Organizing Studio AE/Technique Tuesday Stamps

IMG_6478

As I worked on cleaning up my office last week I finally had a chance to get my newer Technique Tuesday stamps organized.

Currently I'm storing all my Studio AE (monthly stamp club) and other stamps I've designed for Technique Tuesday in this little metal basket that I think came from Target at some point over the years.

organizing technique tuesday stamps
Are We There Yet? ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com )

I removed all the sets from their packaging (I leave the thin plastic that lays on top of the stamp sheet in place) and attached Avery 2-inch index tabs with the name or theme of the stamps. This is making them so much easier to see, grab and use. I moved stamps around/lifted them up to accommodate the adhesives on the index tabs.

organizing technique tuesday stamps

This could work in a small basket or box too.

organizing technique tuesday stamps

In the past Technique Tuesday packaging used 8.5x11 sheets (they are all now being produced on the smaller sheets - same number of stamps just different packaging).

organizing technique tuesday stamps

I keep these sets together using giant binder rings.

organizing technique tuesday stamps
Life In Pictures ( Two Peas | Scrapbook.com )

They could definitely be stored inside an 8.5x11 album (which I'm pretty sure was the original intent) but I've found this is more accessible for me.

organizing technique tuesday stamps

They hang on the side of my work table for easy access.

I use a variety of different stamps. Here's where some of the others are currently stored:

IMG_6669

Many of my wood mounted stamps are in bags in this box that sits on a low shelf. They need to be pulled out and put somewhere more accessible because it's too easy to forget they are there.

IMG_6671

Other clear stamps are currently in this drawer (part of a six drawer unit of supplies - from Ikea).

IMG_6675

And a few others are stored inside my lockers (both in the basket and next to it). You can see that's where I keep my inks too. I also have a few larger stamps that are in a wall-shelf-unit that I couldn't get a good photo of right now.

What's your favorite way to store stamps?

1. vanessa

2011-09-09 05:31:06 -0700

Great idea for the stamps.

2. Camille

2011-09-09 05:55:48 -0700

I have tried to unmount all of my wood stamps. ( Some stamps are just nicer on the wood) I converted to the new Stampin Up cases that are dvd size and attach a piece of paper with the stamped images of the stamps in the cases to the box.I bought square baskets and divided the stamps up into themes then tagged the basket and can just pull out which basket I need. You wouldn't believe have much room this has saved and how easy it is to find what I need. I still have some acrylics in a binder, but as soon as I get more cases, in they go. Doing this has also helped me cull out what is outdated or unused and I feel so organized.

3. April W

2011-09-09 06:04:31 -0700

Thank you so much for this post Ali! I've been doing alot of organizing in my space lately and have wanted to come up with a better storage solution for my stamps. I use clear CD cases right now but they're taking over! Thanks for the inspiration. ;)
    - April W

4. Karen

2011-09-09 06:23:58 -0700

Love this post! I'm in the process of re-creating my scrapbook space since moving and would love to see more of your space. Ali, could you perhaps spotlight a certain area/storage of your supplies on a regular basis? Punches, paper, embellishments, etc.?

5. Laura

2011-09-09 07:00:10 -0700

i really like the basket with your clear stamps tabbed to find easily i am going to do that with mine. i found your stamps at Archiver's in Boise last time i was there and i did a happy dance!! i bought my niece the 'sweet baby' set for her baby shower and she LOVED it. you make such heartfelt stamp sets that it makes easier to journal and tell the story from the heart!

6. Sarah Jay

2011-09-09 07:07:57 -0700

Most of my clear stamps are in their original clear packaging, sitting upright in CD/DVD storage boxes similar to yours so that I can flip through them. I've been using Tim Holtz's stamp storage folders for a brand that comes without the clear envelopes. I considered switching everything over to the TH folders, but found that I "see" stamps in my mind with the original packaging, not just the name.

My wood stamps are stored two ways: by category/set in Stampin' Up and Stampendous plastic boxes and in an old printer's tray. I love the tray, but it only holds the smallest stamps and takes up a lot of valuable wall space.

7. Jen Demmon

2011-09-09 08:39:07 -0700

I use big note books for my acrylic stamps for the technique Tuesday and the Fawn Lawn I used my page protectors for 4X6 photos and put them in that way (I've attached little velcro dots to the top slots on the pages so they don't fall out (that happened a few times). I use the baseball card page protectors for the really small stamps (from the cocoa daisy monthly kits, etc). So far it is working but I do have 6 binders so far (yikes). Ali, one (2.5 inch) binder is dedicated to your stamps (and it is full)! Wood stamps are in shallow drawers by topic (for the most part). Although some days it feels like I'm going on a scavenger hunt looking for the perfect stamp for a layout (nice problem to have I guess).

Ali, thanks for the organization ideas! Keep them coming!

8. Barbara

2011-09-09 16:31:02 -0700

I love all the ideas. I would like to see photos of peoples ideas. I'm working on organizing my scrapbooking supplies so that I can be more productive when I sit down to scrapbook. I would love to hear ideas for organizing other accessories too.

I love reading your blog and gaining new ideas for my own scrapbooking/photography. I joined Studio AE so that I would have something fun to look forward to every month! THANKS ALI!!

9. P.J.

2011-09-09 20:54:18 -0700

I've used large pizza boxes (new, clean ones). I divided all my stamps per catagory--animals, plants & flowers, words, people etc. When I put this all together I stamped each stamp on a sheet of paper. Only stamps that go in the same box are on that sheet. I labeled the stamped sheet(s) and a box the same (ie - plants #1). Now all I have to do is go to my stamp notebook, find the stamp I want, then get the right box and there it is.

10. jesa

2011-09-09 21:26:14 -0700

I don't have too many stamps but the ones I do have are stored in Sterilite mini drawers labeled by category (shapes,animals, people,sentiments, etc.). I am able to both see stamps and easily access the type I want to use for each project.

11. Tracey Caudle

2011-09-09 21:26:21 -0700

I only have a few wood mounted stamp sets, and I do not have any acrylic sets yet, only one or two single stamps here and there. Most of my stamps are rubber cling mounts. As an Stampin' UP! demo, most of my cling mounts are already nicely packaged in a clear DVD case. They also sell empty ones, which I store my wood mount converts in. I imagine I would probably do something similar with any acrylic stamps I may accumulate in the future, :)

12. Mary Cardini-Anderson

2011-09-09 22:57:49 -0700

Love the way thatyou have stored your smaller stamps using the Avery index tabs and using the small basket.
    I keep my clear stamps and cling stamps in big white binders. Each company I buy from has thier own binder(s). My SU clear sets come in DVD cases so I store them in black metal DVD stands. As for my wood mounted......I keep them downstairs on shelves that are mounted to one of my walls. Thanks for sharing all that you do. :)

Mary

13. Sharon W.

2011-09-10 10:02:18 -0700

Great ideas. This is something I'm struggling with right now. When I make a card I usually just pull out a set of stamps and make the card from there. Now that I'm buying stamps to use more in my scrapbooking than my stamping I'm having issues storing and indexing them so I don't forget what I have. You guys have given me something to think about.

14. Roberta

2011-09-13 12:21:30 -0700

My clear stamps I store in CD Jewel Cases by style/subject and they are stacked in an IKEA CD storage bookcase alphabetically with labels on the ends for easy grab n'go access. My wooden stamps are stored in Highsmith corruboard boxes called "kit cases" that have handles for easy access and grab n'go access as well. They store two deep so that you can find the stamps easily and I sort them by subject matter and style as well...aka...journaling, holiday, celebrations, etc.

15. Cosima

2011-09-15 21:39:37 -0700

This is great! Thanks for sharing :)

16. Stamp Storage « my paper dreams

2011-09-22 04:28:10 -0700

[...] week later when Ali herself was cleaning her office she shared her solution. Perfection! I let the idea stew for a few days, since I don’t think I have a container the [...]

17. Mallory

2011-11-12 08:30:27 -0800

Love your 8.5x11 sheets of stamps on the large binder rings. Mine are in a binder but I don't like it because I am a "out of sight, out of mind" type of person. My wood mounted stamps are in those clear and white 3 drawer organizers from Target.

18. Georgia

2011-11-14 20:38:33 -0800

I use chalk board trays that I purchased from IKEA, mounted about 8 inches apart to hold my wooden stamps. This way I can see them and they look pretty on the wall. I also have a large collection of acrylic stamps from Close to My Heart. I use small CD storage bins that I purchased at a Dollar General to store them, the envelopes the CTMH stamps come in fit perfectly.

19. Beatriz Silva

2011-11-27 04:10:20 -0800

Hi Ali, this might be a lat post, but you are one of my favorite persons on organization matters. While I was reading your post above, came to my mind what could be a good idea.
    You like to separate or organize things on "subjects" or so, right? Why don't you separate your stamps in that way, then stamp on 8.5 x 11" cardstock, and then storage in a binder or like your technique tuesday stamps?
    That might work and you'll be aware of them & actually used them all... I'll try that though!! Ciao!

20. cards by cara

2012-03-18 22:45:42 -0700

Thanks for your inspiration! I just did a post of my stamp sets and used similar clear tabs to label all my sets. If feels so good to be organized!!

21. Bec Kilgore

2012-09-29 16:23:20 -0700

Is your organization system still the same? I was just curious as I am overhauling my studio.

22. Christine

2012-11-13 17:34:39 -0800

I know this is an older post but I just came across it and LOVE it. I want to find a little basket to put my technique tuesday stamps in. I just started buying these and already am happy with my little collection. Thanks for the inspiration as always.

23. business intelligence analyst

2014-02-05 14:00:20 -0800

Know that choosing a cloud-hosted BI tool doesn't change this equation.

Obscure BI is just such as typical company intelligence
    when it comes of the kinds of data integration
    and report creation/maintenance you are going to need. The lack of big up
    front mechanical and program investments in obscure BI can
    certainly be attractive to begin with, however because the provider commissions can dramatically surpass your hardware and software expenses of anyway,
    this will end up being kept in attitude. In addition to this,
    your serious mechanical horsepower (that is to say,
    CPU and also RAM) that enterprise-scale BI applications demand turn into
    far more expensive around time when compared to really purchasing the hardware your
    self.

my homepage; business intelligence analyst

24. Jackson

2014-02-05 19:27:32 -0800

1st Time in New York

Here is my web blog ... pinterest.com (Jackson)

25. Vent Cleaning

2014-02-12 17:20:19 -0800

At just first i did not believe that i had your
    techniques to employ on top of an activity similar to
    this by myself. Now it appears practical.

Here is my web page Vent Cleaning