Project Life | Week Forty-Six

Welcome to Project Life | Week Forty-Six.

I feel a bit like this week was a calm before the storm of the holidays week.

Chris and I observed Simon during part of his school day which was a very informative experience. I loved watching him interact with one of his main teachers and was excited to get a shot of the two of them working together (I'm not sure that I have any other photos of the two of them together and she's had a major positive role in his educational experience in grade school).

One insert this week - a 6x12 page protector with a bit of the top trimmed off to fit the recognition card Simon brought home from school.

On the back I slipped in a printed email Chris sent me about Anna wanting ear-rings because she's a big girl and didn't have an "askidents" at school.

A receipt from parking at the library, a piece of a Spanish coloring sheet Anna brought home from school, a tag from some jeans, a couple photos from my weekend, a response to one of my tweets from my friend Karen about Simon's "sparkle" and a couple photos of everyday life with the kids round out the week.

I also wanted to highlight a great post this week from Michelle Wooderson (part of the new Project Life Creative Team): Project Life | On Getting Behind, Getting Caught Up.

SUPPLIES | WEEK 46

Click on the images to link to the products.

Project Life is a product created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life here.

1. dawn

2011-11-23 06:38:31 -0500

Great week Ali, so happy for Simon!!

2. Jenni Hufford

2011-11-23 08:12:55 -0500

such a great week of documentation, as always ali! I love the photo of simon with his teacher, and also the fact you included a funny story email! Great stuff!

3. amy isley

2011-11-23 08:17:28 -0500

My boys were so excited for the release of diary of a wimpy kid too:)

4. Caryn

2011-11-23 08:28:55 -0500

I SO love how all your weeks turn out. I just realized my stumbling block - I have no idea how to get photos printed efficiently, on a weekly basis!

About to go scour your blog to see what you do for printing your photos! If I get that nailed.... the rest will happen!

5. Caryn

2011-11-23 08:32:03 -0500

I just found this.... http://aliedwards.com/2011/05/memory-keeping-qa-photos.html
    Your website is GOLD!

6. Tamara

2011-11-23 10:57:38 -0500

Your Project Life posts have been inspirational to me all year, and the decision has been made: next year I'm doing a Project Life project too!

7. Stacy

2011-11-23 11:37:03 -0500

Hey Ali,
    Thanks for the link to Michelle's blog! What a great post! I'm happy to report that I spent quite a bit of time on Sunday uploading photos to Costco for my PL album. There were well over 100 photos uploaded!! I picked my pictures up yesterday and sat down and inserted all of them into my PL album. I hadn't printed pictures or worked on my album since mid-July!! Since I already had my PL life album journaling cards and weekly cards dated and inserted, it was a cinch to insert my photos. Now all I need to do is take care of my journaling and add my ephemera (sp?) which I've been saving. I flipped through my album at least 3 times last night enjoying it. My dd flipped through it a time or two as well. I just LOVE PL!! I will also be separating my PL album into two albums since it is so heavy and full right now. I'm just about caught up...Yippee!! Blessings to you and yours and Happy Thanksgiving.

8. Sara Miller

2011-11-23 14:58:17 -0500

Hi Ali!

I love your Project Life posts and I have one question - I think before that you mentioned that you are including all of your 2011 layouts in several albums all together (Project Life and regular layouts). I wanted to do this too, but I am hung up on the fact that when I put a two-page layout between the project life pages, the front and back of the two page spread shows just the back of the cardstock. Do you put all of your "extra" layouts at the end of the album, do you do only one-page layouts, do you not care that this happens, or do you have a separate album for them? I'm trying to decide the best way to handle this.

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!!

9. aliza

2011-11-23 15:56:09 -0500

Mother of another Diary of a Wimpy Kid fan here. He tried to read it slowly so it would last longer, but it didn't work.

10. steffb

2011-11-23 17:08:45 -0500

I just saw on Jessica Sprague's site Project Life Digital. Hmmmm...don't think I'm up to full scale PL but maybe a little bit? Hmmmmm.....

11. Francisca, from the Netherlands

2011-11-23 19:01:16 -0500

Hi Ali,
    I always love your updates from Project Life. While I was Skyping with my sister she told me about a great children's book for Christmas. It is a new book and now available on Amazon. The title is: 'The Christmas Sleigh' and the author is Alan Anderson. This is the link to that book: http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Sleigh-Alan-Anderson/dp/1449729037/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322092559&sr=8-1

I thought you might like to use it for your Christmas tradition to buy new books :)

12. Jennifer P

2011-11-23 20:07:55 -0500

Love following along on your project life album. Thanks you for sharing. One thing I can't get out of my mind is your shower curtain. I've seen it in more than one of your photos. Could you share where you purchased it with us? You've had it a while so they may not even carry that color anymore...

13. Ann Swan

2011-11-24 04:28:53 -0500

Hi Ali,

Just wondering if you know of anyone selling the Project Life Kit in Australia? I have seen it on Amazon, but they will not deliver to my home address.

thankyou

14. Kathleen Desio

2011-11-24 19:09:52 -0500

What a wonderful post and so inspiring! Thank you for so many fantastic ideas! Pinned a bunch to my Christmas Scrapbook Board on Pinterest :-)

15. トリーバーチ 財布

2013-06-13 06:05:04 -0400

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on several websites for about a year and am worried about switching
    to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.

net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

16. マークバイマークジェイコブス iphoneケース

2013-06-27 02:14:53 -0400

マークバイマークジェイコブス iphoneケース
    Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing such things, so I am going to tell her.