Chris Edwards for Oregon.

Photostripe

I am the wife of a man who wants to make a difference. Who wants to change "politics as usual" with a common sense, back to basics approach to governance. His campaign site is now live - check it out here: chrisedwardsfororegon.com.

Chris is running for the Oregon House of Representatives, District 14. Ours is a district of 55,000 people - a mirror of Oregon as a whole: a little bit downtown, a little bit rural/small towns, largely suburban. We love where we live. We love the school that Simon attends. We love the neighborhoods and community activism. And yet, there are things we would like to see changed in our area, in our state, and worldwide.

Change begins right here, with us - with Chris.

Edwards4_2006small

Chris is a door to door man. His passion is people - face to face discussions about issues and needs. Sometimes the door is quickly closed and other times a wonderful back and forth conversation ensues.

He started going door to door last December and estimates that he has knocked on nearly two-thousand doors in our district so far. His goal is to hit 10,000 doors by November.

Chris received strong support in his primary election - overall he received more votes than his incumbent opponent. A great showing for someone that has spent no money advertising yet (except for lawn signs).

Current fundraising efforts have been focused on individuals rather than special interest groups. He has been endorsed by people from teachers to timber workers, from nurses to banking executives, from life artists to wine makers, from truckers to professors. It has been so cool seeing support come in from so many diverse people, friends and family, and from people who have met Chris and can see his passion and believe in his ability to make a difference.

Check out his site. Read about his philosopy & issues. And if you are so inclined to make a donation to his campaign (and you are a US citizen) - any amount is appreciated - go here. And if you live in our area we would love to have you volunteer as well.

And, in advance, thank you for your generosity & support for someone who is attempting to live their passion.

PS: If you live in Oregon, a donation of $100 for couples filing jointly can be taken as a tax credit (that is a dollar for dollar reduction in the amount you owe).

1. Janet Petersma

2006-05-24 10:30:13 -0400

Just wanted to say I LOVE the "Let's Get to Work". It's just such a simple, but uplifting and action-oriented phrase. It really inspires confidence. Best of luck to you guys. Be the change you want to see in the world. :-) Janet

2. kristy

2006-05-24 12:06:54 -0400

Thanks for the information. I hope you don't mind but I am going to share Chris's Campaign information to our friends, both in and out of the Eugene area and see if we can't get some more support your way.
    Best of luck to Chris, you, and Simon
    From your expat-Oregonian supporters!
    PS a check is on its way!

3. mel

2006-05-24 12:16:47 -0400

I think if my local member knocked on my door I would be floored, I don't even know who it is. It is so great he is doing this and that he has such a great woman standing beside him. Good luck :)

4. Jill S

2006-05-24 12:21:38 -0400

Happy to support Chris' campaign and his goals.

5. Barb Hogan

2006-05-24 12:28:36 -0400

Good luck Chris! We need more people like you. I'm jaded, however.
    I have a friend who recently made a Herculean attempt to run for Congress. He's a fresh new face, has great ideas, isn't extreme, and he got crushed by the political machine who felt that he didn't toe the party line closely enough and they basically crushed him like a bug.
    It makes me ill how grass roots politicians hardly have a chance these days, especially if they dare to stand by their own ideas.
    Prove me wrong, Chris! Show me that the "regular guy" has a chance!

6. melissa

2006-05-24 13:47:49 -0400

hi ali...
    i'll be forwarding a link to this on to my brother-in-law who teaches architecture at univ. of oregon eugene...a transplant from boston. i have been singing your praises and so now, chris's. hey, we come from Mass so democrats unite! btw, everytime a family member visits them in OR, i request a delivery of yumm sauce which i got curious about in a post you did months and month back. we'll be coming in july so i'll get it first hand! it is defnitely YUM. good luck to chris!
    melissa

7. Carrie

2006-05-24 14:03:15 -0400

Dude - you know we are so there. Love ya -

8. Shannon

2006-05-24 15:08:41 -0400

Best of luck, Chris & Ali!!!! (& Simon:))

9. yolanda

2006-05-24 17:06:11 -0400

we are moving to the corvallis or eugene area by mid july or first of august.Does his area cover these counties as I know they are not that far apart?Also If you had to choose since you have lived in both which would you choose.
    Thanks,
    yolanda

10. Kate

2006-05-24 18:42:08 -0400

Best of luck to Chris!!! So wonderful that he is following his dream and trying to make a difference!

11. Carrie

2006-05-24 18:49:38 -0400

Best of luck on the campaign. I hope he wins because I believe one person can make a change. I really liked his view, especailly health care. Being a single mother at one point in my life & working but with no health insurance I just couldn't believe the bills I got, it ruined me finacially and credit wise. I just never believed they would charge insurance companies like that. And who are the uninsured? The people living paycheck to paycheck, who work without coverage, who put their health on the back burner because our kids need to eat and they need to have regular medical check-ups. I hope his start becomes a national change. It's so needed. Sending good vibes & prayers this is the beginning of a brillant career!

12. margie

2006-05-24 19:10:30 -0400

As the daughter of a former politician...My Dad was the Attorney General of the State of Utah for 2 terms and ran for Governor when I was 12...Pretty cool stuff, You are the perfect partner for him...Love that you want to be part of making a difference! LOVE it...
    Good luck to him!
    kiss kiss
    m

13. Jennifer Pebbles

2006-05-24 19:51:03 -0400

Ali, I love Chris's politics...if he wins, we're packin' up and movin' to your town!!

14. Kell

2006-05-24 20:04:20 -0400

Chris' objectives sound well thought out and very positive. I hope he is successful in his campaign. Good luck!
    Kellie, Newcastle, Australia

15. Caroline Ikeji

2006-05-24 20:36:23 -0400

good luck!
    if i was in oregon, i would totally vote for him!

16. Jessica Stoops

2006-05-24 23:50:43 -0400

Best of luck to Chris. I look forward to hearing updates in your blog about the election. Jess

17. Jenny Rebecca

2006-05-25 01:31:42 -0400

Sure wish I lived in Oregon, good luck with everything!

18. Lori

2006-05-25 03:04:24 -0400

Good luck to Chris! You must be so proud!

19. Kelley

2006-05-25 03:48:15 -0400

Go Chris! I love to see people with vision who aren't afraid to chase their dreams. You will make a difference for the people of the great state of OR and that rocks. Good luck to you this November.

20. Sally in Mass

2006-05-25 05:12:21 -0400

Best wishes to Chris and the family throughout the campaign!

21. sarah

2006-05-25 06:33:44 -0400

best wishes to Chris!

22. Lain Ehmann

2006-05-25 08:33:16 -0400

Ali-
    Does Chris have a button that links to his website? I'll gladly post it on my blog!
    oxxo
    Lain

23. Kimberly L.C.

2006-05-25 12:20:15 -0400

Are you sure you don't want to move to California so I can vote for Chris? I googled him long before you posted this and was just thrilled with everything I read! I also read about his primary election results and was very impressed he got those numbers against when compared to the incumbent. Hopefully those same numbers will show up in November!

24. julie miller

2006-05-26 00:58:29 -0400

Love everything on that website. Like Lain said, I would gladly put a button on my blog to support him. I wish we could split him in 2 and he could run in Wisconsin where I am. Best of luck to him!

* edited 08/11/14 11:17AM
  25. Digitaldomainonline offer Low Cost Domain Name Registration Transfer Renewal Shared Dedicated Web Ho

2009-01-02 18:52:30 -0500

Digitaldomainsonline.com offers Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfer, Domain name renewal, Domain Appraisal, Domain Back Order, GTLD Domains, CCTLD Domains, Bulk domain name registration, Bulk Domain Transfer, Internationalized Domain Names (IDN),