- Maximizing. Working on not being enveloped in "busyness" without results. Taking action vs. planning and planning and planning and talking and thinking and thinking and thinking again and not ever taking the next step.
- Office organizing. Katie and I are working towards maximizing (there's that word again) our office space and really getting it set up for making stuff. Talking a lot about what we think will work (like stations and laminate floor) and what we need to make that happen.
- Editing clothes and goods. Specifically kids clothes. One too many socks of Simon's have holes worn through the heels. One too many shirts in his closet are way too small or he will never wear. Feeling that desire to really edit things down to what's really used and loved.
- Daydreaming about being outside when the sun is actually shining (hence by Pinterest "outdoor home" board above). Spent a bit of time walking around my yard in my rain boots this weekend - planning, dreaming, scheming things I'd like to do out there. I'm always amazed to see the evidence of the cycles of life right in front of me - the death and rebirth of my yard is amazing to witness.
- Being open. And patient. And present. And light-hearted.
Here's a few other updates as we begin month two of 2013:
A BIG WELCOME BACK to Aby Garvey and Simplify101.com as a sponsor. They've got a great Organize Your Creative Space workshop coming up. She's got options for self-paced or expert-guided to help you find the right educational fit for you. "I created Organize Your Creative Space because I am passionate about helping creative people find the perfect balance between creativity and organization, that place where a space is organized just right so it supports your creative process and inspires you. In the workshop I share my top tips and strategies for setting up an organized area that truly works for you. You’ll find out how to pull together a space that looks like you, thinks like you and allows you to enjoy your creative work even more. Best of all, you’ll learn how to create an organized space that inspires you and fuels your creativity."
ONE LITTLE WORD workshop is in full-swing over at Big Picture Classes with a new set of prompts for 2013. Registration is open throughout the year and the message board and gallery have been really inspiring. If you're looking for a way to make your word more visible in 2013 you should definitely check it out. Click here for more information.
31 THINGS WORKSHOP. If getting more details of your personal story told is on your list for 2013 you should check out my self-paced workshop over at Big Picture Classes called 31 Things. Over the course of 31 days you'll receive a daily email that prompts you to document one story from your everyday life. Each email will include a specific word/theme for the day, a detailed writing prompt with suggestions on how to tell the story, and a photo prompt. For those of you that have already taken this workshop I do still have the intention to do another round of 31 More Things sometime in the near future.
I'll be sharing my Day In The Life from last week either tomorrow or Wednesday over on the projects blog with a tutorial for working with the new layered template set.