Project Life® 2013 | Week Forty-Three

AE_PL2013_WK43_CloseUp

Welcome to Project Life® 2013 | Week Forty-Three (October 21st - October 27th).

Thanks for all the comments on my Week 42 layout last week. Lots of great questions in those comments that will help guide me through many more Project Life® posts. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to let me know what you like!

One thing I hope to do this week is take some more in-progress photos so you can see my starting point for each of my catch-up weeks. Most of them begin with some content already in the pockets. Sometimes it's a photo or two or a couple journal cards filled out or a post-it note (read a post about that here) or a receipt. It's really rare that there would be nothing at all.

A couple observations I jotted down last week as I keep working my way through last year:

1. I find myself saying "good enough" a lot. I'm totally fine with that. I'm fine adding in more filler cards (ones with a phrase or sentiment or design that doesn't include part of a specific story) than I usually do. I'm fine capturing what I can with what I have and moving forward.

2. I find that whatever is on my desk is getting used and I like to use multiples of the same thing over the course of the spread. On this one you'll see me use those Heidi Swapp black word stickers a few times (which I can't seem to find a source for online anymore). It's a great way to use up supplies in addition to repetition across the spread and I find that limiting my choices simplifies the whole process.

Here's a look at Week 43:

AE_PL2013_WK43_Spread

AE_PL2013_WK43_Left

AE_PL2013_WK43_CloseUpStamp

"Thank you for simply being you" is a stamp from this set: Labels by Ali Edwards.

And just peeking out from the right-hand side of this image is one of those Wanderlust Mini Days Of The Week Clothespins. I actually pulled the clothespin piece off because it was too bulky for me but I love the wood circle.

AE_PL2013_WK43_Right

Fabulous is an epoxy sticker from Heidi's Color Pop collection and I added a bit of journaling below.

The white heart word sticker on the photo of Aaron and I from Katie's wedding is from MAMBI. Seriously love that package of stickers.

The fun wood veneer die cut banners were included in the Cuppa Scrapbook Kit from Studio Calico. On top of the one I added to the photo of George I stamped "so you" using the new Plus One stamps from Amy Tangerine.

The little tiny puffy heart stickers were included in the Copper Mountain Scrapbook Kit at Studio Calico.

AE_PL2013_WK43_CloseUpMe

As you might have noticed I still like writing on my photos. In this case I could have taken what I wrote on my photo and added it to a card in place of "Hello There" but I like writing on my photos and I liked that filler card and it all worked out just fine.

AE_PL2013_WK43_Vellum2

Here's a fun way to highlight a specific person in a photo of a bunch of people: I used the Silhouette to cut this 4 inch x 6 inch vellum overlay with the heart cut out which was then placed on top of a photo of Anna and her classmates being silly after their costume day.

AE_PL2013_WK43_VellumUp

I used another stamp from the Labels set here (I adore you). I used Orange StazOn to stamp on the vellum. For writing on this vellum I just used a Precision Pen.

DD_20promo

DESIGNER DIGITALS FLASH SALE | Designer Digitals is having a quick one day sale that ends tomorrow at 3pm EST (2/26/14). Enter the code "lovedd" to receive 20% off your entire order.

SUPPLIES | 2013 | WEEK FORTY-THREE

Click on the images to link to the products.

Project Life® is a product and a system and a lifestyle created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The core pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life® here.

1. Olga Kotlyarova

2014-02-25 22:11:28 +1030

Nice spread! I love journaling on photo, pretty idea)

2. Paula

2014-02-25 22:17:47 +1030

Love this weeks' PL. Great photos, great supplies. Best ingredient is the evident love!

3. Michelle t.

2014-02-25 22:25:18 +1030

Love that banner stamp set. And all the little bits on and around the photos. The vellum with the heart shape cutout around the photo of Anna and her friend at Halloween is a neat idea. Cool pages and ideas. Thanks for sharing. Michelle t

4. Jenny A

2014-02-25 23:53:20 +1030

Love this Ali! Are you using the American Crafts pens to write on top of your photos? TIA!

5. Alida

2014-02-25 23:55:23 +1030

Great spread as always. I appreciate the more of a walk through. Oh, and love Anna's red shoes!

6. Angela

2014-02-26 00:52:23 +1030

Do you also use a precision pen to write on your photos, such as the one you reference in this post? Your lines are so straight and your writing so precise; I really enjoy you do this with your pictures.

7. laura g.

2014-02-26 01:34:36 +1030

love this post!! I found some labels by Martha Stewart at my nearby Staples store that I love! they are about 5/8 inch by 3 inches and come in a package of red, turquoise blue and yellow...I use them a lot..am anxious to try stamping on them using your new "Labels" stamp set...sometimes I cut one and just use a portion of it...I love the colors, it seems I have a lot of primary colors in my photos...Loving the Turquoise Edition of PL...

8. Amanda M.

2014-02-26 01:46:56 +1030

I meant to ask on the Unfinished Projects post and forgot - is one of the unfinished projects the update to Anna's baby album? The video you did on that was really interesting and I remember you had some things you thought you wanted to switch (moving the pages into new protectors and a new album sticks out in my mind)....any chance that may get updated as part of this project? Did you ever transfer those pages?

9. Jamie

2014-02-26 05:56:08 +1030

Ali, what size pen are you using on these photos?

10. Dannielle

2014-02-26 07:11:11 +1030

I am wanting to get an epson printer like the one you use for your project life. I have seen mixed reviews and just had a couple of questions. I seen reviews that it does not print true 4x6 prints (It looks like it does though right??) also it says you can print 3x3 or 4x4?? have you done that?? The most important question though is does it hook up to your computer so you can print photos from your computer vs. putting a memory card directly into the printer?? (I have a mac) can't wait to be able to use this for my project life!!! Thanks for any advise :)

11. Teri H.

2014-02-26 08:26:44 +1030

You've inspired me to start journaling on my photos. Gotta get me some of those pens.

Also - I would like feedback about the Epson printer as well. (Ditto ^)

12. Roberta Fricke

2014-02-26 09:30:30 +1030

Hi Ali I want to start stamping directly on my photos using some of my rubber stamps. What kind of ink pad, brand do you recommend? I'm specifically looking to stamp in white. I tried Stazon but the white is actually opaque. Any suggestions?

13. Ellen

2014-02-26 17:59:35 +1030

HI Ali. I am curious. Do you decide what photos will go where and then print them or just print them and if you want a different size just reprint those?
    What is the easiest way to print 3x4 cards?
    Your response would be so helpful. I am feeling so overwhelmed trying to catch up.

14. Chantal

2014-05-21 07:20:15 +0930

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
    keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later.
    Many thanks