Project Life® 2013 | Week Forty-Two

AE_PL2013_WK42_closeup

Welcome to Project Life® 2013 | Week Forty-Two (October 14th through October 20th).

A couple of questions for you today:

• Do you guys like seeing these catch-up weeks?

• Does it matter to you that they aren't from last week?

• Is there anything specific you'd like to know about my process or approach to Project Life®?

Mainly I want to get a sense if you care when the spreads come from? I've been keeping up with 2014 but haven't shared them yet (except my Title Page and Week Three) because I feel like I want to get 2013 out of the way first.

Here's a look at Week 42:

AE_PL2013_WK42_speadwithinsert

When I looked back through my 2011 and 2012 Project Life® albums one of the things I love seeing are the bits of life: receipts, drawings, tags, etc. I seem to have gotten away from that a bit in 2013 and I'd like to make that happen again more in 2014.

I've now got a supply of 8.5 inch x 11 inch page protectors back on hand to use as inserts to help with that process.

AE_PL2013_WK42_Left

This week I included the kids school photos. On top of the two of them together I added a white label sticker from Kelly Purkey/Simon Says Stamp and wrote their grade on each side.

Heart Fall is from this set of word art: Fall Boxes

AE_PL2013_WK42_CloseUp2

Heart This is a printable card from this set: Hello Fall

And one of those things I keep using are Heidi's handwritten glitter word stickers. Love those things. I used them on the page below as well.

AE_PL2013_WK42_Right

I'm still doing that thing where I cut a PL card and add a portion of it to a photo for my journaling. It's such a quick and easy way to add a bit of context and a few more words to my spread.

Katie and I went to Nashville for the weekend and made it to the Country Music Hall of Fame and got to see Scotty McCreery at the Grand Ole Opry. Katie is a much bigger country music fan than me but man I loved it all. I especially loved getting to go to Hatch Show Print and came home with two new prints.

SUPPLIES | 2013 | WEEK FORTY-TWO

Click on the images to link to the products.

Project Life® is a product and a system and a lifestyle created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The core pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life® here.

view more comments
25 of 109
  1. Linda Bailey

2014-02-20 17:23:54 -0800

Love your posts and you always inspire. I don't care where or when they are from.

2. Neela

2014-02-20 17:49:23 -0800

Anything you make or do is awesome. So the fact that the subject of this layout is older does not matter at all. It still is inspiring. I love how you use any product. It just makes that product so much more special.

3. Colleen

2014-02-20 17:52:43 -0800

I actually feel really good when you show catch-up pages, because I'm still finishing up 2013 too, and for some reason, it makes me feel good to know you're in the same boat I am (though I'm sure you'll be caught up before me).

4. Jennie

2014-02-20 18:18:39 -0800

Any layout can spark and idea or inspire. It doesn't matter to me that they're from last year. I'd like to see how you manage to get so many photos. I have to admit to being a bit embarrassed when I take phone shots in public and I often don't even think about taking a shot. Wise words?

5. Michelle

2014-02-20 18:19:18 -0800

Love your style! Keep doing your thing

6. michele

2014-02-20 18:35:18 -0800

Hatch prints are great.

7. Georgia

2014-02-20 19:52:17 -0800

Love everything you do!!! I would love to see a process video sometime:) that would fun!

8. Pam

2014-02-20 21:07:02 -0800

Well it looks like you don't need another person telling you how great it is to get a look at your PL spreads so I will just say "I concur".

9. Sarah M

2014-02-20 21:25:25 -0800

I totally don't care when the layouts are from - just keep them coming! ;) Great inspiration, plus it's great to know that I'm not the only one catching up on 2013 while trying to keep up with the current year.

10. J3SS1C4

2014-02-21 02:15:20 -0800

I like seeing it all! I don't mind it if is old stuff or new stuff, I think the whole lot is interesting. And I would personally love to hear about your process as well... It's always interesting to see how other people work on projects like this, and I always find something new and exciting to try!

11. Anne

2014-02-21 03:11:59 -0800

I like seeing the catch-up layouts, but I would ALSO like to see your PL 2014 layouts. Mostly because every season has its own look and feel and I like to get inspiration on what you do with... snow pictures for example, while I am working with my own snow pics. (Sorry, not explaining is very well but English is not my mother tongue.) So please continue the catch up, but also post your current ones!

12. Julie

2014-02-21 05:53:57 -0800

I think there is great value in NOT always completing a page or project in "real time". Just like in real life, sometimes if we do not react in the moment but wait and see what unfolds when a little time goes by, there comes some wisdom or unexpected connection or deeper understanding....and if part of scrapbooking is to document real life, I think it is not always about the date the page is completed but rather the message/story on the page that is relevant. These projects are terrific and I applaud all who undertake them! I agree with the comments about continue sharing the pages without too much concern for which dates they are...and include processes for capturing or tracking the info while pages are in progress or waiting to be created.

13. SarahJane

2014-02-21 06:11:40 -0800

Date? What date? I don't pay attention to those details at all... you know, it's kind of like AGE... after turning 21, it just doesn't matter anymore! Absolutely LOVE to see ANY of your layouts - ANY TIME! You're SO INSPIRING! PLUS, it gives the rest of us blog-followers a sigh of relief, I think, to see that WE ARE NOT ALONE at NOT keeping up every. single. week! **Yesterday, while my kids were playing GAMES on PBSkids.org, I flipped through my past 3 years worth of PL albums and a HUGE pile of receipts to add the price of a gallon of unleaded gas AND the price we pay for a gallon of milk into my old albums ... AND ... started to fill in the holes in past year(s). And THAT, my friend, is (still) A GREAT DAY!!!! Memory keeping MAKES MOMS HAPPY! (And my little boys LOVE to look at it all, too!)

14. Jennifer McNeely

2014-02-21 08:17:15 -0800

Just love seeing ANYTHING you do - no matter how old. I am still playing catch up too so we are in the same boat :)

15. Lisa W.

2014-02-21 08:39:56 -0800

DITTO DITTO DITTO....I don't think there is a layout, a PL post, a quote nothing that I don't like. AND YEP I am way behind on PL2013. I will finish is...if it kills me. WHY do we do SO good until oh maybee June..ish...then fall behind. It's not fun to play catch up, until you do of course and THEN you feel so achomplished.
    I didn't even start a new PL for 2014. BUT I did find a very cool Heidi Swap calendar page book. I think I am going to use that for my PL this year. No right OR no wrong way right???!!!!!

I do have one little question, well maybee two:) I struggle with ALL the photo's I take. How do you organize them, then decide which to use in that weeks PL? I normally take one a day, and journal something quick so I remember what it was for. BUT then there are days I take several OR forget to take one. So again I fall behind and like 2013 I forgot or just didn't take the time to journal the "day's" picture and so on. Then like now I go back and can't remember what picture was for what. THEN I think what does it matter, just put it in. NO ONE knows if it was this day or that day. UGH why do we put so much pressure on ourselves. THAT'S how it feels lately.

16. Audrey V

2014-02-21 08:50:27 -0800

I love to see your scrapbook pages, but the PL pages don't excite me as much. I do PL and regular scrapbook pages, and I love see your scrapbook pages for ideas and inspiration. When I do PL, I try to get it done quickly, and I try not to look too much at other people's PL, because I want to keep mine simple and just "Get it done."

17. rhonda

2014-02-21 09:08:30 -0800

I don't think it matters! In fact for anyone who is "behind" it probably helps to see your catching up too!

18. Melissa

2014-02-21 11:36:58 -0800

I just love seeing them all too! The only upside of seeing your current items, for me, is that I can try to scraplift a good idea (eg if you have something neat for the Olympics, I can say I WANT THAT TOO)

19. Tere

2014-02-21 21:13:23 -0800

I love it all. I want to see it all. And the order doesn't matter much to me. thanks for your inspiration.

20. Laura

2014-02-22 17:57:29 -0800

I love seeing your work. Doesn't matter what your subject is or what timeframe your work is covering. It's all good. We just love your style!! You inspire us. And it's kinda reassuring to the rest of us that even you can get behind...

21. Caroline

2014-02-22 20:54:46 -0800

I concur with the majority here that I love your PL layouts and am reassured by seeing catchup weeks. I'd love if you would write about the process you go through for playing catchup, and if you could make any process videos (time-consuming,I know!) then that would be fantastic. I find PL process videos very instructive and a great way to inject new inspiration into a regular project. Thanks for being willing to share these insights into your daily life and your family!

22. June

2014-02-23 11:26:32 -0800

It seems everyone has already said what I would have...but still I just wanted to says that I enjoy seeing your life journey and come for ideas and inspiration.

23. StacyK

2014-02-23 12:35:48 -0800

Love seeing your work Ali, doesn't matter if it is catch up or not. Keep it up please!!

24. Jamie

2014-02-24 13:57:07 -0800

I love your PL layouts, they are all inspiring, regardless of what week they are from. I would love to hear more about your process. How do you start your page- cards or pics first? How do you choose what cards/supplies to use? How do you know what supplies you have? I have so much in neat little organizers, but I don't want to spend all my time looking through my "inventory." How do you keep this simple?

25. Project Life® 2013 | Week Forty-Three | Ali Edwards

2014-02-25 03:01:08 -0800

[…] for all the comments on my Week 42 layout last week. Lots of great questions in those comments that will help guide me through many more […]