Project Life | Week Thirty-Seven

project life | week thirty-seven

Welcome to Project Life | Week Thirty-Seven.

project life | week thirty-seven

As I was bringing it all together for this past week I was thinking about how wonderfully routine this project has become for me.

For thirty-seven weeks I've been tucking photos and words and the stuff of life into these little pockets.

I love this project.

It's been a very good routine.

project life | week thirty-seven

I was able to get a couple of the Missoni products from Target on Wednesday. A pair of shoes for Anna and a make-up bag for me. The Missoni tags were a simple thing to add to the first pocket.

project life | week thirty-seven

I included journaling from my What Is Real Right Now post as an insert. I also added a really lovely letterpress printed wedding invitation for my sister-in-law's wedding.

project life | week thirty-seven

This week I used these little tags (Avery Marking Tags) for labels on my photos. I've gotten to where I feel like the photos are almost naked without a few words added for context. These were stapled using the Tiny Attacher.

project life | week thirty-seven

I closed up volume 2 of 2011 this week and started a new We Are Memory Keepers black 12x12 album.

project life | week thirty-seven

project life | week thirty-seven

The first volume is January through mid-April. The second volume is mid-April through mid-September. The third will run me through the end of the year. After December I'll likely go back in and divide up the albums more evenly.

Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces of the album kit (similar to the one I’m using) are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life here.

1. Paulette Sarsfield

2011-09-20 11:34:34 -0400

It's all so good Ali! I'm just wondering if your plan is to do this every year or just every so often.. It would seem like a LOT of albums to collect over the years is all I'm thinking!?! Thanks for sharing :o)

2. Deb J

2011-09-20 12:55:17 -0400

I really enjoy seeing your Project Life albun. next year I have to do this.

3. Marsaille

2011-09-20 13:11:29 -0400

I wouldn't go back and divide them up more evenly! Don't create more work for yourself, Ali. There is more syncronicity with them the way they are, one flows to the next... leads you through it. Unless you don't have anything better to do. In that case, I could use some help around here. I am a good cook, and we could have tea.

4. ShellyJ

2011-09-20 13:13:58 -0400

I look forward to your update each week :)

5. sarah

2011-09-20 14:12:29 -0400

bread + jam for frances, as well as the other frances books, are one of my all time childhood favorites!

6. Amy

2011-09-20 16:09:23 -0400

Oh that is so good to know that you split up your Project Life! I just started mine on April 1st and it is already super, super full - will definitely be splitting mine up =0)

7. Stephanie George

2011-09-20 18:14:29 -0400

Hi Ali,

I was curious, I love how you are just taking your journaling straight from your website/blog and using it in your scrapbooking. But I noticed that typically on your blog you are talking to us/your audience, do you change any of the language when you put it in your albums, or just leave it as is? Along the same lines, do you envision your albums for yourself or for your children? Like for example, on your last entry about "What is Real Right Now" you say you and Chris are having a hard time and you ask for our prayers.... did you put that straight in the album? Also you say Anna is "more two than Simon ever was", I love that you are honest with us, but do you ever worry about Simon or Anna reading what you wrote? I hope this doesn't sound critical, because I'm not trying to be at all... I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the topic and how you generally approach some of these tough subjects. How do you decide how much you want to include and how you want to talk about it in your scrapbooks? I guess it's a journaling/diary vs. a scrapbooking type of question. Thanks in advance for any feedback, thoughts!

8. jennifer

2011-09-20 18:26:44 -0400

jennifer olson

how many albums are you going to do and are you going to buy all of the new stuff too

i'm going to buy all the new stuff too

9. Brandy

2011-09-20 19:22:56 -0400

I was wondering how you do the last page of the album (volume) when you split it, like what would be the single end page, do you do extra photos or cards to complete it? Also the start page to the next volume? I was thinking of just doing some photos and filler and journal cards of things pertaining to the end week, then the start week, in addition to the 2 page weekly spread. Family pics would not apply, since I am single, no kids. Just wondering what you do. You may have addressed this in an earlier post and I missed it. Thank you for all the inspiration!!!

10. samone

2011-09-20 23:53:14 -0400

love the little avery tags - great idea x.

11. Jen

2011-09-21 10:22:12 -0400

Hi Ali - i can't wait to see how you feel when it is done...I did it last year and I felt myself kind of "mourn" the project being done - I got so used to tucking odds and ends in albums/taking photos of things I don't "typically" capture. I took a break so I could appreciate it for what it was and started just capturing a month at a time not daily but I know I will do the daily again. It is a great project and I already cherish it so much. Thanks for posting your journey - it is encouraging to others to pick it up and run with it. Have a great day!!

12. JENNIFER OLSON

2011-09-21 10:37:56 -0400

jennifer olson

were do you get all of your page refill

13. Mikki McGehee

2011-09-21 10:45:58 -0400

I absolutely love seeing your Project Life albums each week. They are so inspiring! I love that you're sharing the products that have really brought your Project Life album to life.

14. borcherding

2011-09-21 11:54:00 -0400

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME...every time I read your posts I just get more and more excited about starting this project in January for the first time. I will say though, I am concerned about the about of TIME involved in this project. Most days when I walk in the door at 5:30 from work I am turning around and leaving for PTO meetings, Volleyball games, or who knows what else!! I WANT to do this so, so bad but I worry about having the actually time to do it all! Any tips you can pass on for a NEWBIE? Thanks Ali! Love everything you do and I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. :-) peace and blessings...

15. Christine H

2011-09-21 12:21:24 -0400

Love the tags! Going to have to steal that idea.

16. JENNIFER OLSON

2011-09-21 12:25:18 -0400

jennifer oldon said

where do you get all of your page refill

17. Joeynumber41

2011-09-21 15:24:27 -0400

Project Life is kinda tough for last week. My dad passed away on September 12th.

18. Caroline

2011-09-21 17:40:20 -0400

Hey Ali, I'm a long-time reader, first-time commenter :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your stuff. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for doing what you do and sharing so much of yourself with your readers.

I'm curious what made you choose to use the black leather 12 X 12 album for PL since your album organization posts show that you were using the linen albums. Any reason for the change?

19. Julie Lueck

2011-09-21 20:49:15 -0400

Oh, you are so good. I try to do daily, but since school started, I haven't even been journaling. The funny thing is my youngest just started Jr. Kindergarten. It seems I have been busier than ever with him gone.

On the storage part, I could sure use your help and fellow blog readers. I have been scrap booking and reading the mags since 1992. I am now getting a new scrap room. I am starting from scratch. I wanted to do counters with drawers, but everything out there seems to be kitchen counter height, not standard desk height. I have the chance to create my dream room, but I am having a hard time finding furniture. I really wish all the pictures on the web came with recipes. Help.

20. audra

2011-09-23 09:00:53 -0400

Hi Ali,
    I just wanted to thank you for posting your PL weekly - It's such a inspiration and encourages me and I'm sure many others to stick with it!

I have a question - regarding December Daily. Do you know when you will have a post on that regarding what format and supplies you might be using this year? I've played along the last couple years and hands down, it's my FAVORITE! It's so fun to break out the Christmas stuff ( I store it seperate from my regular scrap supplies) Really looking forward to it!

21. JENNIFER OLSON

2011-09-23 10:52:29 -0400

jennifer olson

are yo going to get a new project life album for you

and all of the new project life refill pages too

22. Janine Fox

2011-09-24 03:04:19 -0400

I apologise if this question has been asked before, but do you only use the one format of the photo pocket pages? I want to order some components of a kit but there are so many different ones to choose from now. You don't seem to ever use the ones that take portrait photos? Do you not really take photos in portrait?
    Janine

23. Mrs. V

2011-09-24 11:53:40 -0400

This seems like such a great project. I am not sure that I will be able to start it in 2012, but if not, I would definitely want to do it in 2013 once I get myself more organized for such an undertaking!

24. Vicmarie

2011-09-26 12:39:24 -0400

Ok. I've been wondering how to start. I've checked all the inspiring ideas but I'm still blank. I recognize that having children makes this whole experience easier and more funny. But I'm single, and I have no kids, so in what should I focus my week in the life project? Or what kind of project should I get involved in (besides getting a life) using these wonderful, feasible and budget-saver techniques? Thanks a lot!

25. Danielle Watt

2011-09-27 13:15:19 -0400

Hey Ali~ Is that a grey leather album I spy in one of the photos? Is that something current? I didn't think We R Memory Keepers had a grey one?!?!

I've been following closely to your Project Life posts this year and am very inspired and motivated to give it a go in 2012! Thanks for being such a constant source of inspiration!