Stories of Hanukkah
Stories of Hanukkah is all about fun ways to document Hanukkah. We will explore several different approaches on how to include Hanukkah in your memory keeping and dive into some really fun interactive techniques to tell your stories. We will be working step by step through several pop-up pages, creating Hanukkah papers with mixed media, and making Hanukkah layouts using items from the December Daily® shop. This class is for anyone who wants to find fun ways to document your Hanukkah stories and learn some awesome techniques that can be used year round!
What you'll learn
The goal of this class is to encourage you to tell your Hanukkah themed stories through a variety of fun hands on projects.
- You will learn how to approach a project like a Hanukkah album with limited supplies.
- How to build a stash kit for your project.
- How to create supplies from scratch using fun hands on techniques.
- How to create unique interactive layouts and pop ups to tell your stories.
What you'll get
This kit is packed full of fun interactive projects, coordinating digitals and step by step walk throughs of interactive layout construction and design.
- Step by step instructions and walk throughs of pop-up construction and design. Including printable templates for interactive pages that can be used over and over again.
- Six lessons with at least two process videos per lesson for projects based around themes from Hanukkah. (Ie. Menorah, dreidel, nosh. And presents)
- Story ideas and project planning discussion for each lesson.
- A digital mini-Hanukkah kit from Ali. Unique digital downloads and hand drawn papers made to coordinate with the projects.
What you'll need
Many of the lessons in this class will be using products from the shop including December Daily products and stamps. You can find links to each of the products used within the lessons. In addition, you may also want to have:
- A basic selection of scrapbooking tools, including patterned paper / cardstock, adhesive, scissors, paper trimmer, photos, pens for journaling, ruler and a paper scoring tool
- Photoshop or Word for printing digital elements and/or computer journaling
- Ink Jet and laser printer for printing digital files at home
Dec 5Class begins10:00AM EST
Dec 5Introduction10:00AM ESTLet's talk about Hanukkah craft supplies and creating your own Hanukkah stash kit.
Dec 5Lesson 1 | DIY Hanukkah Supplies10:00AM ESTFinding ways to create our own Hanukkah supplies and customize what we have to suit our project
Dec 5Lesson 2 | December Daily® Hanukkah Play10:00AM ESTAdapting products from the December Daily® Main Kit to come up with Hanukkah ideas
Dec 5Lesson 3 | Menorah Stories10:00AM ESTTelling stories about the Menorah and using the Menorah as our jumping off point for design ideas
Dec 5Lesson 4 | Dreidel Stories10:00AM ESTCreating pages based on the jumping off point of Dreidels
Dec 5Lesson 5 | Documenting Hanukkah Nosh10:00AM ESTIdeas for stories and design ideas using the jumping off point of Hanukkah Nosh
Dec 5Lesson 6 | Hanukkah Presents10:00AM ESTWrapping up our Hanukkah adventure with stories about Hanukkah presents