A Week In The Life & Cool Lunch Stuff.

Awitl

This week I have been working on recording a new week in my life for my CKU-Album class starting up again in March. Such a fun project. Love looking at the details of life right now

In the process of recording my week I have been laughing at a few things about myself:

[1] I don't leave my house very often. Seriously. The grocery store, Target, and taking Simon to or from school if Chris is not available. I laugh about it, but I also kinda like it. I like being in my own little place. Surrounded by all my stuff. Working. Hanging out with Chris & Simon. Etc. And I am lucky because Chris is a good errand-runner. Today was the first day out of three that I left the house.

[2] I eat the same stuff over and over. I get in a groove with eating and go for it LOL. Coffee for breakfast and maybe some instant oatmeal. Lunch has been cheese enchilada's from Amy's.

[3] The UPS person comes here almost everyday. Well, not really, but this week he has been here daily dropping off products for upcoming workshops. This is fun, but it takes up a bunch of space in a space that is already really small. I am continually adjusting and rearranging.

[4] I think about simplifying all the time. I think this is good and necessary to the process of getting rid of excess stuff. I have become skilled at asking myself (in my head) repeatedly...is this necessary, is this seving us, is this just excess, do I/we really need this? I am finding this constant questioning to be key...but also a bit annoying after awhile.

[5] I am on this computer WAY TOO MUCH.

[6] I love taking naps with Simon.

[7] I am enjoying having Chris working at home.

[8] Life is good.

Recording a week is such an interesting exercise just in examining how you are living your life. I love seeing the patterns that emerge that have probably always been there and I have just never noticed them before.

COOL SITES
I also wanted to share a couple sites that have been making me happy lately. The first is this one: Vegan Lunch Box. The second is the site that offers the lunch box she uses on that site: Laptop Lunches. I first saw the Laptop Lunch site awhile back after reading about it in Body & Soul. I liked the idea of sustainable lunch containers and, as you may know, I love everything to have a home. Somehow I came across the Vegan Lunch Box site and was re-inspired to order the lunch box and to get back on the job of encouraging Simon (and me, LOL) to eat more well-balanced meals. There is lots of good info on both these sites about fixing healthy lunches - and man I love the daily visual inspiration of the Vegan site.

1. Mary Jo

2006-01-06 13:54:21 -0600

Love those sites you shared!! I am always struggling with what to feed Evan and I for lunch. He is one of the pickiest three year olds I have ever come across and that's with also being a teacher in a classroom of 2-3 year olds for five years :)

2. Robin Weiss

2006-01-06 15:42:43 -0600

Okay you know Kevin is a vegan so thanks for the link. And while the lunch box is VERY cool. It's $125!!! And hse let's her kid touch it. Mine would probably still be in a box. It's a couple of thermoses and some tupperware. What am I missing here??? If you're interested in vegan cuisine, Kevin got Vegan World Fusion (cookbook). He really likes it. He even sprouted some wheatberries for a recipe this week. Ok I should be sleeping.. I am in bed with lap top and sleeping husband and child. Night west coast...

3. ~leah g~

2006-01-06 15:56:54 -0600

Very cool that you are "taking your class" again this year. I'll bet it will be great fun to compare it to last year's and see what's changed.
    Wish I could be there . . .

* edited 08/11/14 10:16AM
  4. Els (ex-Belgium now Vic, Australia)

2006-01-06 21:48:09 -0600

1, 4, 5 and 8: totally me.
    Love reading your blog every day.

5. Sara McMartin

2006-01-06 22:20:13 -0600

I had to laugh at the eating groove. I am like that as well. Right now I am on a frozen egg roll kick! Love them! Everyday I eat 2 of them and love dipping them into this great Thai eggroll sauce!!

6. Kel_eh

2006-01-06 22:54:09 -0600

Hi Ali - I'm all lost now the Christmas Journal class is over. All webbed up and nowhere to go! I just wanted to say hi when I saw your Robert Fulghum quote. I LOVE him and hardly anyone around me knows him.
    Kel x

7. Melissa

2006-01-06 22:58:55 -0600

I think I would find I lead a very boring life if I journaled my entire week... a lot of driving the kids around and working from my little computer chair. LOL!

8. Jenn

2006-01-06 23:43:07 -0600

ugh wishing we had CKU up in Canada :(
    Thanks for sharing the cool sites Ali
    peace
    jenn

9. Lynne

2006-01-07 00:59:09 -0600

Here's a really great idea for CK for all of those people (a.k.a. me) who tried to sign up for your track at CKU in Chicago and couldn't get in (waaaaa!). They should develop a DVD of you doing the class, and sell that. Man, I would love that! I could go back to it over and over again when I needed a boost or inspiration -- and, like you -- maybe go back and do a class over again at some point in the future! I'll bet there are a bunch of folks out there just like me who would love to see you "live" but would also be really, really happy with a digitized version if we could get it! :-)

10. Holly

2006-01-07 01:10:24 -0600

What a hot idea! Love it girl!

11. Ahna

2006-01-07 01:58:00 -0600

Love the alum class on DVD idea! I am in Oklahoma and we don't have much CK action here (only one time per year)I would totally buy the class on DVD. Seriously, I am an Ali addict. I am checking out the vegan site now, used to be a vegitarian (5 yrs long)been thinking about returning to that, mainly because I was 60lbs lighter then. Boy-that would be nice. Thanks for the inspiriation.

12. Sugar_Peas

2006-01-07 02:17:33 -0600

LOL same thing here about dh being at home and barely leaving the house. I realized I need to have hubby do preschool drop off and pick up because if I go I end up there for 30-45 min each time chatting with my friends when I'm supposed to be home working!
    I get stir crazy and just HAVE to get out sometimes but I love it that hubby is willing to do most of the errands ; )
    Also love the DVD idea! I am still bumming I wasn't in your track at Stamford.

13. Cindy

2006-01-07 02:41:51 -0600

AHH-I haven't finished my album from Provo! Thinking about CKU in Atlanta. I would love to repeat your class.
    Cool lunch boxes, but my wild bunch would just destroy the containers. Love the vegan site, will have to adapt some of it for my Feingold diet bunch.

14. Daphne

2006-01-07 03:19:07 -0600

I would LOVE THE ALI DVD ... I would buy it. I am even thinking of doing A Week in a life of Daphne by going through the homework assignments even though I cant go to the Chicago CKU!!! I love that idea. I am a working mom and sometimes I wish I could stay home but, I work with seniors in an adult day center; in which I look at it as a ministry and some weeks I do billing; stay late doing it; but, after looking at your homework assignments; its important to document these "ucky" work weeks as well as home things. Its important to sb good and not so good things! Daphne

15. Deirdre

2006-01-07 03:41:56 -0600

First---Love the lunch box, and just a note---you can get it for only $19.00 if you check out the "individual items" (for those scared away by the $125 price tag).
    And two quotes your entry today reminded me of, maybe you already know them.
    Annie Dillard: “How we live our days, of course, is how we live our lives.”
    Seems so connected to your "week in the life" album. I know what kind of life I want to live, but don't always know what I want to do with my day. This quote keeps me on track--I want a day of gratitude, simplicity and connection.
    William Morris: "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." He said it over 100 years ago, but people seem to be more in need of hearing it now. And I love the second criteria---easy to forget that we need beauty, that beauty is useful in its own respect.
    Thanks for your constant inspiration!

16. Deanna B.

2006-01-07 04:25:18 -0600

I'm so wishing for CKU-A in Nashville next time. : ) But I do get to see Donna so I can't complain!:o) Ha! I'm so the same... stay at home more than I really get out. Eat the same stuff ( Dh always wants to change that one.)We are always 'trying'to eat better, but the Vegan diet stuff is not so appealing to me. Cheers to you guys for being able to do it!

17. Rhonna

2006-01-07 04:59:53 -0600

see? just what I said...
    you exude positive energy & are an inspiration to us all....
    love you, A!
    R

18. Sharon

2006-01-07 05:42:22 -0600

Ali, do you have a format for recording "A Week in the Life" . . . it looks like it in your photo. Are you willing to share? I'd love to do the exercise and see just where the time goes and see what patterns emerge. Thanks.

19. Sharon

2006-01-07 05:46:46 -0600

20. Emily

2006-01-07 06:12:26 -0600

Mmmm...I love those Cheese Enchiladas by Amy's. They are better than you can buy in most restaurants!!!

21. michele

2006-01-07 09:16:57 -0600

Ali, thanks for sharing the Laptop Lunchbox site. I love those little containers! I'm a SAHM and I'm always struggling to think of healthy things to eat. I ordered a lunch box and their little book. Can't wait until they arrive! :)

22. kristi

2006-01-07 18:41:15 -0600

Wow, we have a lot in common. Glad I'm not alone in my little homebody phase. :-) I can sooo relate to everything you wrote.

23. Raymond

2007-09-11 19:06:57 -0500
  24. tyu

2008-02-28 18:48:08 -0600
  25. Digitaldomainonline.com

2008-12-14 22:56:41 -0600

Digitaldomainsonline.com offers Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfer, Domain name renewal, Domain Appraisal, Domain Back