December Daily™ 2012 | Day Fourteen And Day Fifteen

The kids and I took a little time away this past weekend with some new friends. It would have been more "holiday-ish" to stay home, but this was worth it for a million different reasons. It's been an interesting December around here including more travel and time away from home than usual (or at least than in the past) with more to come. Not better or worse, just different.

But man oh man there's a lot to do this week. Simply can not believe that Christmas is early next week.

Here's a look at my Day Fourteen and Fifteen:

On Thursday night I attended a fun holiday party. I decided that it would be totally fine to use it as my story on Friday even though it happened on Thursday night.

I printed this photo on vellum and adhered it to the back of Day Thirteen.Why print it on vellum? Why not?

Those awesome glitter letter stickers are from Mambi - I found them at JoAnn's last week.

The lovely little banner is from Crate Paper (and was included in the Studio Calico kit).

I blurred faces to protect the innocent.

Journaling fit into the box below the date with the photo overlay.

And Day Fifteen:

Letter stickers are BasicGrey Blue 6X12 Micro Monogram Stickers.

Those little green accents were included in the Studio Calico kit (not sure where they are from). I cut them in half and stapled them on both pages of the spread. The word art is from my December Sentiment Strip set.

Here's a link of all my days so far for 2012:

SUPPLIES

Click on the images to link to the products.

TODAY'S POST IS SPONSORED BY | SIMON SAYS STAMP

Simon Says Stamp card kits are perfect for paper crafters of all types. The December card kit "Everything is Merry" is a delightful holiday package filled with treasures of the season. From an exclusive holiday stamp set, little labels and wax seals to tiny pieces of holly and berries, the kit will help you celebrate everything merry for you. Use it not only for creating festive cards, but unleash it's possibilities within your December Daily this year. Simon Says Stamp is a family owned business in Ohio, the heart of it all.  Committed to their customers, Simon is working to bring fresh and innovative products to paper crafters everywhere. Be sure to visit their store this season!

SHARE A LINK TO YOUR DAY FOURTEEN AND/OR FIFTEEN

You’re invited to include a link to your DAY FOURTEEN AND/OR DAY FIFTEEN page here. Please link directly to your post vs. your general blog link.

1. Kathy

2012-12-17 19:39:52 +0800

Love the pages Ali and I was a bit nervous about the small 6x4 pages this year but it's easy to complete in a busy month and your little templates have worked so well. So love this project. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

2. Marie

2012-12-17 19:44:10 +0800

I really love how you "put together" everything (pictures, journaling, embellishments) on your pages. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiration.

3. Kathy

2012-12-17 19:58:12 +0800

Hi Ali
    What font have you used on the journalling in your B&W girls photo on the right? Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

4. monscrapondingres

2012-12-17 20:44:23 +0800

Totally love the last photo with it's title and the green accents !

5. mindy

2012-12-17 21:55:01 +0800

Love this!! How do you add journaling in the overlay box? Also, how did you get your letters on so perfect (the light blue basic grey alphabet)? I can never get mine to look like that!

6. Ana Paula Paes

2012-12-17 21:58:18 +0800

Love your work! You totally master scrapbooking everyday life! Would you consider a tutorial on how to print on vellum? I so want to do it but I´m so afraid of trying and mess my printer. Thanks in advance!!!

7. Cori J

2012-12-17 22:18:01 +0800

Hi Ali,
    When you do your journaling do you pre write it so you know what you want to write or do you just go for it and put it down as it comes?
    I struggle with this part all the time!

8. Nora McMillan

2012-12-18 00:09:38 +0800

Hi Ali, This is my 6th year of doing a December Daily album. Thank you so much for the inspiration! I am using your 4x6 overlays and templates this year, but my album is vertical vs horizontal. So I have figured out how to turn things on their side. Sometimes I change the overlay to white, but there still is a black center on the letters. Is there a way to make all of the writing white? Thank you again. Merry Christmas!

9. Katie

2012-12-18 00:20:06 +0800

I love the vellum printed picture and the sparkly letters!

10. Valerie.H

2012-12-18 02:14:04 +0800

I love the glittery title. Looks so fun.

11. Marie-Pierre

2012-12-18 12:19:59 +0800

Ali, I love the simplicity of your album! I remember you said that your wish for all the people doing December Daily this year would be that we have fun...well, I do have fun, but I once again have been caught by the complicated part of the December Daily which for me is designing the pages. The format is strange.... and I have too many decisions to take for every page. I love coming here and check your pages just to recenter myself and go back to sweet and simple and yet beautiful and "story telling" LOVE IT! Thanks for the inspiration!!! And Happy Holidays to you and your family! :)

12. Mindy

2012-12-18 15:01:11 +0800

i have been loving following along with all your december daily posts! i still have a pile that will become my album sometime soon :) question about printing on vellum....do you use a laser printer or inkjet? thank you!

13. December Daily 2012 | Day Twenty | Ali Edwards