What's your story?
In this self-paced class you will say hello to a dozen fun strategies for sharing more of your words, and more of yourself, on your scrapbook pages.
Hello Story features 12 storytelling techniques that will bring both creativity and clarity to your documenting process.
Through more than 60 in-depth videos, 36+ layout examples from Ali designed specially for this workshop (12" x 12" and 8 1/2" x 11" layouts, plus Project Life® inserts), and 12 digital/printable packages, Hello Story will inspire you to take action and give you the tools you need to tell your own stories with confidence.
Are you ready to discover (or rediscover) the fun that comes from the interplay of design and words? By the end of class, you may even enjoy the storytelling process just as much as you love taking photos and playing with paint and paper!
What you'll learn
Here's what I want you to know:
- This is a layout class that emphasizes the place where design + words meet. Each lesson also includes an example for taking the topic and using it in Project Life® as an insert for those of you who are enjoying that memory keeping style at this time.
- This workshop is not solely focused on writing. It will definitely be a part of what is addressed but I've decided to approach the layouts in this workshop by starting with a design idea/theme first as a way to create a storytelling foundation. I'm branching out beyond some of my tried and true techniques and playing with a different approach by starting with these fun design concepts.
- Story structures included in this workshop include: timelines, fill-in-the-blank, direction, time, mathematics, six word stories, pie charts, maps, numbers, 5 W's, opposites, and rules for living.
- This workshop originally ran at Big Picture Classes. The content is the same. If you took this class via Big Picture please start a conversation with my Customer Service team to give you access to this workshop.
- This is a self-paced workshop. You will have access to all materials immediately upon purchasing this class.
What you'll get
- 12 story-focused lessons
- Each lesson includes a full color handout, slide presentation and video-walkthroughs on how I completed each project (over 62 videos in all)
- Each lesson includes a printable and/or digital element package (total value over $48)
- Message Board for communicating with others who are working through the content
- Gallery for sharing your projects
What you'll need
As you begin this class here’s what I recommend you have on hand:
- Pattern paper
- Pens for written journaling
- Photoshop or Word for printing digital elements and/or computer journaling
- Ink Jet printer for printing printable elements