December Daily® Product Play 4
NOTE: Register for this workshop before the end of the Order Period (ends September 24th) and get it for $17. After September 24th it will go back up to the full price of $20.
This year we will take a closer look at playing with three specific shapes in December Daily® documentation: triangles, transparency, and texture. There are so many different ways you can creatively play with them to support and complement your stories - from using already designed products to creating your own. We'll also be talking about the specific design concepts that go into working with these shapes which will be useful for you in projects going forward (repetition, layering, scale). I'll be using products from this year's December Daily® collection but the products are not required as many ideas can be translated to what you might have in your memory keeping product stash. As always I'll be coming at this with storytelling and simple design at the forefront.
PLEASE NOTE: Ideas and pages created for this workshop will become part of my December Daily® Foundation Pages for 2020. As always I will be sharing an overview look at all my Foundation Pages on my blog in late October/early November - this means that the pages I'll be showing you how i create will likely be shown on my blog before the how-to appears here in the classroom. The actual how-to process videos and step-by-steps of some of my specific pages created for this class will be exclusive to this workshop.
If you are interested in focusing on hearts, stars, and circles you should check out my original December Daily® Product Play workshop.
If you are interested in focusing on trees, tags, and words check out December Daily® Product Play 2.
If you are interested in focusing on numbers, wreaths, and hexagons check out December® Daily Product Play 3.
- Krystal Idunate
- Morgan Beal
- Tazhiana Gordon
- Lisa Varshine
- Laura Wonsik
- Amy Gretchen
What you'll learn
- Ways to play & create with triangles, transparencies, and texture when creating foundation pages and homes for stories in December Daily®
- Creating pages with stories in mind / Creating homes to hold your stories in December
What you'll get
- Full color handouts for each topic that include ideas and how-to's
- A main presentation for each theme and a total of 9 process videos/started pages from Ali (3 for triangles, 3 for transparencies, 3 for texture)
- A process video and how-to lesson from each Contributor
- Additional digital tutorials when applicable (for a deep dive into working with digital products in paper projects check out my Hybrid workshop)
- Digital package that includes PNG and Silhouette Studio files (Contributors sometimes create digital files that will also be added to the classroom.)
What you'll need
- A playful attitude
- A collection of various triangles, transparency, and texture
- A storytelling mindset
- Ali will update the supply list as the workshop gets closer
Sep 24Class begins3:00AM EDT
Sep 24Supply List3:00AM EDTClick here to check out Ali's full supply list for 2020.
Nov 3TRIANGLES3:00AM ESTClick here to check out my process videos for three different ways to play with triangles.
Nov 5Triangles With Kyrstal Idunate3:00AM ESTKrystal shares cool ideas for working with triangles in your project.
Nov 7Triangles With Morgan Beal3:00AM ESTMorgan shares cool ideas for working with triangles in your project.
Nov 10TRANSPARENCY3:00AM ESTClick here to check out my process videos for three different ways to play with transparency.
Nov 12Transparency With Amy Gretchen3:00AM ESTAmy shares cool ideas for working with transparency in your project.
Nov 14Transparency With Tazhiana Gordon3:00AM ESTTazhi shares cool ideas for working with transparency in your project.
Nov 17TEXTURE3:00AM ESTClick here to check out my process videos for three different ways to play with texture.
Nov 19Texture With Lisa Varshine3:00AM ESTLisa shares cool ideas for working with texture in your project.
Nov 21Texture With Laura Wonsik3:00AM ESTLaura shares cool ideas for working with texture in your project.