December Daily 2010 | Day Twenty

Welcome to Day Twenty!

For any of you who have made it this far, nice work.

I know this is a challenging project even when you work to make it really simple. There are tons of people that finish at the end of the month or at other times during the year when the time is right. The key for this (and any other project) is making some time be the right time.

There are also many people who don't finish. I hope, if you are one of those people, that you feel absolutely NO GUILT and that whatever memories you were able to document will bring you or someone you know joy in the future. Sometimes it's just not the right time, circumstance, etc., for a project.

WHITE CIRCLE PAPER UPDATE : If you are still on the lookout for the white paper I used on the cover of my book this year, here's some available through Amazon: Mulberry Whimzy Paper- Beehive 25x37 Inch Sheet (special thanks to Susan at Catslife Press Rubber Stamps for emailing me that link).

To photograph our tree like this I followed these instructions from Autumn at Write.Click.Scrapbook. The Red Dots Rectangle Label is from Paper Source. The gold pen is from Faber-Castell's new craft line which will be debuting at the big Craft & Hobby Show in January.

Next to the tree is a photobooth strip that Chris came home with the other day. Love.

On the back of the photobooth strip is another sweet little tree that Simon drew.

And today I was the lucky recipient of a card from him.

The other part of the Red Dots Rectangle Label from page one is adhered in the bottom area. Just a bit of stitching added for good measure. I think the stitching could be one of my favorite things this year.

SUPPLIES : Ali Edwards 2010 6×8 December Daily overlays; Jenni Bowlin Christmas Printed Tickets; Hamby Red Vintage Plaid (looks like there’s no more red, but other colors are available); Jenni Bowlin Red Kindergarten Alphabet Rub Ons; Paper Source Red Dots Rectangle Label

Memories matter

TODAY'S POST SPONSORED BY : ScanCafe

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY TWENTY

I’d love to have you include a link to your DAY TWENTY page here. Please link directly to your post or image on Flickr vs. your general blog link. Thank you! Also – don’t feel like you need to leave a comment!

1. Barbara

2010-12-21 11:36:09 -0700

No guilt but I am behind. I work on it when I can and I am challenged to finish it. We have a week out of town for Christmas - how will I finish this??!! I'll bring as much as I can and I have a small photo printer I'm bringing with me. I have a feeling I will have more to add during that week than I did the rest of the month.

Keep up the good work Ali! I love every page. Also I will have some just journal pages and I feel better when I see yours. LOVE IT!

2. dawn

2010-12-21 12:15:11 -0700

So happy to hear your health is good and no worries with the last wart you removed. Good news and reason to celebrate more!!

3. Vavie

2010-12-21 12:18:04 -0700

I made it this far ! I love this project !

4. margote05

2010-12-21 12:27:12 -0700

I like the bokeh!! Magnificent! It is really a pleasure to come here;) Your December Daily is a marvel!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

5. Hannah

2010-12-21 14:03:19 -0700

I have had the pages ready to go from the start, but only managed to print out some photos and get started yesterday- i did two random days 19 and 17 as I was most inspired by those photos. I LOVE them, and was so excited I couldn't get to sleep. Now if I can just occupy my 3 kids, I can do the rest! Thanks for keeping the inspiration going with the daily posts- it would be easy to lose momentum, but you keep on encouraging me to get on with it! :)

6. Lori

2010-12-21 14:13:28 -0700

I am so glad I am doing this decdaily album. I believe my family will enjoy it for years to come. I am 1 day behind - but I still plan to finish strong :) I took Karen Russell's photography class last year and I have enjoyed spending the month taking lots of pictures and practicing that side of my photography skills. And then I am inspired by your creativity and your passion for journal, which is the other part I can get play with and be inspired. What great inspiration! I check your blog first thing in the morning to see your decdaily new spread :)

7. rhonda

2010-12-21 14:30:00 -0700

Simon and Anna are wonderful children and kudos to Chris for the photobooth picture maybe he should do a blog to husbands on helping with DD's!

8. Heidi

2010-12-21 15:38:23 -0700

I just wanted to thank you for sharing this project idea. Two days before Halloween I was at the park with my kids and slipped while I was carrying my 18 month old. I broke my leg in three places and had to have surgery. Having a broken leg has changed the pace of our family's holidays. I decided to try doing the December daily album as a way to make the best of our Christmas season. I knew it was going to be tricky to do a lot of the activities we normally do because of my leg. This album has turned out to be a great thing for our family. It has helped me focus on the positive things we are doing and not to get discouraged when my leg starts to slow me down. As a family we have been able to focus on simple traditions and I love that we will be able to pull this book out next year and pick out traditions that we can continue. Here's a post on my blog where I wrote about our December daily album: http://paisleypatchwork.blogspot.com/2010/12/decembr-daily-album.html

9. julie b.

2010-12-21 15:49:12 -0700

I love the tree effect! I took a picture like that of my tree last night, I was going to use it as a backdrop for my main photo, but I couldn't get it to work without looking like I laid my main photo on top of the other. Something to play around with I suppose. ;)
    Merry, merry!

10. KarenA

2010-12-21 16:21:01 -0700

I can't quite believe that I am keeping up with this project and still in love with it! I check in with your blog each day and although your style is very different to mine I am inspired each day, thank you so much. I'm off to have a go at photographing my tree following your link......

11. Raylene

2010-12-21 16:28:45 -0700

I'm keeping up! Loving the stories.The templates have been great to keep things simple!

12. Kendra

2010-12-21 16:54:43 -0700

I have been able to keep up and upload my pictures to FLickr on Sunday nights. It has been very therapeutic to slow down and look at the memories I am making. It has been a nice little "destresser."

* edited 08/11/14 07:24AM
  13. Tweets that mention December Daily 2010 | Day Twenty | Ali Edwards -- Topsy.com

2010-12-21 17:26:20 -0700

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by A Johnson-Kellogg, Josephina Mydreama. Josephina Mydreama said: December Daily 2010 | Day Twenty: Welcome to Day Twenty! For any of you who have made it this… http://goo.gl/fb/tHLUd [...]

14. Jamie Williams

2010-12-21 17:44:42 -0700

I have purchased the December Daily layered pages-and I love them! However, on your tutorial of how to use them, you show how to resize the images by clicking up in the corner and dragging until you get the size you want-I can't the little arrow to come up to click and drag...how do you get that? Thank you!

15. Bambi Pro

2010-12-21 18:01:24 -0700

Dear Ali...Thought you were going to a well deserved break.

16. elizabeth

2010-12-21 20:54:53 -0700

This is lovely : ) Try going for a walk in your neighborhood to catch the outside lights the same way--the color lights are gorgeous all thrown out of focus too!

17. Ellie

2010-12-21 22:21:31 -0700

I have been having a blast! I had a minor hiccup posting my pages but have them done and am so happy I have done this, I almost feel like its too short Ha. Thank you so much for this adventure so far. I can't wait to actually see the whole book finished and then one warm summer day as the kids are playing in the back yard remember how awesome each day in December was and dream of all the fun that is to come in the coming December :)

18. Beke

2010-12-22 01:10:32 -0700

I love the photo of your tree. I took one like that of our tree a week ago, and I wasnt sure if i should use it as i already have two with our tree as part of the main focuss of that day, but you've made me think "whats wrong with 3?" lol. The use of the photo booth is awesome.

19. Jessica B

2010-12-22 10:38:39 -0700

I look forward to seeing your post everyday! It is such an inspiration for me. I didn't make it through everyday yet, however I have take a few minutes at the end of each day to journal about the day so I don't forget. At least I have the stories from the season down.

Thank you again!

20. Silsine

2010-12-22 14:11:35 -0700

Its the firts time i try it, and im going to got it. But 24 days, because im on Europe.

I enjoyed so much, so so much, thanks Ali , its going to be so great and wonderfull make that one with you.

Just 4 days to finish it and wainting to the next year to start again.

21. Tetcy

2010-12-24 13:22:26 -0700

I haven't been doing the daily, but I used the photo technique to capture my tree for a blog post about my tree! It turned out so awesome!! Thanks for posting the technique!

22. Jenni Hufford

2010-12-26 09:30:56 -0700

hi ali! i tried this trick with the tree lights and love it-- thanks for the tutorial link. wanted to share a new one i found today on how to make the bokeh lights look like hearts on your tree--- pretty awesome!! http://thevintagepearl.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-tree-bokeh.html

23. Jen

2011-02-24 09:36:17 -0700

love the technique. i was able to do it as well - future page coming up. love how it all is coming together!!!!! i think i now have the husband on board with all this!

24. December Daily | Ali Edwards

2011-10-29 12:58:02 -0600

[...] 11 December 12 December 13 December 14 December 15 December 16 December 17 December 18 December 19 December 20 December 21 December 22 December 23 December 24 December [...]

25. SusanT

2011-11-23 15:58:17 -0700

Hi Everyone - didn't know where else to post this but ... if you are looking for an alternative to the SC Kit Album that still fits the 6x8.5 inch page protectors, Kaiserkraft makes a white "embelishment" folder that is an A5 size and the American Crafts page protectors fit in it really well. It does have "Kaisercraft" on the binder spine, but I figure I can cover/decrate that somehow and it is white, so a good base colour for xmas. I'm in Australia so purchased mine in a local store yesterday (I got two, because my album is so bulky already!!), but just had a quick look at scrapbook.com and they sell them for $6.99. Just wanted to share this if anyone is interested. Regards, Susan