how I wanted to journal this page I went with writing my own letter to Santa.

I also scanned both pages in this time for a closer-look:

Gotta love Simon and his letter. When we visited Santa earlier this month he asked for the Harry Potter Lego sets and game but forgot to ask for a rubber duckie. He wanted to make sure that's what his letter said first and foremost.

I added little white tags with KI Memories Classic Red Sticklers Glitter Stickers as initials. The digital twill can be found in my Christmas Twill or Christmas Celebrations Elements Pack at Designer Digitals. The little red paper clips are from 7gypsies.

Here's the second page and my letter to Santa (went with the hand-drawn lines again):

And just another look at the tag + red glitter initial combo:

SUPPLIES : Ali Edwards 2010 6×8 December Daily overlays; Ali Edwards Christmas Twill; Ali Edwards Christmas Celebrations Elements Pack; KI Memories Classic Red Sticklers Glitter Stickers; K&Company Yuletide Collection Pattern Paper (santas); Maya Road Scroll Frames Chipboard; AE for Technique Tuesday Good Cheer Stamps; Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint Dash of Red: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com; My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Union Square Moments Seamstress Paper: Two Peas | Scrapbook.com; Hambly Clearly Heavy Overlay

All posts related to December Daily can be found here.

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY TWELVE

I’d love to have you include a link to your DAY TWELVE page here. Please link directly to your post or image on Flickr vs. your general blog link. Thank you! Also – don’t feel like you need to leave a comment!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

1. Rebekah Pontow

2010-12-13 12:09:36 -0500

I love the letter to Santa for all 3 of you! I wrote out a letter for my daughter - perhaps I will do a real one and have her color on it too. What pens do you use for your hand-drawn lines?

2. gscrapbooks

2010-12-13 12:20:22 -0500

Letters to Santa is a great idea! I need to have my youngest do this still... he didn't want to see Santa this year (scared I think).

3. Karen Heisler

2010-12-13 12:23:54 -0500

I love following along with your December Daily. I don't have the time to do it this year, but I'm going to use the idea (and the templates) to do a January book. We are hosting an exchange student from China for the month of January, so I thought I would make it Red, White and Blue as a memento for him to take home to remember his time in America. Found some great transparencies online! Thanks for the idea, Ali! You're Awesome!

4. claudine hellmuth

2010-12-13 12:52:05 -0500

ohh looks amazing!! thanks for using my paint in your tutorial!

5. Andi Sexton

2010-12-13 13:12:03 -0500

Oh my gosh.. I love this idea! I'm going to borrow it for my DD! Love love love your letter to Santa!!!! Yes, I love the kids as well, but we often forget 'us'!

6. Carole

2010-12-13 13:13:09 -0500

My children are a lot older than yours (16 and 13) but I would still like to include some of their handwriting in my journal somehow. Not sure I could get them to write to Santa, but will give it some thought. Enjoy your children while they are still little. Love your page!

Carole

7. Wendy O.

2010-12-13 14:09:33 -0500

I love it. Never thought about writing a letter to Santa myself, but what a great idea!

8. gudrun

2010-12-13 14:14:37 -0500

Love these letters. So cute! Thanks for sharing, Ali! :)

9. patti

2010-12-13 14:32:36 -0500

Love, love the letter to Santa! I so appreciate your daily posts. My daughter and I are away from the rest of our family for a month; she and I have been documenting our days with photos while my mom and husband have been taking photos back home. I can not wait to put our December daily together (album and pages are complete). Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

10. jan Davis from Canada

2010-12-13 15:10:38 -0500

Dear Santa,

Please send an elf to clean out my truck too. Today I found 5 cheerios stuck to my butt !!

I see the magic of Christmas has awakened the little girl inside you Ali. How beautiful :)

Cheers,
    Jan

11. Marti Richards

2010-12-13 15:39:58 -0500

Love the Santa letter writing picture! My son is younger than Simon (age 5) and my daughter just turned 2 last month. She is the same way. She loves to sit at the table and do her homework when my son does his. So cute to watch the little ones idolize the bigs! Your Dec Daily is lovely, as always, Ali! Thank you for sharing!

12. Rachel Grantham

2010-12-13 15:45:30 -0500

I like where you have pinned the red glittery "A" on Anna's section- the twill underneath now reads "I love Chris" - which will presumably warm your husband's heart!

13. Amybug

2010-12-13 15:49:15 -0500

Did you know that you can have Santa send an email to your kids too? That was our day 12, here is the website where you can enter in all the info:

Very fun. My son was beside himself.

14. julie Lueck

2010-12-13 16:30:10 -0500

I started with high hopes and then this Dec has turned out to be very hard. First I got the missing my mom blues really bad (Christmas was huge for us with mom). Then an ongoing drawn out legal issue came to a head. So instead of doing Christmas things, I am tracking down recpts and checks to prove I did not commit fraud.To make things worse, it deals with property my mom left to me.It's like loosing my mom all over again. How do you make that merry and bright let alone record it. Help any ideas?

15. Alison Day

2010-12-13 17:32:55 -0500

Love your letter to Santa Ali! What a great idea! I was wondering what to put in for today and reading your post made me remember that I wanted to get my girls to write to Santa today. Yay! Something to add!!
    Thanks.

16. kelly libby

2010-12-13 21:41:14 -0500

Nice album, Ali. This year is too busy for me, personally, to take part in this project but I'm totally okay with it. I decided to accept my limitations and not be stressed about NOT doing something. Going with the flow. I totally am enjoying viewing your book and all the pages from your fellow "December Daily" peeps.

17. Brooke

2010-12-13 22:45:11 -0500

so cute. I love how you have the tree lights and wreath lights on in the background. It would be super cool to make this a whole family page and include a letter to Santa from your hubby too.

18. Alexandra

2010-12-13 23:15:24 -0500

Hi Ali!

I'm still hanging in - not giving up on this project - a little catching up to do but I'm learning photoshop elements and having fun with your templates, word art, twill etc. etc. Seriously a learning experience - hoping my next pages will be quicker since I'm understanding more about the mechanics of it all now.

Two quick questions...
    - do you have a go-to font for journalling on photos etc.??
    - how do you usually adhere photos to cardstock?? I'm using my Kokoyu Dot'n Roller but don't know if that's good enough

Thanks so much!!

19. Laurel

2010-12-13 23:15:38 -0500

This is my third year doing the December Daily album with you and it is such a wonderful project. I can't thank you enough for the magical feeling it lends to the holiday spirit. I was wondering about your comment of your book getting so big already. Do you think, being THE Ali Edwards that you could talk to a manufactur that would produce D rings for this project? Currently I believe you can only get them w/binder mechanism. I think they would make the album sit and open so much easier than the circle ones....just a thought. See what you can do! :) Thanks

20. steffb

2010-12-14 00:30:46 -0500

I get further behind each day but I'm taking the pictures and composing in my mind - it's my end of term and my grades are all done now, so I'm hoping I can catch up tomorrow! Even though I'm behind I'm loving what I've done so far LOL.

21. M. MADISON

2010-12-14 14:22:58 -0500

Love that you wrote a letter to Santa too!

22. Jan

2010-12-14 15:50:21 -0500

Love the "letters to Santa" pages. And your journaling perspective as well. But really...getting the car cleaned? For Christmas? Well, I love how you're keepin' it simple! And I hope Santa brings you that new toothbrush, the massage - and a clean car! ;)

23. December Daily | Ali Edwards

2010-12-16 14:28:30 -0500

[...] 3 December 4 December 5 December 6 December 7 December 8 December 9 December 10 December 11 December 12 December 13 December 14 December 15 December 16 December 17 December 18 December 19 December 20 [...]

24. Jen

2010-12-29 13:54:26 -0500

Getting my car cleaned was the top of my list as well the electric toothbrush (5 years and running!)!! You totally inspired me with this page and I might have to piggy back on it! There is always a list but never a letter (from me!) - thanks for the new tradition!!

25. December Daily 2011 | 25 Ideas And Story Inspirations | Ali Edwards

2011-11-21 06:00:39 -0500

[...] even if you’re an adult without kids you can still write your own letter to Santa. I did it last year and it was fun. What do you want for [...]