Back To School Product Round Up

My kids are heading back to school next week (goodbye summer, hello fall) and I'm starting to think about projects and products related to heading back to the classroom.

I've always been a fan of going back to school - the school supplies (fresh boxes of pens & pencils and blank notebooks), the excitement of a new classroom and teachers, and the clean slate. I'm excited for both my kids and am really looking forward to meeting their teachers at open houses next week.

As an adult, I'm ready for a return to routine and the cooler temperatures and college football (oh yes, I'll even be going to some games this year).

Does your family have any back to school traditions?

PRODUCTS SHOWN ABOVE | School Word Stickers from Bazzil (because there is no way I can ever have enough word stickers) | Math Class Washi Tape from Freckled Fawn | Alphabet Embossed Journal Kit from Studio Calico (don't remember seeing this before) | Black Ruler Trim from 7gypsies | The Crafter's Workshop 12x12 Life Numbers (yes, please) | Fancy Pants Off To School Die Cut Pieces | October Afternoon Report Card Word Stickers | Lawn Fawn Bookworm Pattern Paper | Graphic 45 The Three R's Pattern Paper

Here's a look at some of my products relating to school:

Hello School Brushes

Here's a cool digital page from my friend Doris using that set (click to view her supply list):

That set is also available as traditional stamps from Technique Tuesday:

You can grab these from Two Peas, Scrapbook.com, Simon Says Stamp, Technique Tuesday or ask for them at your favorite local retailer.

Back To School Overlays

Cute page from Jen using those overlays (click to view her supply list):

And some Back To School Twill:

School Words No. 1

School Words No. 2

1. Angel

2012-08-28 11:28:33 -0400

those layouts are cute!

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  2. christen

2012-08-28 11:49:54 -0400

fun products and cute layouts. i am having such a hard time with "back to school" this year!! my youngest (of four) is a junior and i think i am anticipating his leaving way too early.

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  3. Jana

2012-08-28 13:11:22 -0400

Every school year we'd take pics of our daughters before driving them to their school, then we'd go out for coffee to celebrate another year. We'd try to pick somewhere we hadn't been to before - easy to do in our coffee shop abundant town! We'd then try to remember to get a photo of us there too! Fun memories - my kids both are college students - not as much "off to school" traditions now! Enjoy the coming week! We're hoping to go backpacking with one of our college girls :)!

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  4. Julie Paule

2012-08-28 13:18:01 -0400

I love this post. Kinda reminds me of your old "Three things" posts. Miss those:)

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  5. Bec

2012-08-28 20:36:06 -0400

Love seeing pictures of kids going back to school. I didn't take a lot of photos when my kids were that age. Makes me sad now that I only have a very few.

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  6. Shelley

2012-08-29 09:29:09 -0400

I always take a first day of school picture. But my favorite tradition is for the moms. My friend invites moms over for bloody mary's on the patio to celebrate our "first day of freedom."

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  7. Abby P

2012-08-29 16:03:15 -0400

Just for the record (and because I still have things to do on my Summer Bucket List!!! :)), we still have till Sept. 21 (22?) before Fall officially begins. But once it's here, it WILL be nice...

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM
  8. Kimmie

2012-08-30 12:43:13 -0400

Thank you for posting that link to Simple Homeschool. We are heading into our 5th year of homeschooling and I've never seen that site, even though I spend much of my time online.

I love Back to School time! :)

* edited 08/11/14 07:52AM