On Monday I'll be starting my annual Week In The Life project and even though I'm feeling pretty tired from all the back-to-school transitions happening around here I'm really excited.
Check out my 2013 planning post here.
Here's some additional details and thoughts:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT NEXT WEEK:
- Each day I'll post my photos, a photo count, and a few observations from my day (I will post my Monday photos on Tuesday morning). See an example from Tuesday last year. From the 9th to the 15th my focus will be on documenting daily life with photos and words. I'll put my album together in a tangible format the week after (hybrid using the 8.5x11 layered templates).
- There will be a sponsored giveaway each day next week that will be open for 24 hours - leave a comment at the end of the post to enter the giveaway. We will post the winners of the giveaways all at once the following week.
- Each day next week I will also include a place within my words and photos post to share a link to your blog or Flickr or Instagram stream. Love the sharing that happens during the week.
WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND TO GET READY:
- Download and print out the free Daily Sheets.
- Take a look back through my Week In The Life Archives to see how I've approached this project in the past. There are a bunch of different helpful posts for getting in the right frame of mind as you begin.
- Purchase the layered templates (8.5x11 or 12x12) or 4x6 journal cards from Designer Digitals to simplify the process. You can also check out my other everyday life product suggestions or my collection of photos from last year all in one place on Flickr.
- Charge your camera battery. I tend to like to try to use my DSLR (also known as my "big" camera) more during this week.
- Practice using your self-timer so you can get yourself in the pictures.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
Getting yourself in the photos. Turn the camera on yourself using the self-timer or get someone else in your house-hold or work to help you out. Get creative with including yourself - how can you document the everyday things you do and include yourself in the photo? I almost always get a photo of myself doing laundry. Glamorous? No. Real? Yes.
Take photos of the most basic things. Those things that we often take for granted are often some of the things we miss the most if there's a big change in your life. Think about favorite things in your house, your unmade bed, your desktop (clean or dirty), a favorite wall in your house, the inside of your fridge, etc.
This is not a race or a competition or a comparison game. This is an opportunity to see your life as it is right now reflected back to you via your own images and words.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
- Join the Week In The Life 2013 Flickr Group to share your daily photos.
- Join the free Big Picture Week In The Life Community here to share your work and communicate with others documenting their week.
- Use the hashtag #weekinthelife on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
AND MOST OF ALL...
Have fun. Take a deep breath (I'll be doing this I'm sure). Get connected to your life (the who, what, where, when, and why of your everyday life).
Have a great weekend and I'll post a little something to get us all going on Monday as well.