NUMBER OF PHOTOS FOR WEDNESDAY | 50 (or so)
Both kids were back in school (Simon’s first full day of 6th grade and Anna’s final half day before starting full days on Thursday). We had our first morning of breakfast and driving to school all together and it was actually really nice and smooth and I was thankful for the practice of taking Anna in the mornings the last week and a half to get the timing worked out.
After dropping Anna off in her classroom Simon and I have a chunk of time available to us before he needs to be at school. Today we stopped at Starbucks for kids hot cocoa with whipped cream and a tall Blonde roast with no room. I’m looking forward to that one-on-one time even if we’re just hanging out in the car waiting for the classroom doors to open. Connection.
After dropping both of them off I was back home at my desk to work. It’s a strange mixture of relief and missing them/feeling like a piece of me is missing. So much of my experience these days seems to feature some sort of push and pull. Go/stay. Fill/empty. Fear/courage. Joy/sadness.
Here’s a look at some of my favorites from Wednesday:
There were other photos I could have taken today but didn’t for one reason or another:
- A Simon melt-down upon arriving home on the bus because the driver needed to see an adult open the front door before she would let him off (a change from the summer when we’d filled out a form that let him get off and walk up to the door on his own without an adult opening the door – he liked that independence). She didn’t have any forms for me to sign to allow him to do that today so that will happen next week.
- Katie and Simon playing thumb-war to get him over his bus frustration.
- Chris picking the kids up for the rest of this week and an extended conversation reviewing the new schedules and him diligently writing it down in his notebook.
- A mini-celebration for a friend who found courage today.
- Plane tickets purchased for one of those things I couldn’t possibly say no to.
- Me eating three slices of cheese pizza for dinner followed by a bowl of chocolate ice cream and an episode of Orange Is The New Black as I settle into the quiet of my house.
SHARE YOUR WEDNESDAY
I’d love to have you include a link to your WEDNESDAY of words and photos here. Please link directly to your post vs. your general blog link. Thank you!
TODAY’S POST SPONSORED BY | BIG PICTURE CLASSES
Are you loving Week In The Life? Take it one step further, see your daily life in a sublime new light—and capture it with your camera—in Picture Everyday: Finding and photographing the magic in your daily life with Tracey Clark. Class starts Thursday September 12th!
TODAY’S SPONSOR GIVEAWAYS | Click here to check out today’s giveaways from Stuck On You.