Yesterday I took some time to finish up the last couple of things left to do with my December Daily™.
Here's a look at the 2 inch rings. They worked fine but I wasn't totally satisfied. I tried the next size up (the 2.5 inch rings) and they just looked way too big (the one in the middle is missing because I was hunting for it and couldn't locate it).
Here's a look from the side - you can see here that it's pulling a bit on the top and the bottom.
Other than the ring binding, I also wanted to try running some baker's twine and a piece of ribbon through the holes to see if I liked that better.
It takes a bit longer to get the ribbon + twine through all the pages but in the end I liked that option better.
Here's a look at what I did with the intro page:
In Photoshop I created a new canvas that was 2 inches wide x 4.25 inches tall at 300 dpi.
From my photo management program (Aperture) I dragged and dropped the images I wanted to use into Photoshop.
I re-sized them to either 2 inches wide or 3 inches wide and layered them one on top of the other to create the strip.
I printed them here at home and adhered it into my album. The intro page was a free download available here.
Again, thanks so much to all of you that participated this year! For those of you who are continuing to work on your project, you can do it!
Look for information about December Daily™ 2011 to begin sometime in October.
You can view all pages about the December Daily™ project here.