Love These | Memory Keepers

Last week I put in an order for two Memory Keepers from Paper Coterie.

I loved the idea of them - a personalized box to store special keepsakes, papers, artwork, etc. I loved the full-photo option. I was hoping that they would be as cool as I imagined...I think they just might be cooler.

The process of choosing a design, uploading, and adjusting the elements to make it my own was simple and easy. I received great customer service via chat their online chat when I had a question about the cropping of one of my photos.

Here's what they looked like on my screen after I put in my order. One for Anna...

And one for Simon...

And here's what they look like in "real" life:

I removed the background pattern from the initial design and chose a plain background (I started with the Diagonal Stripe design). They have a really nice selection of fonts to choose from, including one of my favorites Avenir. I really like that you can place a title/text on the spine - great for storing them standing up.

The black linen inside:

Here's one where you can see the sizing (love the size):

They are 9.75 inches wide x 13 inches tall x about 2 inches deep.

I chose to write the kids names and 2011-2012 with the intent of putting things in there for this upcoming school year. Not sure I really want an annual collection of boxes but it's a good place to begin.

I could definitely imagine doing more of these. Maybe one with a collage of heritage photos to hold special family keepsakes or a collage of baby images and storing some of those baby things that haven't yet made it into a scrapbook (or are really just too bulky to go in an album).

Super excited about these and can't wait to start putting special things inside.

I looked around on their site and see that they are currently offering everyone $40 to spend during their ‘Begin Anywhere’ event this month by entering the code: beginanywhere. Shipping is not included. Code is valid August 1 – 31.

1. Roberta

2011-08-18 16:09:54 -0400

Hey Ali...I'm so excited because I just got my boxes in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to blog about it ;) I had no trouble with their site at all and so happy with the final product.

Thanks so much for the inspiration!

2. liz

2011-08-19 04:54:53 -0400

OMIGOSH Ali! The boxes are incredible! I love that you went with the full photo spread (great photo choices too), it's so classic and elegant. I'm so in love. Tonight I was just wondering how I should go about storing keepsakes for audrey - like the dress that my mom made for her. This box may be just the thing!

And thanks for that last photo of you holding the box, had no idea it was that big. It's so perfect!

3. La'son

2011-08-19 10:54:05 -0400

Wow. Those are fantastic! Thanks for sharing, Ali.

4. Scrapbooking Ideas

2011-08-23 02:56:32 -0400

This is definitely cool! Awesome! For the past days I have been thinking of which gift would be nice or a friend and I think this would be great! Thanks for sharing!

5. Margot Madison

2011-08-29 13:49:32 -0400

Woah! That's brilliant! Thanks for the link!

6. Bianca

2011-08-30 08:31:44 -0400

You know how you sometimes muse about really needing something specific (for an important application) but don't think it actually exists? Then I visited your blog and as if god-send this link and the code was exactly what I was looking for - ordering now! Thank you!!

7. PaulaPerk

2011-09-16 19:01:07 -0400

Thank you for this post! I ordered 3 Memory Keepers for Christmas gifts- I LOVE them! So easy to use the program and the boxes came out great. Thanks for sharing.

8. Elisha

2013-02-09 10:20:28 -0500

As we all know, looks can be deceiving, so I decided to try out the
    question tool for myself. If the executives promise high traffic then understand you are talking with
    a non-SEO person. Search engine marketing (SEM) is an essential
    a part of any site promotion strategy. The only thing that cannot be "fixed" later is your blog and post titles.
    SEO must be implemented by following a step by step process.
    There are so many good blogs out there, and if you're one of those writers, you definitely know how important it is that your site gets heard through all of the noise. Some SEO firms focus on content spinning and submitting articles. There are many tools online to help you research relevant keywords, such as the Google Adwords Keyword Tool. The businesses have understood the need to take SEO services for attaining good search engine placement. What are the advantages of article submission. Arrange the H1, H2 and H3 tags serially with proper hierarchy. Still hanging on. Let us assume that at this point you have 6 keywords. Such services also include some research that will need to be done so they can apply this research on major keyword. This was the beginning of the thought process for my new business. Why. In fact, soon, not using RDFa could put a site at a disadvantage. But be aware of the traffic issue. You need the keyword and phrase in both title and description. If customers like what they see, they just might go on reading.

9. Ebony

2013-04-28 09:20:41 -0400

The new EP Pure Wet is a masterclass in experimental baselines and echoey, breathy vocals all underpinned
    by varying funk and R&B-based rhythms. At a bargain 100
    bolivianos for 4 hours, they have enough power to
    get 2 gringo-sized riders up the local hills. This was a live performance recorded by Dutch national television, 2 April 2011 (therefore it isn't fully cough free), by four pianists: Elisabeth Bergmann, Marcel Bergmann, Sandra van Veen, and Jeroen van Veen.

10. kostenlos spielen

2013-04-28 16:52:51 -0400

Upon examining some etymological dictionaries, one can conclude that games are a
    creative expression of the human spirit through the creation of an activity that has an entertaining, instructive and competing element.
    they simply need to learn that you will not be able to appease everyone of
    your player-base. As ever we strive to help our customers
    make informed decisions and understand where their r4 cards are coming from.

11. please click The following internet page

2013-04-28 18:39:31 -0400

Similar to the cue ball that is shot in pools;
    this game involves coins and strikers that are essential to play carrom game.
    At the same time, web games seemed like the future of gaming, and we wanted to
    be a part of it. t love the unself-conscious little boy or girl,
    the undaunted miniature explorer who moves with unbridled enthusiasm to experience life.

12. Nadia

2013-05-09 01:44:14 -0400

Media Composer prides itself as being one of the fastest video editing applications available.
    The song will be released with her latest and self-titled album,
    “Demi,” in May. What they do care about is how the search entries, such as “
    cosmetic dentistry your town” match with the key phrases on your video, so that they can give the public exactly what it wants.

13. click the following page - vinelandnj.net

2013-05-11 16:58:05 -0400

Once you have done this, set the burn speed to 4x and click
    Burn and wait for it to complete. Imagine never
    having to worry about what to wear to work, and even the infuriating traffic jams that never
    seem to end. The most unique thing about Ouya is that it is said to
    be "open" -- although what this means is up for interpretation.

14. online Radio

2013-05-13 22:50:23 -0400

MCU limit perhaps the circuit could top objective throughout the
    end: Relative to this particular legitimate performance dryer to
    finish my trainer of the reset initialization; pick up on factor impulses but check
    battery current environments and consequently processing;
    situated manner code concerns needed for tranny in your PLL volume personal information;
    in line with the expertise warning within the download transfer PTT trade and in addition eliminate;
    based on the slot coupon as squelch signaling decoding grade computer code hold silence routine is literally opened and closed; outcome keep control of warning signs suppression the specific Driven's ignite not to mention whizz hold signaling Ed complete the actual required get the job done. These gadgets also have USB ports where you can also connect any device you have. Given the manner in which the internet and the World Wide Web have invaded our lives over the past many years, it is hardly surprising that music or rather the radio would be one of the areas being dominated by the internet.

15. Internetradio

2013-05-14 05:30:21 -0400

This is because it gives you more precise targeting opportunities, lets you combine audio ads with synchronized banners and
    buttons to maximize visibility and retain attention, lets
    your listeners take an immediate action (after all, they are only a click away from your site)
    and puts you in control of your advertising campaign (you can pay the service provider on the basis of the actual number of impressions).

Helix Server Basic Free streaming media server software which can distribute live and on-demand video and other media.
    Raima has options to limit individual file sizes in the
    preferences dialog.

16. Fredrick

2013-05-14 08:18:51 -0400

"Worked All Zones Award" is the same concept with time
    zones. Often, long term schedules with a bit of breathing room
    work best. You will need an outside antenna to get clear reception on your radio.

17. Justina

2013-05-29 22:55:40 -0400

After a long hectic busy day, games plays an important role to relax frayed nerves, scorched eyes and tired ears.

It is like trendy current topics where many people get online for competing on
    a multi-player games. For example, if you are a manufacturing
    company, you can use the characters of the game to show that they are watching your
    products.

18. Johnette

2013-06-07 01:16:15 -0400

Though the levels look really simple, they are actually quite challenging.

This means to sell your mods would be considered the
    same as pirating the game itself. Online gaming is a popular way
    to spend enjoyable time at a low cost for hours on end.

19. amature radio Q codes

2013-06-14 10:30:23 -0400

That's like Houston Texas being without a Country station. It was an entertaining radio program that played the music people wanted to hear combined with his groovy upbeat personality. What's more is that 2G phones can come in a tinier and slimmer package, even its batteries.

20. Charlie

2013-07-29 14:49:54 -0400

Break your 3 normal main meals into 5 smaller portion sizes - morning, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.
    Anyone who dares to make a closer inspection will find
    the underlying difference. The institution has persistently offered
    ideal programs and services for those struggling to achieve certain levels
    of body weight.

21. Back to School |

2013-08-24 15:01:37 -0400

[...] As we head into the start of school I’ve been thinking about and looking at ways to mark this time, remember it and scrap it. As a child we always had our picture taken on the first day of school outside in front of the house and I will definitely be doing that but what else???? I do a yearly birthday interview, maybe self portraits and handwriting samples? I’ve started searching pinterest for ideas. I love the idea of a single book that goes from K-12th where everything is all together….. but there isn’t much room in those….. maybe a book for each school year? Or maybe the memory boxes I’ve been doing for each year ….http://aliedwards.com/2011/08/love-these-memory-keepers.html [...]

22. artsia.com

2013-11-15 13:17:08 -0500

The programmer also may want to ensure that there is
    a method of activating the program should something go wrong with the authentication procedure that is being built into the application.
    amount, you will be able to start your work from home business and
    earn money online. Do you want a business you can sell out profitably tomorrow.

23. google

2013-12-30 10:07:55 -0500

Getting to the top, especially if the amount of competition for your specific
    keywords is high, you might want to focus on other techniques to help you in the interim and that will also
    assist you with your rankings, such as link building.

'The law states that the device must 'be operating' to warrant a citation.
    If panoramic views are available, a red circle with "360" will appear on the map.

24. Meredith

2014-02-19 13:25:23 -0500

I love these! I just tried to place an order and the website no longer exists. I wonder why the company went out of business! Bummer!

25. Maura

2014-06-10 21:47:11 -0400

I also tried to order these but Paper Coterie is out of business! I wish I knew where I could order something like this!