The Family Resilience Handbook
In this workshop, we will dive deep into the stories of family resilience. Specifically, we will create a 6 x 8 album of how your family and its members have bounced back from various life challenges to move forward. Through four focused lessons, we will reflect on and describe your own family's history, establish your family's personal motto, and document family resilience through family interviews.
Here is a look at each lesson:
ONE | Family Defined // Who do you consider to be a part of your family? What activities connect you and your family members?
TWO | Resilience Timeline // What is resiliency? How have specific life events impacted who your family today?
THREE | Family Motto // What are your core family values + strengths that make up your family brand? What words best describe your family?
FOUR | Family Interviews // How do family members encourage everyday resilience right now?
- Jess Forster
- Ali Edwards
- Brandi Kincaid
What you'll learn
- How to define your family's beliefs, communication styles and ways of organization
- Tips for telling stories across a variety of time periods and how to apply a resilience framework to your family stories
- Ideas for working with older photos or how to document stories that don't have pictures
- A closer look at my Family Resilience Handbook album + how it can be a livable document in your family life
What you'll get
- Full color handouts for each topic that includes inspiration, ideas and how-to's
- A main presentation for each lesson and a total of 5 process video from Jess
- Supporting content from Ali + Brandi
- Additional digital tutorials when applicable (for a deep dive into working with digital products in paper projects check out Ali's Hybrid workshop)
- A digital package that includes PNG files (see image in slider)
What you'll need
- A growth mindset
- A willingness to investigate challenging personal events and what you + your family have learned from those experiences
- All the contributors will be using a mixture of the Family Story Kit as well as the Family Resilience Handbook Digital Kit as a base for their album.
Aug 26Class begins12:00AM EDT
Aug 26Welcome + Setting Up Your Album12:00PM EDTA video presentation welcoming you to class + video walk through of how I set up my album.
Aug 26Resources12:00PM EDTA list of helpful resources about family resilience.
Sep 16Lesson One: Family Defined (Jess)12:00PM EDTIn Lesson One we are taking a closer look at who is in your family and what family means to you.
Sep 18Lesson One: Family Defined (Brandi)12:00PM EDTIn this lesson, Brandi shares her take on how she defines family.
Sep 20Lesson One: Family Defined (Ali)12:00PM EDTIn this lesson, Ali shares her take on how she defines family.