December Daily® Product Play 3
This year we will take a closer look at playing with three specific shapes in December Daily® documentation: hexagons, numbers, and wreaths. There are so many different ways you can creatively play with them to support and complement your stories - from using already designed products to creating your own. We'll also be talking about the specific design concepts that go into working with these shapes which will be useful for you in projects going forward (repetition, layering, scale). I'll be using products from this year's December Daily® collection but the products are not required as many ideas can be translated to what you might have in your memory keeping product stash. As always I'll be coming at this with storytelling and simple design at the forefront.
PLEASE NOTE: Ideas and pages created for this workshop will become part of my December Daily® Foundation Pages for 2019. As always I will be sharing an overview look at all my Foundation Pages on my blog in late October/early November - this means that the pages I'll be showing you how i create will likely be shown on my blog before the how-to appears here in the classroom. The actual how-to process videos and step-by-steps of some of my specific pages created for this class will be exclusive to this workshop.
If you are interested in focusing on hearts, stars, and circles you should check out my original December Daily® Product Play workshop.
If you are interested in focusing on trees, tags, and words check out December Daily® Product Play 2.
- Amy Gretchen
- Pam Baldwin
- Laura Wonsik
- Lisa Varshine
- Morgan Beal
- Elizabeth Heinz
What you'll learn
- Ways to play & create with hexagons, numbers, and wreaths when creating foundation pages and homes for stories in December Daily®
- Creating pages with stories in mind / Creating homes to hold your stories in December
What you'll get
- Full color handouts for each topic that include ideas and how-to's
- A main presentation for each theme and a total of 9 process videos/started pages from Ali (3 for numbers, 3 for wreaths, 3 for hexagons)
- A process video and how-to lesson from each Contributor
- Additional digital tutorials when applicable (for a deep dive into working with digital products in paper projects check out my Hybrid workshop)
- Digital package that includes PNG and Silhouette Studio files (Contributors sometimes create digital files that will also be added to the classroom.)
What you'll need
- A playful attitude
- A collection of various wreaths, numbers, and hexagon embellishments (letter stickers, stamps, etc)
- A storytelling mindset
- Ali will update the supply list as the workshop gets closer
Nov 4Class begins3:00AM EST
Nov 4Basic Supply Suggestions3:00AM ESTClick here to check out a list of optional supplies.
Nov 5HEXAGONS3:00AM ESTClick here to check out my process videos for three different ways to play with hexagons.
Nov 7Hexagons With Amy Gretchen3:00AM ESTAmy shares cool ideas for working with hexagons in your project.
Nov 9Hexagons With Pam Baldwin3:00AM ESTPam shares cool ideas for working with hexagons in your project.
Nov 12NUMBERS3:00AM ESTClick here to check out my process videos for four different ways to play with numbers.
Nov 14Numbers With Elizabeth Heinz3:00AM ESTElizabeth shares cool ideas for working with numbers in your project.
Nov 16Numbers With Morgan Beal3:00AM ESTMorgan shares cool ideas for working with numbers in your project.
Nov 19WREATHS3:00AM ESTClick here to check out my process videos for three different ways to play with wreaths.
Nov 21Wreaths With Laura Wonsik3:00AM ESTLaura shares cool ideas for working with wreaths in your project.
Nov 23Wreaths With Lisa Varshine3:00AM ESTLisa shares cool ideas for working with wreaths in your project.