One of the things Paolo and I had fun focusing on in Italy were sounds.
In this day and age there are so many opportunities to be a memory keeper of sounds (via iphone, camera, etc). I need to do this more with my kids. I love the idea of collecting everyday sounds, just like I document everyday stories.
In Italy there were so many things we overheard. Bike bells. Children’s voices. Wind. Glasses clinking. Laughter. The click of the shutter. Church bells. Footsteps in gravel. Accordions (and any street music). Silence.
I recorded a sunset at Montecatini Alto to share with you and added an audio clip of a musician to the beginning and end of the video that was recorded with my iphone in San Gimignano. We came across this guy as we walked up to the top of the town to get a view of the towers and the surrounding valley.
Hope you find yourself on a listening adventure this weekend.
Do you make enough time to care for yourself, to know yourself and to embrace your unique strengths, struggles and story?
That’s what the CRAFT is all about: carving out time to nurture your heart and soul in a most special way. You’ll tell your truth, and generate compassion and acceptance of exactly where you are right now. You’ll build on your strengths to gain the skills to keep expressing yourself fully and explore your life as you move into your future. Creating art about your heart’s desires, losses, fears and triumphs is key to bringing self-awareness, comfort and freedom to your world.
CRAFT is an intimate, luxurious, boutique, multimedia ART and SOUL retreat at the Annenberg Beach House in Santa Monica, CA, from November 11-13, 2011. You’ll spend a magical weekend focused on embracing who you truly are and gaining the skills, techniques and tools to use our craft to understand yourself more deeply on an ongoing basis.
- What Matters Most | Amy Tan’s workshop will have you thinking about what matters most in your life, and how to keep those things in focus and balance. She’ll empower you with her effortless approach to creating from your gut.
- Free Your Heart | Ly T. Le’s mixed media project will give you the opportunity to create a piece of highly dimensional art that will explore what makes you feel free, and how to access more of that feeling.
- Double Agent | This innovative folder project – a file of thoughts, ideas, hopes, and wishes – with Linda Barber will let you explore the faces you show the world, and the ones you don’t. Who are you now and who would you like to be? And how do the two coincide?
- 3D Vision | Paige Evans’ workshop will help you process an important life experience by looking at it from the vantage points of before it occurred, while it was happening, and after it was over. You’ll gain clarity, perspective and inner vision in this most enjoyable workshop.
- Bridging the Gap | Stacy Cohen’s project will prompt you to look at a past accomplishment and apply the skills you developed in reaching your goal to a future dream, bridging the gap from past to future.