Hello Story 2 (Self-Paced)
One of the most popular workshops I've ever offered has been Hello Story.
It is recommended but not necessary that you have taken the original Hello Story before embarking on Hello Story 2. The new workshop will dive right into content without the "stage-setting" that happened in the original workshop.
To purchase a bundle of the original Hello Story + Hello Story 2 go here.
Hello Story 2 features 3 storytelling structures/techniques that will bring both creativity and clarity to your documenting process: grids, lists, and color.
Through in-depth explorations of each topic I'll share with you how I use each of the story structures to get the stories of my life told.
Are you ready to discover (or rediscover) the fun that comes from the interplay of design and words? Hello Story 2 will inspire you to take action and give you the tools you need to tell your own stories with confidence. By the end of class, you may even enjoy the storytelling process just as much as you love taking photos and playing with products!
What you'll learn
- This is a layout class that emphasizes the place where design + words meet. Each lesson also includes an example for taking the topic (grid, lists, or color) and using it in Project Life® for those of you who are enjoying that memory keeping style at this time.
- This workshop is not solely focused on writing. It will definitely be a part of what is addressed but I've decided to approach the layouts in this workshop by starting with a design idea/theme first as a way to create a storytelling foundation. I'm branching out beyond some of my tried and true techniques and playing with a different approach by starting with these fun design concepts.
- Story structures in this workshop include: grids, lists, and color.
What you'll get
- Each lesson includes a color handout, slide presentation, and process videos for how I completed each project
- Each lesson includes a printable or digital element package
- Message Board for communicating with others who are working through the content
- Gallery for sharing your projects
What you'll need
As you begin this class here’s what I recommend you have on hand:
- Pattern Paper
- Pens for written journaling
- Photoshop or Word for printing digital elements and/or computer journaling
- Ink jet printer for printing printable elements