Project Life | Week Nineteen

Welcome to Project Life | Week Nineteen

First off, I'm still totally amazed that I've kept with this for nineteen weeks. I don't think I've every maintained a project like this consistently for anywhere close to this amount of time (except maybe this blog).

Do I still love it? Yes. Absolutely.

Lots of photos for Week Nineteen - including some cropped to fit the small pockets.

As some of you might have read in my big photo post last week, I go through phases with my photo taking. Lately I've been back "on" again - really loving seeing life through the lens. It feels good to be connecting with my eyes/head/heart again in that way.

The "put on your happy life" is cut from an Old Navy magazine ad. Totally tore that one out immediately.

That bottom photo of toast, strawberries and kiwi was taken with my iphone.

Little tabs are cut from tags from Bananafish Studio. Looks like she just recently updated her shop again - lots of goodies to be found.

This week I also included a photo and some words my Mom emailed me (the bottom yellow flowers). The journal card above includes text from Daily Word. My Mom emails me something related to my One Little Word "light" almost everyday. Love you Mom.

Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The album kit (similar to the one I’m using) is available for purchase through Amazon. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life here.

1. Kristyn

2011-05-17 07:42:57 +0800

Thanks for continuing to inspire me to get caught up with my own PL!! I love how you're making this project your own!!

2. Pam

2011-05-17 08:11:38 +0800

thanks for inspiring me once again with your use of product. I am always surprised by how much your layouts inspire me when our styles are so different. But your layouts always have the quality i look for most in scrapbooking - meaning. Just got a whole bunch of banana fish stuff too.

3. Damiane Lucas

2011-05-17 08:38:29 +0800

Delicious PL album, Ali! Your inspiration keeps me going!

4. Jeannette

2011-05-17 08:59:53 +0800

Ali, I know you do a lot of printing at home. DO you ever worry about the "longevity" of your printed pics from home vs. having them printed from "Pro printing" service (i.e. scrapbookpictures.com, etc)
    I think that's what prevented me from keeping up w/ my 365 project originally...I was worried about the "archivalness" of printing from home...but that is more convenient in terms of keeping up with a project like this (for me anyways)

5. Jill B

2011-05-17 09:35:16 +0800

I don't worry about the archival quality, more the volume of ink I use. When I did the Dec. Daily I printed at home and then my husband bought me the same printer you have for xmas. My question is approx how many, say 8x10 prints, do you make before you replace your ink? Do you print on the "best" quality or the "normal" quality? Never sure. I know it is personal preferences, however I am just never as happy with the way my prints at home look. It can't be the equipment, because most of it is new. Thanks for the input.

6. Debbie S.

2011-05-17 10:27:52 +0800

Good on ya! I spent today catching up the last 2 weeks. I always end up looking over the whole thing again and loving it. Love yours, too. Love how it looks when you don't have every photo with a person in it. I am hoping to get a week or two like that soon...maybe this summer. Anyway...ALL cool. Love the photos into the sun.

7. Barb

2011-05-17 11:11:01 +0800

Love the sweet words you included from your mom. Just this week I added a picture and a text that a friend sent me. Words and pictures from other people are a big part of my life. It felt right to start including them in my Project.

8. Sara

2011-05-17 11:31:00 +0800

Love this project! So impressed and inspired with all the bits of life that you capture.

9. Paula in Australia

2011-05-17 12:26:30 +0800

Hey Ali your PL is amazing. I have just caught up on about 3 weeks in one go and am just wondering how you keep up with your journalling and your bits of ephemera? Do you do it as you have a story to tell and slip it into the album?

I am finding the photo's are the easy part but I am struggling with the journalling. I know there is no rules but do your photo's match your journalling or are your journalled stories always different from your photo's and you let the photo's tell a story?

Thanks Paula

10. Susie Leggett

2011-05-17 12:47:45 +0800

Ali, this is just beautiful. I love seeing your project life posts each week. Lots of inspiration for capturing simple everyday stuff. I've also loved watching your garden come alive this spring through the photos you've captured. Gardening is definitely in my top three, right behind photography and scrapbooking. It is such a joy to watch things GROW and BLOOM. Enjoy.

11. Gypsy Chaos

2011-05-17 13:32:29 +0800

Ali, will you stop being amazed when you've completed 52 weeks? ; )

I'm slowing down a bit - probably because high school graduation is just around the corner; that's the huge milestone that led me to doing PL in the first place.

I've been faithful since Sept 1, 2010. I don't think I'm losing interest. It's merely the looming arrival of graduation that has me freaked!

12. Stacey K

2011-05-17 17:50:40 +0800

I love that this week has only a little bit of journaling. I have a little catch up to do & now I'm not going to stress if there isn't as much journaling as other weeks. Thanks for the inspiration.

13. dawn

2011-05-17 18:00:17 +0800

Ali, I'm amazed every week with my PL and how good I've been staying caught up too. This is the best year out of the 3 years I've done. So happy you included your beautiful flower pictures big and cropped in this week. My favorite picture of course is that sweet Anna having a picnic outside. Good job on keeping up and we know how busy you are so you should be very pleased with yourself. Have another great week.

14. Michelle L

2011-05-17 21:22:51 +0800

All your weeks are very cool but I think this one is my favorite so far! I don't keep up with it weekly but I do about one a month. I'm hoping to get a photo printer so I can print out my photos daily. I think that would really help.
    Also, I'm completely hooked on Bananafish Studio! Thanks for that!

15. Anne-Marie

2011-05-17 22:06:18 +0800

Ok, so far this has worked for me. I have a notepad that I keep out on my desk and each day I jot down a few things we have done that day. Next to it, I write "Pic-....." and write what the picture for the day is. Any memorabelia I want to include I put in a folder (got the idea from Ali-thanks!). That's it. I typically don't even put things in the album weekly. I do it all at once when I've gotten my pictures picked up. Just a thought...

16. borcherding

2011-05-17 22:43:05 +0800

Every time you post your album I keep telling myself that I WILL do this project next year!! Absolutely LOVE it!!

17. Suzie Perrie

2011-05-17 23:28:30 +0800

I love looking at these. I love how you document daily life. I love how willing you are to share your thoughts, processes, frustrations and what really inspires you at the moment. Mostly I love how you encourage everyone to be authentic to themselves. THANK YOU!

18. Melissa

2011-05-18 02:49:38 +0800

CONGRATS on the 19 week mark!!
    I had done PL (fka P365) in 2009 but didn't in 2010 and really missed it. So I purchased one of each kit and plan on doing both 2010 and 2011. My son was hospitalized for almost 3mo at the beginning of the year so that brought everything but the photo taking to a screeching halt. And guess what? I THINK I'M STILL GONNA MAKE IT!! By the end of this year I know that I'll have 2011 caught up and most, if not all, of 2010.
    It's so darned gratifying.
    'Caught my 8yo looking through the 2009 version the other day and she was MESMERIZED by it for hours. That alone is enough to keep me plugging away.
    YAY FOR US!! :D

19. Wendy S

2011-05-18 03:41:23 +0800

Love looking at your PL posts. I did PL digitally both for 2010 and now 2011. I find taking the photos to be the easy part. The time consuming part is photo editing,selecting & journaling. I love how you balance every day life photos of things and family. Taking so many photos, I almost always have a photo of one of my children. I have a hard time not using those photos and instead using the object/thing photo. When looking at yours, I wish I would go your route more often. I find my journaling becomes my daily notes of what we did each day. Any recommendations on how to get away from this and realize that every little detail is not important. It's hard for me to step back and see the big picture. Also I've found that I don't have time for any other scrap projects other than keeping up on PL. Kind of miss that, but love knowing PL is always up to date.

20. Raylene

2011-05-18 07:09:56 +0800

This is my first year with the "live" album, also known as the old fashioned scrapbook type. (The past two years I have done totally digital). I really, really love this method. It's a BIG book, but I love printing photos off every couple of days. My PL project has turned out to be mostly photos. I fill the 3x4 pockets with photos most of the time. Loving it! I am keeping up this my third year:)

21. Denise KC

2011-05-18 20:43:17 +0800

I love your work. Thanks to your-keeping-up with-it and continuous posting, I've been inspired to work on mine. Finishing up last year's and catching up with this year's. I love your photos. What setting do you use on your camera to take pictures of objects? ie. the cupcakes and the side-by-side plant and flower photos?
    Your breakfast looks good! What's on your toast?

22. Jen

2011-05-18 21:51:59 +0800

Good job sticking with it!! I did it last year and I found it to be addidictive - I felt very in tune with all the little things I often overlooked. What I liked best was seeing how things changed - small example was my window boxes - filled with snow, then empty, filled with small plants, then overflowing with life and color, then dry, back to snow. After the year ended - I mourned it being over a bit - I had become so used to hunting for little treasures, stories, pictures. I knew I didn't want to keep going for another year because I didn't want it to turn into a "chore" - so now I do a month review but I already treasure what I captured last year and I know I will do it again in a few more years.

23. deborah

2011-05-18 23:20:17 +0800

Your posts are very inspiring, but I find that I'm still collecting stuff and not actually getting it into the album. I'm thinking that maybe I need to have a specific time set aside to just put it together and call it done. Maybe Mon. evenings? I don't know if I have any totally complete weeks. I think that maybe I should just start with this week, then go back at some other time.

How do you find the time to put it all together? Any advice is appreciated!

24. Mbavhalelo

2011-05-23 16:54:15 +0800

25. Mbavhalelo

2011-05-23 16:56:03 +0800

I love how willing you are to share your thoughts.They are so inspiring.I always see success in everything i do everyday.you put your words together,they make more sense.you just took me to another level of life,A level where success is the the first priority.Please visit http://www.inspireweb.com for more interesting and inspiring words and stories.