The lovely Susannah Conway has a new book available today titled This I Know: Notes On Unraveling The Heart. I received it last week and have been savoring it. It’s real and raw and beautiful and true. It’s about loss and rebirth and finding yourself. Highly recommended.
To celebrate the launch of her book I invited her to share some words and photos with you today about her everyday life (totally makes me want to do a day in the life again).
1. A simple breakfast of smoked salmon, boiled eggs, blueberries and cream cheese. I’m trying to loose a few pounds so I forgo my usual toast. It’s not too much of a hardship.
2. Exercise. This is a new part of my day, something I’m not loving enormously but hoping I will learn to enjoy. My body needs it, my minds it… I’m doing my best. Today I fast-walked through the park listening to dance music then came back and lifted free weights. My arms are starting to tone up which makes this 39-year-old woman extremely happy.
3. Most days are spent indoors at the computer, but today I met my friend, Jo, for lunch. Walking into town I discovered bunting has been draped everywhere — everyone seems very excited about the Queen’s upcoming Jubilee. I remain ambivalent.
4 & 5. Lunch at Jamie’s Italian, my favourite place in Bath. Jo and I talked non-stop for an hour or so. I’m so grateful for friends who get me.
6. More bunting. It’s an epidemic, I swear!
7. Home and back to work. My first book is coming out in a week so I’m sending out copies and doing lots of promotional work. It’s exciting and nerve-wracking and amazing.
8. Every time I open my book I find something I need to read in that moment. It’s uncanny. I sometimes wonder if I wrote the book for my future self.
9. Quick Skype check-in with my virtual assistant, Nita, who lives in California. Having help and support in my business has truly revolutionised how I work these days.
10. I finally get off the computer around 10pm and chill out with a DVD for a while, beer in hand. There was dinner too, but it wasn’t worth photographing. My bed, however, WAS worth photographing — it’s my cosy cocoon and I love it so. Sleep rocks.
ABOUT SUSANNAH | Susannah Conway is the author of This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart (SKIRT!, June 2012). A photographer, writer and e-course creator, her classes have been enjoyed by thousands of people from all over the world. Co-author of Instant Love: How to Make Magic and Memories with Polaroids (Chronicle Books, 2012), Susannah helps others reconnect to their true selves, using photography as the key to open the door. You can read more about her shenanigans on her blog at SusannahConway.com and connect with her on Twitter: @SusannahConway.