Project Life 2012 | Week Sixteen

Welcome to Project Life 2012 | Week Sixteen.

This is from a couple week's back - the week before Week In The Life. I've got a couple ideas floating in my mind for what I'm going to do for last week and plan to work on that this week (along with my Week In The Life album).

Occasionally I get questions from people asking what does my album look like throughout the week.

Sometimes I add my content during the week - slipping things in as I go (photos and journaling and other stuff) so by the end of the week my spread is just about done.

Sometimes when I bring my album upstairs to my office on Monday morning it looks more like the image above - a collection of papers, photos, and words that I've collected over the course of the week - that needs to be trimmed and gone through and written up.

Often it's a mixture of both those approaches depending on what's happening.

I think it's a good reminder that there's no right or wrong way to go about it and that processes evolve.

Here's a look at Week Sixteen:

The "tax day" card is from Studio Calico Cubicle 12x12 Take Note Paper.

Along the top of the second page I've got two photos - one of my office inside and one of my yard outside - with some American Crafts Amy Tangerine Journal Foam Stickers on top.

Lots of handwritten journaling from the week and weekend.

And a chocolate peanut butter cake I made on Sunday - my first from scratch.

SUPPLIES | 2012 | WEEK 16

Click on the images to link to the products.

Project Life is a product and a system created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life (including all the spreads from my completed 2011 album) here.

1. dawn

2012-05-01 03:23:06 -0700

Ali, what a great week this is. My favorite is the "CLEAN ME" and "ENJOY ME" those are the perfect words for these photos, love it!!

Great job on the self photo of yourself!! Yummy looking cake, good for you making one from scratch, bet the kids loved that.

Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to see what you do for last week's.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

2. Vera

2012-05-01 03:24:17 -0700

Yay for cake from scratch! Love that 4x6 with Anna's doodling I suppose?

3. laura g.

2012-05-01 04:33:16 -0700

like the 'Clean Me' and 'Enjoy Me' comparisons...a lot like my life..do i do chores or go outside and play? ( i went outside and played!)

4. jaimee h.

2012-05-01 05:23:27 -0700

i also love the clean me, enjoy me photos. the photo of your backyard actually looks like it is inviting me to sit down and relax. :) yummy cake, I love cake!!!

5. Robyn G.

2012-05-01 06:33:03 -0700

Just a comment...if you have thought about doing a video again of your Project Life...really enjoyed it. Thanks!

6. Estelle

2012-05-01 07:41:49 -0700

Hi Ali !
    Just come back from holidays.
    Is it possible to make the project WinMyLife now and post in your links my photos ?
    I started yesterday.

Thanks for sharing. I'd love have a backyard ;-)))
    Estelle from France

7. Abby P

2012-05-01 08:43:17 -0700

Love your Project Life - so inspiring! Question: Are the "Routine" stamps available in digital format?

8. Sarah

2012-05-01 11:04:40 -0700

Hi Ali! Your work, and the way you live are encouraging to me. Celebrating the good, reflecting on and even REMEMBERING the difficult, it is an inspiration. I tend to remember the good and ignore or try to blot out the difficult. This has been a hurdle to overcome in the way that I memory-keep, and I'm finally learning to push through that and just keep recording. That true healing and growth happen in that place. I hope this does not come across as weird or trite....but you are not alone, God is carrying you loves you very much. Thank you for being you and using your beautiful gifts and life experience to encourage others. This is grace!

9. Jen Hart

2012-05-01 11:41:42 -0700

Great spread, I love the photos this week and well done for keeping putting yourself in them :)

10. Marie

2012-05-01 11:59:18 -0700

I love your week 16 (but I love all your Project Life weeks actually! :-) )

11. cinback

2012-05-01 12:22:19 -0700

I always love your method of adding journaling spots on top of photos and memorabilia.

12. Brooke

2012-05-01 13:38:17 -0700

I love the Clean Me.../Enjoy Me... photos. Sometimes when I have a pile of stuff to go through from the week I find it hard to cut stuff out - trying to stick to telling the stories from the week.

Thanks for linking your products used below too. Always nice to have a wish list! = )

13. audra

2012-05-01 14:23:18 -0700

Ali - can you please share the link for the title of "Week in the life" that fits on the spine of the album (Like the one you used last year - in your writing) I remember seeing it and now can't find it. Thanks!

14. Ammiel Evans

2012-05-01 14:38:37 -0700

Hi, is there any way you could post the chocolate peanut butter cake recipe? Thank you, Ammi

15. Megan Smith

2012-05-01 16:42:24 -0700

Thanks for the inspiration Ali! I have yet to take on PL but am vowing to start next year. I am using you, Susan Weinroth, Lisa Truesdell and of course Becky as my "go to" inspiration when I start. Thanks again!

16. Kathy

2012-05-01 17:11:06 -0700

Love the pages and the big words, clean me, enjoy me...

17. J3SS1C4

2012-05-01 20:00:46 -0700

OK, that cake looks and sounds awesome! I might give that a try next time we have people around! :-)

I love what you've done with the clean my, enjoy me photos... The thickers you've used are perfect for it! Nice and simple and not over the top! So awesome!

18. Lisa

2012-05-02 09:48:37 -0700

I love the photo of your album that shows all the 'stuff' piled high and waiting for a home. I first read this post yesterday and that shot really hit home for me. Life has gotten very busy and overwhelming for the moment. I'm guilty of falling behind on my PL album. I am still taking pics, documenting stories on journaling cards and gathering 'stuff'. That photo..was one of my first thoughts this morning...I got up, found my stash of stuff from last week and sorta 'filed' it between the page protectors for the appropriate week. It may seem like nothing...but if you saw the pile of un-sorted stuff on my counter, you'd understand that this simple step will save me hours of time trying to figure out which week to insert everything.
    It's not just the big stuff you do that inspires me...it's the little stuff too!
    Thanks, Ali!! <3

19. Sam

2012-05-03 12:24:24 -0700

This is such a great idea and that is a project my grand daughter and I am going to start when she gets out of school for the summer and we will be creating this in my new room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom.

20. IT ALL STARTED WITH A FAILED HARD DRIVE &raquo; manda townsend

2012-05-22 10:46:42 -0700

[...] as most of the scrapbooking I’ve seen. I googled Project Life and found this and this and this and this. Omg! It wasn’t ugly!! It was cool, and I was fascinated. I had already been [...]