Project Life 2012 | Week Fifteen

Welcome to Project Life 2012 | Week Fifteen.

Loving how this comes together. No matter if it's rushed or well-thought out or I've had a chance to play with products, the end result is just such an awesome collection of life.

Continually thankful for this project.

I feel like I say that just about every week. And I do. Because it's true.

Here's a look at Week Fifteen:

The left side of the spread this week is pretty much photos + words. I added digital text onto one photo before printing and added stickers, pattern paper, or stapled on little tabs to the others using the Tiny Attacher.

The "hello routine" journal card is stamped using my Hello Routine stamp set for Technique Tuesday.

That face.

On the top right photo I combined a Cosmo Cricket 23 Collection Stickers + Lily Bee ABC Stickers + Studio Calico Kraft Butterfly stickers (on top of a foam dot).

Love these little tabs from Jenni Bowlin Hodge Podge Souvenir Stickers.

I started off doing something else along the bottom of this photo (hand-writing something) and didn't like how it was coming out. To cover it up I used a piece of pattern paper from My Mind's Eye Follow Your Happy Heart 6x6 paper pack, rounded the corners, and stitched it along the edge.

One insert this week to hold a fun photobooth strip from my dinner with Kelly Purkey in Portland. I used an 8.5 x 11 page protector, machine stitched along the edge to make it fit the photo strip, and then trimmed off the excess from the top and right side. In an awesome twist the business card from the restaurant was the same width.

On the back I made a graphic title combining stamps from Close To My Heart (Keepsake Alphabet) and American Crafts Rouge Pantry Foam Stickers.

The right side of the week includes some of Anna's artwork, a hilarious photo of George who seems to have no problems posing for the camera, a couple journal cards and something I hand-wrote that was added to my 52 Creative Lifts newsletter this week (a free newsletter I write each week that addresses ideas and concepts related to creativity).

I used my Silhouette to cut "love this life" from my Hello Life Boxes Vol.3 digital set and used the rest of that 6x6 pattern paper from the Follow Your Happy Heart paper pack.

SUPPLIES | 2012 | WEEK 15

Click on the images to link to the products.

Project Life is a product and a system created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life (including all the spreads from my completed 2011 album) here.

1. Mandy Szeto

2012-04-18 09:19:45 -0400

I have been just pushing through. Trying to not analyze ever detail and move on with my project. Thanks for sharing yours.

2. Valerie

2012-04-18 09:50:34 -0400

Wow - super cool ideas! Love the cutting photo sleeve page smaller & sewing it to hold the little strip of pics; I think I need to learn how to sew on a sewing machine now! I'm pinning a few of these for sure!

3. Leilani

2012-04-18 10:16:23 -0400

I love the way this project makes me reflect on the week and tell many of the little stories that may somehow go unnoticed. I am thrilled I am still keeping it going! Thanks for sharing your stories.

4. Laura A in OR

2012-04-18 10:50:13 -0400

Love your photo booth insert!
    Thanks for your inspiration and new uses of product. You keep me jazzed about PL!

5. Stacy

2012-04-18 10:55:40 -0400

Love Anna's pony tails. So cute! I'm so inspired by PL too. Have a great over the hump day :-)

6. Jill

2012-04-18 11:19:40 -0400

Hi Ali - I love seeing the bits and pieces you add to your album. I know it's really about the words and photos, but my gratefulness about my week is amplified just a bit more when I find a great extra to add to a photo or journaling card.

I LOVE the pics of George - that one on his birthday in front of the food can is my fave. So great!

Looking forward to 31 and next week :)

7. Paula

2012-04-18 11:25:52 -0400

Thanks for putting a smile on my face with your Week 15 :)

8. amy t schubert

2012-04-18 11:53:19 -0400

loving all your handwriting all over this week :)

9. Wendy

2012-04-18 13:02:35 -0400

I love your Project Life pages. You create such beautiful layouts. Thanks for the inspiration.

10. KSW

2012-04-18 15:50:00 -0400

Those bleeding hearts - wow. Ali, I can only imagine how lovely those are in person. Sorry for the irony, but stunning. You have a GREEN glove.

11. Jessica @ The Mom Creative

2012-04-18 16:36:10 -0400

Another great week, Ali! Love the Kelly insert.

12. Alicia Cross

2012-04-18 17:39:57 -0400

LOVE LOVE LOVE the CTMH stamps, so awesome to see you using them, Ali, as I'm a big fan and love seeing your layouts and projects! :)

13. kate Adderley

2012-04-18 17:53:51 -0400

Hi Ali, AS ALWAYS another great week from you, the photo of Anna is just the cutest, and George is looking great too, love that strip you made of you and kelly and l cant wait for my Hello routine stamp set to show up, what you did with it was awesome,also love the bulbs, Ali have you thought to make a another stamp set with the days of the week, l already have one of your older set with them, but a set where all the days are seperate and not joined together would be great.....just an idea, something like what you have done for A week in a life this year , where the day of the week is on a tag, similar to Hello spring tag .....have a great week

14. Brooke

2012-04-18 18:35:46 -0400

Always love your inspiration. That photo of George is awesome.

I snooped on the journaling about Anna. My son (almost 4) started Kindy this year (3 days one week, 2 days the next) and some days he is so emotional about absolutely nothing. I found out that he actually isn't sleeping during nap time at Kindy. And the week for him there is pretty exhausting. We always have Sundays as a lazy at home day so he starts his Kindy week refreshed. And we have an at home day the day after his Kindy week ends. I'm finding that he enjoys time to just be at home, but he also likes a little structure at home after Kindy. We do a snack and a 30 minute activity with his younger brother and I just so he has his fill of Mummy time. It's all completely trial and error isn't it?!

15. Julie McD

2012-04-18 18:43:10 -0400

Too sweet...lovin' Anna with pigtails...she looks so grown up! I am woefully behind on my PL but intend to get more caught up next weekend since I have one more crazy, busy 'life' weekend coming up. Kept up on the photos...just need to get the stories down! Thanks for sharing!

16. Stacy K

2012-04-18 18:43:43 -0400

Ali, I was wondering....how would you incorporate week in the life with project life? Would that you do something separate for your project life album?

17. Kim b.

2012-04-19 01:30:35 -0400

That GEORGE!! So handsome!

18. Lisa W.

2012-04-19 12:28:42 -0400

I have to say too I LOVE your layouts every week. My girlfriends always tease me because they know HOW much I love you, and your work. When explaining something I did (created) or want to do they say to me..."OH Lisa with alittle Ali style!) And I say YES exactly...lol. What I was wondering as I do not always read your journaling cards while observing your PL post...I am wondering if you journal a few days on one journaling card. As allot of times you put pictures in the journaling card spot??? Was just curious...thanks:) And your children are SO so so cute...just cuteness all over the place. I sure wish PL was around when my kiddos were smaller!!!

19. Brenda in Sunny SoCal

2012-04-19 14:34:31 -0400

I would love to know how do you always get your stamps to look like if it was a print, I always get smudges or empty spots...

20. J3SS1C4

2012-04-19 23:20:34 -0400

I love the mini insert for the dinner out! Such a great way to add further things without adding a full divider. I think the photo of Anna next to the title card it the cutests!! The idea about covering up your writing is a great one too... Something I've done in the past, but I've noticed no one ever actually talks about how they fix things when they mess something up or don't like the results, so it's refreshing to see someone talking about it!

21. sarah

2012-04-19 23:40:06 -0400

love that photo of anna. and the one of george too :)
    and white bleeding hearts? why have i never seen those before? my grandpa has pink ones in his yard, but the white is just LOVELY!

also, that photostrip insert is so awesome!

22. Radish

2012-04-20 13:05:32 -0400

Thank you so much for your weekly uplifts. I have enjoyed the back ground reading and materials also. That you should do this for free is very special. Thanks again.

Also, Happiness to you.

I would do the week in the life , but I am so entangled in Xanthe's Time Capsule class, that I can not. I swimming in soundtracks.

23. Radish

2012-04-20 13:05:32 -0400

Also, Happiness to you.

24. Angela

2012-04-20 13:11:42 -0400

I think you have convinced me to add a sewing machine to my wishlist...not to sew on fabric of course, but paper ;) Your project life each week inspires me. Thanks for sharing, Ali

25. Michelle

2012-04-21 14:27:22 -0400

I just my cameo in the mail. Did you do I video on how you use yours? I swear I saw it before but I can't remember what project it was for. The basic instructions already have me confused, thanks!