December Daily® Hybrid Product Play 2023
Hybrid scrapbooking combines digital products with physical supplies to create paper (or printed) memory-keeping projects. For this class, our contributors will share with fun, creative ideas and inspiration for working with these digital products from the 2023 December Daily® Collection:
- December Daily® 2023 Digital Main Kit
- Digital Large Plastic Hearts
- Digital Holiday Phrases Large Sticker Sheet
- Ali's Christmas Phrases Digital Stamp Set
Note: These products will be available for purchase on October 13, 2023.
All of the projects and techniques provided in this self-paced class will demonstrate how versatile digital products can be in helping you get your stories told. Our hope is that you will come away with ideas for using digital products to create homes for your December stories.
Please Note: This workshop is not meant as an in-depth software workshop. The contributors of the class will be using either Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Canva, and the examples and projects they share will show you the steps they take to create physical projects using digital memory-keeping products. To learn more about hybrid scrapbooking, check out these classes:
What you'll learn
- Fun + creative ideas for using digital products from our 2023 December Daily® Collection (i.e. journal cards, papers, brushes, and embellishments) in paper projects
- Techniques for recoloring and resizing digital elements, masking photos inside shapes, creating your own embellishments (just to name a few!)
- How to create pages with stories in mind/create homes to hold your stories in December
What you'll get
- Video tutorials that include step-by-step instructions for using either Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or Canva
- Classroom content with blog post-style information including photos of completed projects
- Full supply lists
- Gallery for sharing your work/assignments
What you'll need
- Software for working with digital products (such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or Canva)
- Patience working with computers (it helps)
- A playful attitude
- A storytelling mindset
- The supplies for each lesson will vary, but a selection of basic scrapbooking tools (i.e. scissors, paper trimmer, adhesive, hole punch) is always a good place to start.
Oct 13Class begins3:00AM EDT
Oct 13Hybrid Lesson with Denine Zielinski10:00AM EDTCheck out Denine's interactive layout using embellished ornament shapes.
Oct 13Hybrid Lesson with Jennie Rey10:00AM EDTCheck out Jennie's ideas for using a 10x8 paper, a die cut wreath and dotted numbers.
Oct 13Hybrid Lesson with Jessica Luther10:00AM EDTCheck out Jessica's idea for creating a flip-out page that highlights some of her favorite stories.
Oct 13Hybrid Lesson Kim Hurst10:00AM EDTCheck out Kim's idea for creating an altered mini book with pockets, tags, and other fun things.
Oct 13Hybrid Lesson with Rachel Hart10:00AM EDTCheck out Rachel's idea for creating interactive flip-up banners.
Oct 13Hybrid Lesson with Ronelia Motroni10:00AM EDTCheck out Ronelia's idea for creating a wreath shaker pocket.