Here's your reminder that you're invited to join me in documenting a Day In The Life™ tomorrow Tuesday, March 29th, 2016.
Don't get too caught up in any one part of this. Seriously. Just grab your camera (your DSLR, your iPhone, a small camera - whatever you have is the best one to use) and start taking photos. Think about your story as you are taking photos. What is your waking-up story? What is your morning story? What is your mid-day story? What is your evening story? What is your bedtime story? And then fill in the gaps along the way.
There isn't a "right" number of photos for this project or a "right" way to approach it. Some people like to write things down throughout the day and other people just use their photos as memory triggers (this works great if you are working on bringing your content together soon after the fact and less great if you wait a long time between the content collection and the making of your own project).
I know for me I'll be writing down times (most likely that will happen as I post my images to Instagram throughout the day using the hashtag #aeditl) and little micro stories throughout the day. I'll ask myself questions like:
>> What's the central theme of our life right now and how can I capture that visually?
>> What is the stuff that seems really small & mundane right now but is actually a really beautiful reflection of who we are today?
>> What makes us "us" at this point in time?
>> What are the basic details of our day - times, meals, routines, etc? Numbers are a great way to tell this story - think miles driven, cups of coffee consumed, pages read, etc.
>> I remind myself over and over again that it's not about what is or isn't perfect, it's about what simply is.
I'm including my personal documentation as an insert in Project Life® but it would also work great in a traditional album or as a mini-album as well.
This is a great warm-up for Week in The Life™ coming up in May. Don't forget to take advantage of the shipping specials for Week In The Life™ kit/product preorders which ends March 31st (kits will be shipping first week in April).
HELPFUL LINKS + ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Read about how this project got started here.
- Download free Daily Sheets for documenting your day.
- Purchase my new Day In The Life™ Layered Template Set (6x12 or 4x6) or order my Day In The Life™ Mini Kit for a physical kit approach (or combine the two together). Check out other products recommended for Day In The Life™ documentation here.
- Check out my Day In The Life™ stories from 2013: January | February | March | April | May | June | May 2014 | May 2015
- You can also check out how I incorporated them into my completed Project Life® spreads in 2013: January (Week 5) | February (Week 9) | March (Week 13) | April (Week 18) | June (Week 26)
Hope you'll consider participating!