Welcome to December Daily™ 2013!
I’m so excited to embark on the documentation piece of December Daily™ once again. Can you believe it’s December 1 already?
I’ll be sharing my Day One tomorrow (living it today, posting it tomorrow).
Here’s a few thoughts for you as we move forward this month:
1. No stress. These projects are supposed to enhance our joy during the holidays and not distract from it or cause additional stress. What works for me is to carve out a little time each day to create my page (it also helps that I know you guys are reading and playing along). It might not be possible for you to work on it everyday and I might do a couple days at one time too depending on how our days unfold.
2. Make it work for you. It’s so fun to see what other people are doing and get awesome, creative ideas from their spreads. On the other hand it can be overwhelming and easy to play the comparison game. When you start feeling that way bring it back to your core reasons for embarking on this adventure in the first place. What works for me is to focus on one story per day.
3. Enjoy. That’s the bottom line. Enjoy the season and then enjoy the process of documenting it. You might want to focus on the words or the creative process or the photos – do what makes you happy. This project continues to be a great way to get intentional about December.
- 25 Story Ideas And Stories Inspiration
- Tips on getting started from 2011 (I re-read these and thought they were pretty darn good reminders)
MY 2013 FOCUS
The last few days I’ve been thinking about my focus for 2013.
One of the things I noticed as I looked back at last year was the lack of “good” photos. I could tell that I put less thought into the photos I was taking (I think it was a reflection somewhat of how I was feeling last December) – the lighting, the composition, etc. It’s not all about taking awesome photos but I know I can put more effort into that this year. I love the enlarged photos from my past 6×8 albums so I’m hoping to include more of those this year.
I’m also looking at my calendar for the month and seeing what things can be added and/or subtracted to make it a more joyful season. I have cozy, peaceful visions in my head – and lots and lots of twinkle lights.
Ready, set, go and enjoy December!
GIVEAWAYS & DAILY SPONSORS
Be sure to check out the December Daily™ 8 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS starting today over on my blog. Each day from December 1 through December 8th I’ll feature two companies. The giveaways will open at 3am PST and comments will be closed at 9am PST the following morning. We will announce all the winners in one post the following week.
Also, I’m super thankful for the companies that have signed on to sponsor December Daily™ this year. I’m excited to share them with you at the bottom of each post. Please check them out!
SHARING YOUR WORK
Each day I’ll include a section to share your work – day one will be included with my post tomorrow. You can also share your work in the December Daily™ 2013 Flickr gallery.
TODAY’S POST SPONSORED BY | ONLINE CARD CLASSES
Looking for the perfect holiday gift for the crafter in your life? Look no further! We’ve made it easy to gift ANY of our classes at Online Card Classes. Perfect for the new or experienced cardmaker.