In this month's Story Subscription classroom I invited everyone to document their 7AM and 7PM on March 10th with a couple photos and some words.
Nothing intense, nothing overly involved - simple and easy. Set your timer, snap a photo, jot down a few words. Real life my friends.
At 7AM I was already working in my office. My kids were sleeping in because we had a 9AM dentist appointment. After reading The Fringe Hours recently I've really been thinking about how I use little pockets of time. I used that morning time to get my Project Life® spread done that I posted yesterday.
At 7PM I was helping Anna with her homework. I noted in the journaling that it's easy to help her because she is so excited to be learning and to be showing me what she's learning. Simon was taking a bath during this time.
Here's the layout I ended up creating with my content:
This one seemed tough to get the colors right when I photographed it, but I think you get the idea.
Here's a run down of the process:
- I started with a blank piece of white cardstock (8.5 x 11) and I added just a bit of Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray ink to the top and the bottom (Mint and Mustard).
- I cropped and paired each of my photos with the tranasparnet 7AM and 7PM cards (included with the AM/PM Story Kit™) and adhered them onto another piece of white cardstock that I used as a mat and home for the photos and journaling. Where the photos and the transparent squares meet I layered the "day/night" chipboard diamond and the "this is life/hello everyday" chipboard phrase strip.
- Below I added "the story of this morning" and "the story of this evening" stamps along with my simple journaling about what was happening around here at those times.
- A little strip of star vellum from Crate Paper peeks out from the bottom and I ran the whole thing through my sewing machine to add a stitched border around the main content.
- I finished it off by stamping the date in red ink along the top edge.
Big thanks to those of you who played along. Also a big thank you to those of you who have decided to subscribe to either/and the Story Stamps™ or the Story Kits™ - I appreciate you and hope that it's working to help you get more of your stories told!
The AM/PM Story Kit™ and Story Stamp™ is available for just a few more days before the new theme is released on the 15th.