Project Life | Week Forty-Two

Project Life | Week Forty-Two

Welcome to Project Life | Week Forty-Two.

Project Life | Week Forty-Two

Still can't believe I've kept up with this through the entire year.

But seriously so happy about it.

Project Life | Week Forty-Two

My camera took a pretty big break this week. Just a couple photos from working on my December Daily album. Definitely feeling inspired to pull it out again this week and see what I can see. The leaves are really insanely beautiful here right now and I want to get some shots of that before it's all gone.

Candy. Mathematics. Dairy packaging. Notes about Anna's preschool Open House and how a bunch of things around here are broken.

Project Life | Week Forty-Two

Simon received an award at school this week for "asking for help." It's one of his IEP goals and there's always a good celebration when he asks rather than letting his frustration escalate. Go Simon!
Project Life | Week Forty-Two

I asked Chris to write a little bit about teaching Simon to play chess. One of my favorite moments this past week was listening to Simon name off all the chess pieces and telling me where they can and can't move. Awesome skill...now I just need to learn how to play too.

Looking forward to family arriving this weekend for the Halloween holiday. All my nieces and nephews will be here again - need to work on my costume!

Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces of the album kit (similar to the one I’m using) are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life here.

1. Chris SB

2011-10-25 07:58:06 -0500

Ali, I've really enjoyed seeing your Project Life journey this year. Can you tell me which version of Project Life you are using? Thanks.

2. Jen

2011-10-25 08:01:56 -0500

Ali, thank you for taking the time to continue to share your PL with us. Always look forward to seeing what you have done.

Any idea when you'll share your foundation pages for the DD? Dying to see.

Thanks again.

3. Lisa W.

2011-10-25 08:14:07 -0500

Pure simple...LOVE! Thanks for sharing:)

4. ShellyJ

2011-10-25 09:45:08 -0500

I just love that you share with all of us :) THank you! And I was just wondering if you and TT are going to be putting out another December Daily stamp set for 2011? Thanks!

5. Wendy

2011-10-25 10:33:48 -0500

I just love your Project Life posts! Thank you for taking the time to post them. So inspirational.

6. Monica L.

2011-10-25 10:54:12 -0500

I might try to do this wonderful project next year. Thanks for the inspiration Ali!!!!

7. TaraMcK

2011-10-25 11:19:30 -0500

Thanks for always sharing this, totally motivates me to keep going!

8. slmnontec

2011-10-25 11:22:29 -0500

I love flipping back through my PL for the year and looking at one day of the week (say Saturday) and seeing what we were doing. You can see the seasons change in just 40 pages or so!

December Daily question: I've done this project for 3 years. My only daughter is grown and moved out of our home. I have the same decoratons as in previous years. We live in the same house. We do the same things. Even the neighborhood is the same, outdoor lights, festivities, etc. Any ideas on a "new" way to document the sameness of Christmas? Thanks.

9. Emily M in ABQ

2011-10-25 11:42:01 -0500

FYI, on the party invite pic there is a clear number & address for some kid. You might wanna blur that out, just for privacy's sake....

10. Libbi M.

2011-10-25 12:31:17 -0500

thank you so much for keeping up with your p.l. posts. you keep me inspired. i started p.l. in early february and have kept up to date. just like you, i absolutely love the simple process. i can't wait to order one of becky higgins new kits for 2012 and i really hope you continue to show your process with us next year. thank you so very much ali!

11. Tere

2011-10-25 13:39:02 -0500

You are so inspiring Ali. I am waiting so patiently for Clementine to be available. You have to know that I focused in as much as I could to see your DD table display.....I see stars!! Even (I think) an old school box of stars.

12. Queen Mary

2011-10-25 13:39:25 -0500

Ali, thanks for ans. #11 -- I too am at that "awkward age" when kids are grown and no grandkids! :) I love seeing Simon's math work! Charlie was always so good at math he never showed his work, I still thank God for the 6th grade teacher who came up with a test every kid could take if they wanted, and if they passed it, didn't have to show their work. Only Charlie took it and passed, but it saved us so much heartache because he and we no longer had to deal with the anguish of having to show his work that he did in his head! Now he's interviewing kids "on the spectrum" for his PhD research! I'm so proud of him! I'm so proud of my daughter too, I am so blessed! So next year I think I may try this PL project and do the whole thing as a gratitude album!!

13. Maria

2011-10-25 14:18:36 -0500

Thank you so much for posting your PL layouts. They have definitely been an inspiration for me! This year I started collecting little bits and pieces to add, I love the look of adding the everyday ephemera. Looking through your PL helps me remember that it's OKAY to not have a photo from every.single.day, or that it's okay not to write a detailed "what we did today" on every journal card. And your photos push me to try shooting from different angles and perspectives. Thank you so much.

I feel your blog posts are coming from a happier place than a few weeks ago - I hope this is true. Praying for peace, joy and re-connections for you.

14. Niki Estes

2011-10-25 14:19:15 -0500

Ali, I absolutely love your Project Life album. Your scrapbook style is similar to mine so I love getting inspiration from you. Quick question: When you add sticker labels to your photos, do you add them directly to the photo or to the page protector? Just curious. Thanks!

15. Claire

2011-10-25 14:40:27 -0500

Thank you so much for sharing your Project Life pages. You really are an inspiration for me to keep going. I can't believe I have kept it up all year. I can't wait for the Cobalt and Clementine editions. They have me so excited for Project Life 2012!

16. Debbie S.

2011-10-25 15:36:11 -0500

Check out Martha's costumes. Cool ones this year. I'm doing the Monster Girl. Happy Halloween!

17. MamPug

2011-10-25 15:54:16 -0500

How can we join your monthly stamp club?

18. effie

2011-10-25 15:54:46 -0500

I too am waiting (im)patiently for next year's Clementine kit! Just wanted to say thanks for posting your week's ... I get periodically uninspired/busy and seeing what others do always helps get me back to printing pictures (or taking the TO print) and getting them in my album!

Plus looking ahead to next year and thinking about what worked for me this year and what didn't, and what I might want to do differently.

Anyway .... thanks for all the inspiration!!!!

19. Brooke

2011-10-25 18:10:06 -0500

Ali, I always love your writing. Is it in the same style you had since school or have you tweaked it a little so it looks nicer in journaling? Trying to embrace my handwriting but it still looks odd to me!

20. JENNIFER OLSON

2011-10-25 20:27:57 -0500

jennifer olson

what photo protectors do you get for your project life

21. Juli

2011-10-25 21:03:26 -0500

Ali - I look forward to your weekly PL posts. They keep me inspired to continue working in my book as well. For those of you that are waiting for Jan 1 to come to start a book - why? Start now!!! Seriously! I started the last week in Septmeber because I was excited them about the project. It's worked out beautifully and I'm really looking forward to using it during the holidays to capture all the everyday fun things that happen.

22. Denise KC

2011-10-25 21:13:39 -0500

Hi Ali,
    Love your Project Life album and pretty much everything else you do!!
    Are you doing Project Life again next year? Will you be using any of Becky's journaling and index cards? If so, just our of curiosity, which ones?
    Also, just wanted to say that, my daughter Dreidynn is the same age as Simon and she to is learning how to play chess with her dad. It's so cute to see how, through the years, there've been lot of similarities in their interests! Thanks for sharing your family with all of us :)
    Can't wait to see your DD pages!

23. Gretchen Knutson

2011-10-26 11:11:56 -0500

Hi Ali-
    I am TOTALLY gonna use my Project 365 next year!
    I have been loving seeing what you have done with it.
    On a totally diffrent note, have you ever visited the bravegirls website? It is so inspirational and really seems to always speak to me personally. I think you would really love it :)
    Have a great Halloween!
    Gretchen

24. JENNIFER OLSON

2011-10-26 16:43:47 -0500

jennifer olson

what new project life are you going to get get two

i'm going to get the cobalt and the clementine too

25. Beatrice

2011-10-29 03:50:13 -0500

Hi Ali,

You seem happier :) makes me happy :)

I've always been excited to try doing PL. This year was very challenging, but I'm hoping I can try next year.

I may have just missed it, but is there a link to where I can buy it?

Thanks and so looking forward to seeing your DD's!

Beatrice