December Daily™ 2011 | Day Fourteen

Welcome to December Daily™ 2011 | Day Fourteen.

Busy day today that included a trip to the dentist, phone calls, a little shopping with Simon after school, homework time and tacos/nachos for dinner. All that meant my page was put together after dark (which makes it more challenging to photograph paper crafts).

Last year I included our Christmas card in my December Daily™ - it was the first time in a long time that I actually sent cards and I was so happy - and I knew I wanted to include whatever I ended up doing for 2011.

This year our card is from Minted's 2011 Holiday Card Collection. I was super happy with the quality of these cards and would likely use them again in the future. It's printed on a nice, thick cardstock. I went with a pattern on the back - next year I don't think I'll get a pattern on the back because there's not really any room to write even just a little note. Looks cool but next time I'll remember that I do like to write just a bit on each card.

I decided to just slip the actual card in the page protector (a nice thing about having the page protector) without adding any other paper behind it. For the second page I took a photo of my tray of cards which included one of Anna's envelopes that she "helped" me with last night.

I used an American Crafts Precision Pen to write directly on the photo (on the blank part of the envelope, below Anna's marks).

I used the Tiny Attacher on top of the chipboard word.

Super simple page today - nice to have a few more quick and easy options!

SUPPLIES | DAY FOURTEEN

Click on the images to link to the products.

Memories matter

TODAY'S POST SPONSORED BY | Scan Cafe

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY FOURTEEN

You’re invited to include a link to your DAY FOURTEEN page here. Please link directly to your post vs. your general blog link.

1. heather

2011-12-16 00:24:19 +1300

Ali wondering if there is a way to remove a link I accidently did link #2 to a different address..if not no big deal but thought I'd try.

2. dawn

2011-12-16 01:09:07 +1300

I like your cards for this year, they came out great. I actually did a collage photo from our favorites times over this year and sent them out in a card. This was a first for me and everyone is calling and telling me how much they loved it. My husband's boss even took the time to call and express how fun it was. Usually I just send cards and have put the kids school photos in them but this was a big hit and think I will do it again next year too.

This was a great page for your day, happy happy picture!!

3. Lorette C

2011-12-16 01:35:21 +1300

Beautiful pages! and wonderful card ALI... as always!

I plan to add one of my cards to my album... I handmade 130 with no more than 2-3 the same! Our tradition is to add our family photo taken at Thanksgiving but I omitted the photo and opted to send a bookmark announcing our youngest son's upcoming wedding in 2012.
    I've started getting my book ready! I purchased several of your digital files, changed the color and sizing of the images... I want to make mine 6X6... this is a challenge for me because I LOVE 12x12 pages. I sure hope I find that Tiny Attacher in my stocking!
    Love the striped paper... nice touch!

4. Estellita

2011-12-16 01:47:19 +1300

Yes ! Sometimes, it's really difficult to find time to realise the pages ... This day i have my job plus an evening party in my school, with the others teachers ... I have prepared the foundation pages, but the photos will be taken this evening ... I think Picasa will help me tomorrow or tonight ...
    Kisses from France !

5. Elaine Bieman

2011-12-16 02:11:18 +1300

nice cards and bright colours.

6. Mrs. b

2011-12-16 03:07:25 +1300

Love your Christmas card! So pretty!
    I am trying to make ours at this right moment, but am stuck in the process (why is it always like that.. A picture to put on a card, and I am just stuck trying to figure out how it should look like... just making it too complicated... I would have gone for the ready designs, but since I am a bit late and need to get cards to be sent by tomorrow I just need to fix and print here at home.)

Now back to business... Thank you for the inspiration - it did give some ideas I could try out!

7. Carmen Pauls Orthner

2011-12-16 03:55:49 +1300

Too funny -- my day 14 is our Christmas card too! I don't have page protectors, and the card is double-sided (postcard style, from Cardstore), so I just made a pocket and attached it to the Dec. 14 overlay/template from your DD collection. DH was too tired last night to actually do the addressing, but we got our database ready to print addresses onto labels, so that's on the agenda today -- together with buying stamps. :)

8. Katie Scott

2011-12-16 05:08:55 +1300

We normally do a pciture of our family on the beach every year for the Christmas card and I can't believe it is December 15th and we haven't done this yet! Maybe this weekend! How does Christmas come so fast?!

9. Ann Marie

2011-12-16 05:16:34 +1300

I used Minted this year again. I just couldn't pass up the beautiful designs and the ability to showcase a few extra pictures with words using their timeline add on.
    Looks so much more classy than a type written letter.

10. Shelly

2011-12-16 06:37:05 +1300

I had the same Christmas card dilemma of patterned paper on the flip side, with no room for a handwritten message.

So I found some blank white 1" and 2" mailing labels in my postage file.... drew a 'AE'style free hand border with a black gel pen and slapped it on the patterned side to write a note on selected cards.

11. Paula G

2011-12-16 06:51:42 +1300

Delightful cards (and of course delightful kids too :) )

I am having so much fun with the project, last few days my 14 year old has had to be picked up from school multiple times with anxiety attacks and tummy aches - some days more than one pickup (school attendance has been out of whack so sometimes we try to get her home, calm her and take her back.) Thanks to this project, I am aware to find the bright spots in each day, and as upsetting as some of the moments or hours have been, there are always bright spots when you look closely for them. This project reminds me to do this, and instead of looking back at this week as a fiasco, I will have the happiness documented.

12. rhonda

2011-12-16 08:19:55 +1300

Love your card! I mailed my cards out on the 1st so the first page in my DD is about our card! Love the ruler strip is it ribbon or paper?

13. amy tangerine

2011-12-16 08:58:32 +1300

adorable card! feels good to play a bit of catch up on my end. as always, thanks for the constant inspiration.

14. kate adderley

2011-12-16 09:32:27 +1300

ooooh Ali, you so inspire me, even though lm not doing december daily, l have been checking your blog everyday, your work is amazing and l think l will be doing dec daily next year, l did your WIAL this year for the first time and absolutely enjoyed it , l normally scrap 12x12, but scraped WIAL in the 8 1/2 x11 and found it to be a much eaiser process, lov'in the simpleness of it ,so l think now that the size is for me, have also been following your project life and as a trial run l brought some WRM K eepers page pockets to give it ago, this is now how l want to scrap, l have realized now that its the photos and journalling that l love and not so much all the fancy decorating, thats the beauty of project life for me , l can still have my photos, tell my story and it still gets to look decorative and not over done , such a simple process, so now l have ordered my first clementine project life kit and cant wait for it to arrive, l'd also like to thank you for always sharing your beautiful work with us all, you do an amazing job, l wish you and your family love , peace and happiness over the christmas and new year, and was also wondering if you stamp set 25 MOMENTS AND IT'S OK are going to be availble in Australia anywhere, would love to add them to my other sets l have of yours, thanks Ali..........love kate

15. Nickolette

2011-12-16 10:25:53 +1300

I am considering the December Daily overlays and wondered if the Day of the Week layer can be turned off when printing these? I would just like to see the number...Thanks!

16. Lucy

2011-12-16 11:48:08 +1300

I'm embroiled in too many other Christmas projects (family calendar among them and Christmas cards -- still have lots of them to do!), but I sure have enjoyed following along these past 14 days. I'm looking forward to the rest of them, too. I usually use Shutterfly for my picture, calendar, stationery and other gifts with picture needs, but will check into Minted. It's new to me, but sounds promising. Thanks.

17. Kim Thomas

2011-12-16 18:22:09 +1300

It's nice to do a simple page sometimes, isn't it? Thank you for the inspiration. I'm really enjoying it.

* edited 08/11/14 11:34PM
  18. The Sparkly Fairy (Emma)

2011-12-17 06:28:03 +1300

Hi, I bought the overlays for the project. I am using Scrapbook Artist. Could anyone tell me how to change the colour of the numbers on the overlay so they are red??

Thank you!

19. Love These Father’s Day Cards | Ali Edwards

2013-06-07 22:01:17 +1200

[...] and quality it was an easy yes. Check out my Christmas cards in my December Daily albums here: 2011, [...]