Yesterday & Today (Self Paced)
The goal of Yesterday & Today is to help you meaningfully document and celebrate life by looking to the past before approaching the stories of today. The benefit of looking to the past is that we gain perspective. We see things differently after developing an awareness of what we know and what we wished we knew. Looking back, even if we're just viewing old photos of people we don't know, can change the way we approach the photos we take and the stories we tell today.
Topics this workshop addresses:
- Where do you begin creating with photos from generations past?
- What do you wish you knew about your parents when they were growing up?
- How do you document the challenging times in your life?
- How do you create layouts that tell special stories when you don't have any photos?
- What are the lessons of your life so far?
What you'll learn
Yesterday & Today includes 13 lessons. All lessons are immediately available to you upon purchasing this workshop.
The first six lessons of Yesterday & Today address topics related to yesterday: dealing with old photos, identifying which stories mean the most, gaining perspective. You'll then transition for a couple of lessons and shift your focus to cover stories that include content from both the past and the present. The last few lessons are devoted to exploring techniques that help you tell the stories of everyday life right now.
Yesterday & Today is designed to:
- Begin the journey of creating a life-affirming 12" x 12" album that mixes stories from the past and the present.
- Be about you OR about someone you love (or you can do a bit of both). Each layout topic can be translated into a page about yourself or a loved one.
- Be an in-depth exploration of each topic per week. There will be just one layout project per lesson. You will not be scrapbooking your entire life story as you work through this workshop.
- Be an opportunity to use what you have from your current stash of supplies.
- Challenge (or affirm) the way you think about scrapbooking. It is less about playing with products and more about focusing on the words and photos.
- Inspire you towards a deeper understanding of the power scrapbooking can have in the way we live our day to day lives.
- Give you a plethora of ideas for additional layouts to complete and stories to tell once the workshop is finished.
- Instill confidence in your personal creative process.
- Be open to all memory keepers whether you prefer paper or digital (or a bit of both).
What you'll get
- 13 lessons that each include a video presentation, video tutorials (where applicable), a PDF handout, and a hand-drawn quote that relates to the theme of the lesson.
- Message board for asking questions and supporting each other.
- Gallery for sharing your projects.
What you'll need
- A willingness to look to the past before telling the stories of today.
- You do not have to have old photos to participate in this workshop or to get inspiration. It's helpful and meaningful but not a requirement.
- Students can choose to purchase an optional package of digital supplies for creating the class layouts.