Introducing A New Class At Big Picture Classes | One Little Word

I am super excited to announce a new year-long class I'm running at Big Picture Classes: One Little Word.

If you're not familiar with the One Little Word concept, you can read some of my previous posts here: 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.

HERE'S THE BASICS FOR THIS CLASS :

For 2011, I want to do something even more tangible with my One Little Word. I've found that, just like a resolution, it's easy to lose sight of the things you set forward to embark on as regular life gets busy throughout the course of the year. To combat this I plan to bring my word into my life more consciously and concretely and make it more visible by creating an album to hold my thoughts, challenges and inspirations.

You're invited to join me on this journey.

Each month you'll receive an email and an invitation to visit the One Little Word classroom. Inside the classroom, you'll find a gentle reminder message, encouragement to refocus, and a simple creative project to complete related to your word. At the end of the year you'll have an album that celebrates and honors your word - making it that much more concrete and visible in your life.

Click on over to Big Picture to listen to an audio introduction, read more details, and register. Class begins on January 1. I hope you'll join me in this opportunity to make your word more visible in 2011.

Please note: Even if you don't choose to participate in this workshop I'll be doing my annual post about One Little Word closer to January 1. Reading through all the comments is always such an inspiring way to begin the year.

1. ckoesters

2010-12-19 12:01:50 -0600

I can't find the long list of words... I think you usually post them in January but i've been through the posts and can't seem to find it. thanks

2. Vera

2010-12-19 17:59:17 -0600

Ali, wondering how many packs of the page protectors we need? I don't have them locally and would have to order them.

3. Cindy Key

2010-12-19 20:35:12 -0600

I think this class sounds like a great idea! We all get busy at different times and when a class is too short, I feel like I've missed out soooo a year-long class is perfect!

4. My Word for 2011: Nurture | SnowMoon, LLC

2010-12-20 07:54:54 -0600

[...] that I have my word, I’m impatiently waiting for the next step from the class. Posted in Living Deliberately, Scrapbooking | Tags: [...]

5. Alexandra

2010-12-21 15:25:39 -0600

Just wondering...

Is registration really open until Dec 1, 2011??
    I'm wanting to register but not quite yet - just want to make sure
    registration will be open for a little while.

6. Shauna Miller

2010-12-23 17:36:13 -0600

I am so excited to join in this year for the first time with my little word. My word "grow". With 3 kiddos one being 7 months old, I feel like the fog is lifting :) and I want to really focuss on what it means to grow as a wife, mom, friend, and a women. I can't thank you enough for your blog and how you coutinue to inspire me as a scrapbooker but also as a women, mom , wife. THank you.

7. Kaylea

2010-12-24 00:00:51 -0600

Ali
    Do you think I can do this mainly digi? That's what most of my stash is...

Just wondering.
    I have paper and stuff..... but haven't been really creative with it in the last couple of years.

Am really hoping this sparks my creativity and helps me really focus on my word this year.

Thanks
    K

8. Misty Hofbauer

2010-12-24 11:18:26 -0600

Hi Ali.
    I am panicking, because I can't seem to find the Pink Paislee refill pack ANYWHERE.
    I have looked at all my local stores, as well as online, and they seem to be all sold out.
    Any idea where I could find them?
    Thanks!

9. FELIZ NAVIDAD & MERRY CHRISTMAS « Llenando de color mi vida

2010-12-26 06:01:11 -0600

[...] Yo estoy a punto de acabar mi mini álbum de propósitos de año nuevo. Como cada año, elijo una palabra para definir lo que espero del año que viene, siguiendo a Ali Edwards. [...]

10. A. Sanborn

2010-12-27 14:24:22 -0600

Every year I struggle with a fitting word for the year. This year I have discovered my word. While I'd like to sign up for the One Little Word Class I have a few questions I "couldn't" find answers to -

1. Is the $36 fee a one time fee for a yearly class there-after? Shimelle comes to mind.

2. Is the 8.5 X 11 size mandatory -along- with EVERYTHING listed on the MASTER LIST provided? My concerns are these items aren't available and the extra costs? I'm attempting to use things I have on hand within reason. So I guess, my question is can it be anything 8.5 X 11 or is there a particular reason you've chosen this album?

3. Being I'm a VISUAL learner... I'm finding myself inept at visualizing the journey.

My apologies if I missed the answers to my questions as I did read this post and comments.

Thanks for the challenge Ali... looking forward to the process. My sincerest apologies should you find my questions annoying!

Appreciate the clarity,
    {-AS-}

11. SArita

2010-12-27 18:37:09 -0600

Like someothers I am keen to know more about the house of three portfolio pack. I'm from NZ and have not been able to find a stockist here. Would it be a do-able class to modify or adapt (although I love working in true 'Ali' style)? Or is there a supplier in the US that freights to NZ??

12. Cathryn

2010-12-28 07:50:34 -0600

I'm going back and forth between two words. One would probably help me feel self-satisfied and accomplished and the other would be more fun. What to do?

13. Cherie M

2010-12-28 09:42:24 -0600

Just signed up for your class and already have my word. I just visited my doctor yesterday and he wanted me to work on some things this next year so I decided to use the word "Wellness". It is something I've been intending to do. I start and then stop, so I think the monthly prompts will help. Also, we have a granddaughter living with us and I want to be an inspiration to her, as she has health issues that she needs to work on. Thanks so much for being an inspiration to me. Cherie

14. Erin Prais-Hintz

2010-12-28 10:14:15 -0600

Hi Ali-
    I stumbled across your class while doing a search for help choosing a word. I am linking to your class in my blog post today (http://treasures-found.blogspot.com). I was thinking about joining your class to keep me on pace with my word (FOCUS) but I am not a scrapbooker. I love the idea of it, but I am wondering if this class might be something that will have value for those who are not into that.

Thanks for your inspiration!
    Erin
    Tesori Trovati Jewelry
    Treasures Found::Inspiration is Everywhere

15. Diane Marra

2010-12-28 11:13:32 -0600

Ali, love your new OLW class and I will be signing up. I have been doing the OLW with you for a few years - thanks for your inspiration! I wanted to have a tangible way to remind and live my word for the year so I create a canvas project with my word to remind me of what I am focusing on. I believe the OLW is whispered to me from God. My words have been "the light", trust and abide. Since yours is light this year Ali, thought I would share what my canvas project reminds me: to be the light, to live in the light, shine the light, teach the light, rejoice in the light, my light journey, discover the light, etc. See my project over at my blog and my website. I also created a worksheet which I give away for free to help people meditate and ask God for their word. My web site is
    http://adorehimcreations.com/ and has pictures. My blog is http://dianemarra.typepad.com/
    My email address is [email protected]

16. Vanessa

2010-12-28 13:32:41 -0600

I just paid for this classe. I can't wait!!!!

* edited 08/11/14 08:23AM
  17. forget resolutions…instead focus on ONE LITTLE WORD « faith. everyday.

2010-12-29 19:12:41 -0600

[...] concept is totally from Ali Edwards. I have found this works much better for me than [...]

18. Nancy E. Cook

2010-12-31 14:39:25 -0600

I stumbled on this from your Facebook post and have been thinking about a word on my runs lately and thought that i really should sign up for your class. Jan 1 is tomorrow! So now I have my word in my head and mind and really don't have a lot of time for scrapbooking or blogging, but thought it would be a great creative outlet for my writing and speaking. What do you think?

19. Terri

2011-01-01 08:51:25 -0600

Solace. I need it and I need to give it this year. It's going to be a challenge. Thanks for offering the BPS class; I think it's going to help me allow my word to enter my life and stay there.

20. Chris Z

2011-01-03 06:49:15 -0600

I heard about this class on New Year's Day while I was at a crop. A number of my friends are taking this class and we are planning to meet monthly to share our progress.

This class has incredible meaning for me right now. My 19 year old son was tragically killed in an automobile accident a few weeks ago. There are no words to describe the pain of burying your child. But there are also no words to describe the love and compassion of family and friends during this time either. I was so proud to see how my son had touched so many in his short life.

As I begin this incredibly difficult journey of grieving and healing with my loved ones, my word for this year is comfort. I will try to find it for myself, his girlfriend, my husband, his siblings and his many family and friends.

21. Patti

2011-01-03 17:06:33 -0600

I think my word should be 'time'. Nearly every day something happens that reminds me of how short time can be or how quickly it passes. It would be a good thing for me to be more aware of spending it wisely and thoughtfully.

22. Dineen

2011-01-05 22:34:05 -0600

My word is "Believe" it scares me and also inspires me. I am excited about this journey

* edited 08/11/14 08:23AM
  23. I’m a total ‘Joiner’ | CaroleMac Blog's it!

2011-02-23 19:32:30 -0600

[...] now, I am in Ali’s One lil Word, Karen G’s Embrace imperfection – both offered by BigPictureClasses as well [...]

24. Ms. Kathleen

2012-01-25 11:14:49 -0600

Came over from Uplifting Words who is hosting My One Word Wednesday...

My word in contentment for 2012.

25. Ms. Kathleen

2012-01-25 11:15:11 -0600

Came over from Uplifting Words who is hosting My One Word Wednesday...

My word is contentment for 2012.