Giving Thanks

Untitled

Thankful.

Yes, indeed. For a million different things. Here's just a few:

Untitled

Thankful for a peaceful, easy Thanksgiving with many of the people I care about most right here in my own house.

Thankful for this house that holds us. For a job I love that pays the bills.

Untitled

Thankful for my Dad who cleaned out my gutters and put up some of my Christmas lights.

Thankful for my Mom who lovingly orchestrates a million different things.

Thankful for the relationship my kids have with my parents where they can't wait until they arrive and are sad when they leave.

Untitled

Thankful for this one who can play and play and play.

Thankful that I'm going to be home for the majority of this month. This year has included a lot of awesome travel but man am I ready to just be here for awhile.

Untitled

Thankful for these two who talk and talk and talk and sing and play and tell each other what to do and had the best time hanging out.

Untitled

Thankful for silly smiles.

Untitled

Thankful for sunshine and a simple table and a kitchen island to hold most of the food.

Untitled

Thankful for this one who is so full of holiday spirit (and today he's full of chocolate pie too).

Thankful for my sister and Jeffrey who understand the magic of family and put in the effort to get here to be with us this year. Thankful for the love they show my kids and me.

Today I'm working and getting out more Christmas decorations and will be watching the Oregon/Oregon State game later today with friends.

And then it will be December 1. Crazy how fast it goes and I'm excited to start documenting the season on Sunday.

DON'T MISS THIS | Totally Rad is having their biggest sale of the year today only (Nov 29th). Enter BLACKFRIDAY2013 at checkout and save 35% on your entire purchase. RadLab is the program I use for all my photo editing (it's a companion to Photoshop). Love it!

1. Ilona

2013-11-29 12:03:38 -0600

Great photos (my favorite is the last one, I can hear Simon giggle), great memories! I'm thankful that you share them with us!

2. Elisa

2013-11-29 12:07:57 -0600

Seeing how you document your family has always been, and continues to be, such a great inspiration for me, especially now, as I embark on my first "Project Life" adventure. Thank you for sharing your memories with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

3. cindy b

2013-11-29 12:14:56 -0600

LOVE the layout of your living room!!

4. karen

2013-11-29 12:19:57 -0600

Love the kisses at the front door-so precious!

5. Lisa W.

2013-11-29 12:40:15 -0600

You ARE truly blessed. Enjoyed the peace and happiness in your post. God Bless you Ali!!!!!! Your blog truly makes my day!

6. Chrisy@GoodNorthCoastLife

2013-11-29 13:26:19 -0600

Continue to be so very thankful for finding you dear Ali. Thanks for the on-going inspiration on so many levels. I'm so very glad that you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving and look forward to sharing December with you.

7. Brooke

2013-11-29 17:13:18 -0600

The connection your family shares are so amazing. Inspirational too!

I have to ask. What is the text print leaning against the wall in the photo of Anna and Gabrielle? Ever since you spoke about the holstee manifesto and having words in the house I've been on a mission to find the right ones for our home.

8. Stacia

2013-11-29 18:08:56 -0600

Was just checking out RadLab since I've seen other scrapbook designers recommend it too. But holy mackerel - $149 (before discount) for actions? PSE itself is half that! Zounds. Unless they come out with a reasonably-priced version, I'm going to have to skip it, as cool as it looks. :O

9. Claire Daly

2013-11-30 03:04:51 -0600

and I'm thankful for you Ali. Your blog posts make me smile and help me to strive to enjoy the everyday moments. You have influenced the way I keep my memories and scrapbook more than anyone else in the last 11+ years since I fist heard of this amazing hobby. I have learnt so many cool things about writing and life and being grateful. I bought myself the gift of your '31' class at BPS because I know it will be the perfect positive inspiring way to start 2014. Thankyou for sharing your talents and your life with us all. Wishing you lots of wonderful things this holiday season :)

10. Laura Steingiser

2013-11-30 04:17:58 -0600

I am thankful for you and the inspiration, ideas and openness you share with us all.

11. Sandi

2013-11-30 09:17:27 -0600

I love the relationship that you and your children have with your parents. Through your pictures and words you can see all the love between all of you. Both my parents passed before my children were born and my husband's mom passed too. I love to see such a close family connection.

12. Debbie

2013-11-30 10:43:22 -0600

Lovely! So glad you get a month of HOME! Blessings to you and yours!

13. Carolyn HP

2013-11-30 11:22:24 -0600

Hi Ali, Simon, Anna and all of your visitors :)

Thanks for often sharing so much of your family time with us, your readers. I am thankful for your inspiration especially in helping to create more magic for this upcoming holiday season - my favorite time of the year, even if it's quite chilly in Canada!

14. lindsey

2013-12-01 01:29:50 -0600

the light in your home is delicious!

15. AshleyLC

2013-12-01 14:18:46 -0600

Ali, where did you get your couch? I'm in the market for new furniture and yours looks so cozy! You have a beautiful home.

16. Michelle

2013-12-01 19:33:19 -0600

Hi Ali,

I'm with everyone else here, I love your photos, you are inspiring and I love to see your connection of family. It warms my heart!

I also absolutely LOVE your couch!! We've been on a search for a deep seated brown couch - yours looks perfect. Do you feel comfortable sharing where you purchased it? (seems so personal to ask, but then again, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right?) : )

17. Jo-Anne from ZA

2013-12-02 02:33:18 -0600

WOW Ali i hope you and the family had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!

Judging by the photographs it looks like you had a very SPECIAL and awesome day spent with Loved ones:-)

Nothing beats a great pie - i'm sure Simon would agree with me....hehehe

18. Peggy

2013-12-03 02:32:18 -0600

Love your pics and your home. Could you please tell me where you found the cute little curved sofa at your table?? LOVE IT!!

19. Liz

2013-12-04 11:04:00 -0600

a beautiful post - I always love your photography. Thankful for your presence in the blogging/craft world.

20. Carol in Atlanta

2014-06-01 00:07:27 -0500

Love your blog and I read every single one (although not always timely). When I was reading this post, I saw a picture and thought that looks like Jeffrey Gitomer. Sure enough, when I saw the name Jeffrey & thought I remembered that your sister was in North Carolina, I realized it had to be him. I love his blog also and own most if not all of his books!