Playing With Paper
Playing with Paper is all about playful, creative ways to get crafty with your memory keeping projects! In this class, we're going on a treasure hunt for fun ideas and inspiration that spark our curiosity. We'll turn that spark into a variety of fun projects that include stitching and sewing on paper, transparencies and vellum, envelopes and pockets, creative cut-outs, interactive flaps and pull-tabs, and going BIG! This class is for people of all skill levels. Our goal is simply to have fun telling our stories, and to make projects that bring you joy! I hope you'll come out and play!
Join Pam Baldwin and a truly talented team of creative paper artists:
- Jennie Rey
- Shu-Wen Tham
- Jenny Simon
- Veronica Milan
What you'll learn
We’re going to dive into the topics of:
- stitching and sewing on paper
- playing with transparencies and vellum
- having fun with envelopes and pockets
- creative cut-outs
- techniques to expand your memory keeping canvas
- and interactive flaps and pull tabs.
What you'll get
- Each core lesson (6 in total) will include a printable handout, a video to introduce the topic + review skills/techniques, a collection of fun inspiration pieces, and process videos for each project (2-3 projects per lesson).
- 4 amazing contributor projects + “how-to” instructions
- A digital kit designed by Ali Edwards
- Message board and gallery to share your awesome creations
What you'll need
- A basic selection of scrapbooking tools, including patterned paper / cardstock, adhesive (rolling adhesive, double sided tape, dimensional foam), scissors, paper trimmer, craft knife, photos, pens for journaling, ruler, ability to print digital files at home (inkjet or laser printer), pocket page protectors,
- Nice to have but not “required’: scoring board, bone folder tool, electronic die cutting machine (eg. Silhouette or Cricut)
- Stitching Lesson: paper piercer, embroidery floss, sewing needle (machine stitching may be discussed but a sewing machine is not required to participate), washi tape
- Transparencies and Vellum Lesson: variety of pre printed or plain acetate / transparencies and vellum, printable transparencies, laminating sheets, StazOn ink, adhesive vinyl, black cardstock
- A list of additional tools and supplies used for the projects will be provided in each lesson.