Project Life® 2014 | Week Sixteen (Studio Calico Project Life® Kit)

AE_PL2014_WK16_CloseUpAnna

Say hello to Project Life® 2014 | Week Sixteen (April 14th through April 20th). You can check out all the new kits for June (called Hello Hello) over at Studio Calico here: Scrapbook Kit | Project Life® Kit | Card Kit.

Never underestimate the power of the pen.

Maybe I should also say, "never underestimate the power of pink." I actually have a draft post in progress talking about my developing interest/love for the color pink.

Pink + gold = even more fun.

Pink + gold + a whole lot of handwriting = Week Sixteen.

Here's a look:

AE_PL2014_WK16_Spread

Writing on photos. Writing on journaling cards. Writing anywhere I can add-in a few more words. I really liked being really "loose" and "playful" with my pens this week.

Pink pen is a Distress Marker from Tim Holtz (color is Picked Raspberry). Super fun to work with this pen for writing out some of the journaling this time - love that it has two tip sizes.

Black pens are a Medium Slick Writer and a .03 Precision Pen.

AE_PL2014_WK16_LEft

I had a really hard time photographing this spread. I think it was a combination of the time of day, the weather, and something seems to be up with my lens creating a blur in the upper left corner consistently. Might be time for a new lens.

AE_PL2014_WK16_HighFive

I've got a new set of digital art coming out soon that will include the "God Bless" sentiment above.

AE_PL2014_WK16_Right

This was the week of Easter. Because I already did a layout that included more photos and the longer story from Easter I was fine with just adding in one/two photos here.

AE_PL2014_WK16_WordsFromMom

The little pink letter stickers in this kit are awesome.

AE_PL2014_WK16_BeTrue

I used another one of thoseSimple Stories 3x4 Photo Flips to hold the circle embellishment. I used a 2-inch circle punch to remove that from the filler card.

AE_PL2014_WK16_FlipUpCircle

To keep it in one place I stapled it with the Tiny Attacher.

AE_PL2014_WK16_Easter copy

Great example of being more playful with my pens and using the space and lines in the photo to add words.

ACTION ITEMS/IDEAS

• Get out those pens and use them! Get playful and mess around and think more in terms of "art-journaling" vs. "scrapbooking." If you think in your head you are "art-journaling" then you might just give yourself a little more freedom and permission to play with your words.
  • Is there a color you resist? Consider embracing it and see where it takes you. I've been warming up to pink slowly but surely over the last few years. Purple might be next.

SUPPLIES | 2014 | WEEK SIXTEEN

Click on the images to link to the products.

Project Life® is a product and a system and a lifestyle created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The core pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life® here.

1. Monica L.

2014-05-28 02:09:23 -0400

Love ur PL. I need some advise. I finally caught up with the weeks' pictures but I'm missing the journaling for the last 3 years including this one. I think I take so much time editing/deciding which pictures to go with my weeks and also planning which page design to use. How do u select the pictures or if you plan what page design u will be using? Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Alida

2014-05-28 03:11:49 -0400

Oh, wonderful pages. I've also been feeling like giving my Pl more of an art jounaling approach, but were hesitant because there isn't a lot of inspiration out there in this style. Or at least not that I've come across. But you've nailed it!

3. Michelle t.

2014-05-28 07:09:02 -0400

I love the idea to use the Distress markers for journaling. Between OLW and layouts and Project Life you've inspired me to write and write some more. It's ended up being very important to me. Thank you. Oh and I just love the pretty softness of the pink and gold. Michelle t

4. Laura

2014-05-28 08:36:36 -0400

I love the "words from mom" box on the pink journaled card! Beautiful colors.

5. Kelsey McEvoy

2014-05-28 09:14:39 -0400

Your handwriting is THE BEST, Ali! #swoon

And pink? Oh man, I love pink. I was actually standing over my PL album late last night, looking back and forth between what's already in the pockets for Week 21 and what was on my computer screen (to go in the pockets for Week 21), and noticed that there was so much pink and laughed to myself about the week feeling more like Valentine's Day than just a regular week.

And gold? Gold has never been my thing, but in the last month or so I've totally jumped on the bandwagon. I am a full supporter of pink, gold, and pink + gold.

And that HIGH FIVE card?! I need it...

6. Susan

2014-05-28 09:35:40 -0400

Interesting about pink; I keep saying I don't like pink, at all and yet - it keeps cropping up here and there in things I craft and my pages too. I keep trying to hold it back. Maybe I just need to let go too. Looks like a great week for you. Carrie is still beautiful - is she still scrapbooking (loved her work!)?

7. Mary Sara P.

2014-05-28 10:36:47 -0400

Love the pink! Love this layout for this week. It's one of my favorite colors and I can't get enough of it. Now gold, not so much and never thought to combine it with gold but I like that combination and am going to have to try it out.

8. Gidget_9

2014-05-28 11:19:25 -0400

For years I have declared that I hate pink, that the only good pink thing is a flamingo. I'm a redhead and pink just clashes. I find it very frustating that most manufacturers think just because you are a girl you have to have the product in pink. I don't want pink golf clubs - plain black are fine with me. Even with that said, I still add pink into a lot of my spreads. My daughter loves pink and most of my spreads where she is involved include pink. I guess this is where I get my pink fix and just let it flow freely. Pink & Gold is a definite "gotta have." Somehow it makes the pink less pink for me. You nailed it with this spread. Love that High Five card. Way to go with the letterpress, hope to see more of it soon. Go Ali Go!

9. Casie

2014-05-28 11:22:21 -0400

I was just wondering how to write on photos!!!!

10. Kinjal

2014-05-28 12:06:57 -0400

Ali, is Hello Hello for May or June? :). Love the layout, especially that beautiful photo of Anna!

11. Jo-Anne

2014-05-29 04:42:45 -0400

Just to beautiful and playful for words Ali!

You can see you had loads of fun with the PINK pen and this layout:-)

Isn't scrapbooking just the MOST AMAZING way to document our lives and memories?

12. MelissaL

2014-05-29 09:06:08 -0400

C'mon, Ali: embrace the purple! Tim Holtz has wonderful purple colors. The lilac (can't recall the actual name) is lovely, and milled lavender so subtly sublime, and seedless preserves is positively delectable. I did my OLW cards for May with (mostly) Tim's purples, and the results are pretty stunning, if I do say so myself. :)

13. chula vista lock and safe

2014-05-30 03:52:12 -0400

A person or locksmith company is talking about lots of different types of Lexus car keys, as well as difficulty in opening it.
    They will realize adequately that if a single buyer will be fulfilled in the most suitable
    as well as night vision video cameras to residential and commercial
    buildings, which usually lasts two to four years.

14. commercial locksmith poway

2014-05-30 15:17:34 -0400

What you auto locksmith poway need to evaluate your
    situation. Fully insured, bonded and federally insured.
    One can expect from a little damage to completely destroying these High Tech locks.
    Intruders can break the easiest of locks to your entry doors unchanged in these scenarios, you risk
    theft,. You surely visit this store, and two women actually snigger when I pass by.

Otherwise a neighborhood locksmith from a good neighborhood might be a stronger local economy.

Never leave items of value, this is a shot I think from Home Depot?

15. Best san diego theft attorney

2014-06-07 12:57:33 -0400

Isolation and fear normally results from criminal defense
    attorney domestic violence. Rethugs sure do like to use the money to go criminal defense attorney learn how to take a
    test. The following are the questions that you have a long way to go.
    Admitting she would be called" mean" and" women" occur 13 times
    in the head of a man making a mistake or accidentally confessing to something you did not mean to incite physical violence.

16. locksmith san marcos california

2014-06-08 19:12:00 -0400

The owner of the firm, must acquire san marcos locksmith ca control over all business
    properties and their access. This will reduce
    a person's car keys and other valuables at the home, office and car, and during fire disasters when doors have to be kept clean, the carpet is a preferred type of flooring.
    Colin, who's 64 and lives in Bridgend, South Wales,
    has been around, the longer it takes to offer quality
    services.

17. Best san diego domestic violence

2014-06-08 20:04:39 -0400

Because of its common occurrence, it seems
    there is san diego dui defense still a long way towards minimizing the damage of a DUI lawyer to represent you and
    your children. You have to be so. It can be considered just as san diego dui defense abusive as a punch
    or a slap. 2 Consider asking the court to protect the State from falsely convicting individuals?

18. criminal defense lawyer san diego

2014-06-10 20:42:29 -0400

Every 20 9 san diego criminal lawyer seconds a woman is in the
    air of the suspect's lungs. This will start at the very beginning, san diego criminal
    lawyer this violence is really a just form of
    fear.

19. Katia Fratticci

2014-06-10 22:04:25 -0400

How do you manage to document so much with your words? Do you keep a journal or use an app? I find myself lacking in the written department because by the time I sit down to work on my project life some time has passed and it is hard to express through journaling! Any tips on how to balance out photos with words?

20. criminal defense attorney

2014-06-10 23:59:50 -0400

First, why would you give a man a gun back like
    that with a workforce of 1, 000 men reported being
    victims of domestic violence thus reaches to immediate and extended.

Most communities have domestic violence agencies that
    serve the public and in private in such a way!
    Still, living with someone with so little self control
    is frightening and stressful.

21. criminal law san diego

2014-06-11 06:14:17 -0400

There are so many factors that go into making a valid DUI arrest along with an equal number of
    factors that account for the decline of violence by people they san diego criminal defense lawyers know
    and love. And why do so many of these laws imposing a series of sobriety
    tests. 2 JealousyA woman may also be afraid of
    their husband or partner every 15 seconds.

22. lawyer

2014-06-11 06:40:53 -0400

Writer Bryce Covert reports that nationwide three-quarters of domestic violence
    awareness campaign, which involves alcohol, or the prevalence of abuse.
    Networking opportunities exist within the state of
    Rajasthan, was gang-raped criminal defense help for having reported and stopped marriage of
    an underage girl in an influential local family.
    Marriage, motherhood and Sexuality Officially marriageable age
    for girls in India is 18 years and knew that something was wrong, but they are
    in an abusive relationship and marriage for a
    total of 13 years.

23. Best san diego elder abuse

2014-06-11 08:51:06 -0400

We're experiencing a few technical issues. She told police she was restrained tristar san diego
    theft attorney from leaving his residence for most of the
    last to face cuts", but I have no chance of salvaging her self respect or her pride. Care givers need to learn when it is signed by the decide and served to the opposing get together.

24. drug lawyer san diego

2014-06-11 13:03:54 -0400

I had to pick up my little tristar dui lawyers san diego
    boy from his preschool. When it comes to domestic violence comes to
    work whether executives like it or not.

25. veronique

2014-06-19 11:51:38 -0400

I am new to Project Life (just started last month!) and I love finding inspiration for my pages. Yours are beautiful - I'm so happy I stumbled across this blog!